Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One Mag

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One Mag

Postby Giorgio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:30 pm

X-ONE Magazine held a poll to vote for your top 3 games that Xbox One needs.

ONE OF THE OPTIONS IS *** SHENMUE 3 *** !!!

Therefore... we shall Tornado Kick this poll, as Crazy Shenmue fans we are!!!

!!! LET'S GO ===>>> http://poll.fm/4mzf8 !!!

‪#‎SaveShenmue‬

P.S.: Even though Phil Spencer tweeted that he's not interested, we shall rock this poll anyway! (Read why in the 2nd "spoiler")
Do you remember the PSM_OK poll? Then the votes were with comments. NOW, the votes are with checkboxes. THEREFORE, they will not be able to deny any of our votes.

You know what I mean? The votes are obvious and counted by a system and not by a imperfect human being. :P

SO, if we TOP this poll, then it will DEFINITELY appear in their Magazine, *especially* when *themselves* add the "Shenmue 3 option", THEREFORE our "SHENMUE 3" votes are more welcomed than ever!

Just do it! :D
I have to mention something for everyone who hesitate:

Our intentions is not where we want Shenmue 3 to end up, but we want to top this poll so as SHENMUE 3 will get more *recognition* and the fanbase alike, something that will advertise the power of our demand.

If Shenmue 3 TOP this poll, then it will *definitelly* appear on their Magazine. (Terry's Invitation to Hell, it's 5 secs job to vote anyway...)

Giorgio has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Let's Get Sweaty, mue 26
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One M

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Ugh... is this what we've been reduced to?

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: mrslig100, Who Really Cares?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Mittenz, you're the worst kind of fan. Of anything.

Just voted. Whether it makes a difference to anything or not, it's surprisingly done me no harm.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Giorgio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:10 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Ugh... is this what we've been reduced to?

What do you mean? Is there something else we can do? If by winning that poll Shenmue 3's votes appear in the magazine, then it is one more bean in the sack of Shenmue's fanbase spread of awareness. It may not something big, but it is something, it is cumulative.

The more frequently the fanbase's power appears to anything that has a wide public view, the more will be in the spot. It may not prove at the end a force for a contract with a console manufacturer, but it is a try [a try with a procedure of 2 clicks (out of hunderds we do everyday...), of ten secs out of 86400 day's secs, and with below zero calories fat burning...]

"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."- Michael Jordan

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm

I will support Shenmue in every way I can and so I voted of course. Gave my vote to Shenmue III and only just that, not to push any of the other games.

It's been said that Microsoft is not really interested in Shenmue III but it's their fault if they include it in a poll like that. We are gonna rock this!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Good shout Giorgio.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Kinda stepping on other people's communities though, isn't it? And I'm a Manchester City supporter. I stayed until the end of our 8-1 hammering at home from Boro, and stuck by us when we slipped down to Division 2, so your "worst fan of anything" comment is invalid.

There's no harm in what you're doing, but the Shenmue community used to be creative. Now all it seems to be is "tweet here", "vote there". Trust me, if this goes on, the Shenmue name may spread, but you'll be souring the community's reputation.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Giorgio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:59 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: There's no harm in what you're doing, but the Shenmue community used to be creative. Now all it seems to be is "tweet here", "vote there". Trust me, if this goes on, the Shenmue name may spread, but you'll be souring the community's reputation.

Can you suggest another way to spread awareness more effectively and in the same time to be more creative? Also, how a "vote here" procedure can be (more) creative? Creativeness can be beneficial to some situations/chances. In the particular chance all you have to do is to click/select-vote. Everything can be proved as a tool for a specific objective, according to the each current setting. If the click/vote procedure can be used as a tool to gain awareness, then it is beneficial.

MiTT3NZ wrote: Now all it seems to be is "tweet here", "vote there". Trust me, if this goes on, the Shenmue name may spread, but you'll be souring the community's reputation.

You didn't convinced me by that. Any examples of similar situations with games/fanbases? Furthermore, can you prove/explain how calling people to action is a mean of decreasing a community's reputation?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Like you give a flying fuck about the community's reputation, Mittsy. The fact that you're in it puts us behind the 8 ball from the start. Man City probably feel the same.

And tell us what kind of creativity you'd like to see? Maybe the kind that gets us on Kotaku and noticed by Yoshida? If only, eh?

But "vote here" sure seemed to work in getting Ryo back in All-Stars Racing. And "tweet this" certainly didn't hurt in putting Shenmue at or near the top of Sony's list.

So shut it, you miserable tart.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Oh lordy lulz, you're quite the sensitive types, aren't ya's? Of course I don't give a fuck about the community. I mean, what have I ever done to contribute to the Dojo or anything Shenmue-related? And I certainly haven't suggested anything like this in the past on your beloved Facebook page.

As for the cherry-picked poll examples, they're completely different. Most polls out there are "let's see who wins" and nothing more. This is one of those polls.

Oh, and here's an extra lol for your comment about the Blues:

lol
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Most polls out there are "let's see who wins" and nothing more. This is one of those polls.

And your big objection to that is what, exactly? "Don't vote in polls that won't magically make Shenmue 3 appear in our laps"?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Some things are best to just let go. The community's gonna get a reputation for bombarding any and all polls. If it's saved for ones with actual significance then it'll mean more. It'll make an actual statement. Otherwise, peeps'll eventually clock on and realise that Shenmue will insta-win pretty much everything, leading to eye rolls, sighs, and fanboy rage.

Remember back in the day when kids magazines had a section where you could send in drawings of your favourite character that appeared in said magazine? How amazing would it be to see yours being published? Now imagine someone got their dad to draw it for them, or they traced it, and yours didn't appear because that one was picked over it. Fair enough if there's a prize involved, good on them for being smart and devious enough to do it. Otherwise though, what's the point?

It's like these developers and publishers that've got plenty of money in their pocket to fund their own projects, but take to Kickstarter anyway. They're free to do it, and it's not against the rules, but it's kinda goin against the whole idea of it's existence. This poll is for the X-One community. Their readers. Do you buy it? Are you a part of their community? Or are you just gate-crashing it because you wanna spread the word of Shenmue?

I've said in the past, instead of pissing off other communities, efforts should be made to help them instead. A gang of thieves terrorising villages makes them no friends, but a group of heroes protecting the villages or helping them out may gain one or two new recruits.

The aim should be to expand the community. Growth. If the name "Shenmue" appears everywhere, leaving negative opinions in it's wake, then how exactly is that helping? Just think about it for a second. Aggressive tactics aren't always the way to go.

But hey, this is your "baby", so why pay attention to any constructive criticism? It's not like it could lead to any form of improvement...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:But hey, this is your "baby", so why pay attention to any constructive criticism? It's not like it could lead to any form of improvement...

It was indeed constructive criticism, and then here you have to go and be a cunt about it as usual.

If you simply communicated with people in a civil manner you might get your points across a lot easier, instead of trying to deride and antagonise at every turn. If you don't want the community to be seen as a bunch of pricks, start by taking your own advice.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:41 pm

I prefer to have discussions in an informal, casual manner in which all parties feel comfortable enough to speak freely, but if you insist on the professional, robotic approach, then so be it. Btw, I'd much rather people see me as a prick then go round suckin on em.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:52 pm

There's a difference between informal and being a twat, but I don't know why I'm bothering to explain that to you. You've acted the cunt from the day I registered here, and that's obviously never going to change. If I'd listened to you two years ago, there'd have never been a Team Yu campaign, and I can only assume that's how you'd still prefer it, because you're not sucking my dick and that's the only way to measure a lack of hostility.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III