Shennmue 3 mentioned in UK OPM

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shennmue 3 mentioned in UK OPM

Postby Lawtowler » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 am

Not sure if this has been done already but...I was reading the most recent Official Playstation Magazine last night and I was pleasantly surprised to see they had ranked Shenmue 3 third in the most wanted game section.

Each month there's a page dedicated to most wanted games coming up. It's usually filled with confirmed games so I was surprised to see Shenmue make the list. It came in third behind Uncharted 4 & Watch Dogs. Not too shabby.

Not exactly news but it's good to see all the hard work and petitioning is starting to get proper recognition.

Momentum is gathering...

Lawtowler has received 3 thanks from: nskachu, Supa, ThyDarkAngel
Lawtowler
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: lawtowler
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia

Re: Shennmue 3 mentioned in UK OPM

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 am

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Shenmue is really everywhere these days, isn't it?
Sure, we are talking about small things but still, this is an over a decade old game getting press coverage very regularly.

I stay by my words that I honestly think that there are more Shenmue fans now than ever before (plus the medium/industry/audience is, in some ways, more ready for something like Shenmue now than in the 128 bits era).

One of these days, something good will come out of this.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby C.. » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:39 pm

With all these magazines and gaming websites talking about Shenmue. With the campaign from dojo members are SEGA and even Yu Suzuki even aware of the following that this series has got?
C..
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Here's the history behind this article, for those who missed the background.

Sega's well aware of the following that Shenmue has, but they choose to downplay and overlook it. Yu Suzuki however, while keen to deliver Shenmue III to the fans, may not be so aware of quite how many there are, as he doesn't actively participate in social media. He probably doesn't even know about the #SaveShenmue (formerly #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense) campaign. Opportunities for fans to bring it directly to his attention have been passed up so far.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby starscream178 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:22 pm

I don't know guys, I feel like this is the year we are finally gonna see our third piece in the saga. To many magazines, dlcs and speculation from the industry seems to be pointing towards the final arrival of our game we've been waiting for. I don't post here to often, but I've lurked here for the longest time, even before I made this account. I feel it though. It's gonna happen. I can feel it, down in my plumbs. Seriously though, I'm excited. I think we are gonna get some good news really soon.
starscream178
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 am

starscream178 wrote: I don't know guys, I feel like this is the year we are finally gonna see our third piece in the saga. To many magazines, dlcs and speculation from the industry seems to be pointing towards the final arrival of our game we've been waiting for. I don't post here to often, but I've lurked here for the longest time, even before I made this account. I feel it though. It's gonna happen. I can feel it, down in my plumbs. Seriously though, I'm excited. I think we are gonna get some good news really soon.

Said every year.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby starscream178 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

derp wrote:
Said every year.

Hey man, feel free to disagree with me, but this year more than any in the last 5 I'VE definitely felt like the game will get an actual release date. This is the first time I've said it, and truly feel confident behind saying it.
starscream178

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:56 am

True. This year is different. There is so much going on, more then in the last 10 years I'd say.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:02 pm

starscream178 wrote:
derp wrote:
Said every year.

Hey man, feel free to disagree with me, but this year more than any in the last 5 I'VE definitely felt like the game will get an actual release date. This is the first time I've said it, and truly feel confident behind saying it.

was calling him "derp" really necessary? people on this forum were around when shenmue 3 was actually announced and they didn't get it, it's completely understandable why they're so weary about it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby lavrentis » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 am

E3. It's happening.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 am

lavrentis wrote: E3. It's happening.

Yep.

E3's happening this year. :P
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby starscream178 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:01 pm

south carmain wrote:
was calling him "derp" really necessary? people on this forum were around when shenmue 3 was actually announced and they didn't get it, it's completely understandable why they're so weary about it.

Absolutely, I was one of them. I played the game on release, and it was amazing haha.

I apologize for that, I am not a huge forum poster and I accidentally deleted the user name in the quotes and didn't bother to check what his user name was. Sorry about that.
starscream178

Postby chris1986 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:13 am

The only glimmer of hope is that people these days are still talking about Shenmue, and this is because Yu Suzuki does want to continue the series, there been no actual announcement from Sega telling fans the series has been discontinued, so we can still hope for Shenmue 3. The fan base is definitely bigger than back in 2001, and all the fuss and commotion over Shenmue may intrigue new fans to check it out.

Sega must be too weary of the risk, since Shenmue didn't do well in the sales department, neither did the DC, and this is why.

I would love the series to be remade from chapter one, how awesome would it be to replay the greatest games ever in a revamped world? The new machines are capable of producing beautiful graphics and Shenmue on the next gen will just be a dream come true. just to see the world brought to life, how the characters would look with facial expressions to mach their emotions, and hi resolution textures with a more interactive world. A new shenmue would just be the greatest thing ever, the only thing that would ruin it would be if the characters underwent a major change to their looks and the soundtrack was changed, since that alone is a trademark staple of the series.
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Return to Shenmue III