Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby ShenSun » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:05 am

This morning, my left testicle and lower back were in extreme amounts of pain. After paying a visit to the doctor, they referred me to a hospital, where an ultrasound was performed.

The test revealed that the left testicle was abnormal and that it would have to be removed asap.

I was extremely shocked as I have always been in good health.

It's 5.30AM at the moment, my operation should be at 7.30AM

Dunno how I should be feeling to be honest. I guess i'm still in shock.

A very upsetting way to start the year. :(

UPDATE: I'm currently clear and in remission. (75% chance of being cured) (25% chance of a relapse) Let's hope i dont relapse and never face this problem again.

For anyone that would like to know some detailed information about this disease, check out this post here

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1070841#p1070841
Last edited by ShenSun on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: December 2011
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby Rakim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:20 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the operation goes smoothly and you beat the cancer. Who else is gonna deliver our visual novel fix! Get well soon!

Rakim has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
Rakim
なんまいだー
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: July 2004
Location: new york
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: music

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby Axm » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 am

Christ man im sorry. Hope it gets taken care of.

Axm has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby YUmakemygame » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:31 am

I know we aren't much acquainted, but I am terribly sorry to hear this. I pray that you have a speedy recovery and the loving support of your friends and family. You have our well wishes here.

YUmakemygame has received a thanks from: ShenSun
YUmakemygame
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: New York City
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby Yama » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:01 am

So sorry to hear that, though I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can and you can rid of it. Definitely here if you need an ear.
Image

Yama has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner
 
Joined: December 2003
Location: Los Angeles
PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:06 am

Damn, that's rough. At least you're getting it seen to quickly though. The sooner the better. Good luck today.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: January 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:12 am

Damn I am extremely sorry to hear that man. I hope everything goes well with your procedure.
Main System: Activating Combat Mode.

Raithos has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: July 2013
Location: Jehuty
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby Bambi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:49 am

I'm really sorry to hear that, cancer is a very frightening prospect for anyone and while I'm certain having one of your testicles removed is difficult to deal with I believe the procedure makes it the most survivable form of cancer. I wish you the speediest of recoveries. Be sure and keep us updated.

Bambi has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Scotland
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Woah. I'm really sorry to hear this. It's really good you're doing something about it quickly and I hope all goes well.
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: ShenSun
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby wude » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:52 pm

sorry to hear that, my best wishes for you man
Image

wude has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: February 2008
Location: Ryuuseigai
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Bollocks. Pun intended. Chin up mate, I know a number of people who've come through cancer and got the all clear. Treatment's come on leaps n bounds in the last decade, so it's by no means a death sentence it once was. Most claim the experience gives them a fresh, new perspective and a new lease of life. Surround yourself with family n friends, and give it your all.

You're not in this alone. I'll cut back on porn to show my support!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby mrslig100 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Jesus that must have been horrible!
Hopefully this operation should be the last you hear of cancer.
Lucky really, you still have yer other one eh! :P
Double postin the shit outta this place since 2012
Image

mrslig100 has received a thanks from: Axm
User avatar
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Land of teh lulz
Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom


Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby beedle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 pm

you are going to be all right
Image

beedle has received a thanks from: ShenSun
User avatar
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: confirmed, sending in supplies

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

Postby mue 26 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:29 pm

I've prayed that your operation was/is successful. Hopefully you'll be good shape again soon.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, ShenSun
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Next

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net