Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One Mag

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One M

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 am

Rakim wrote: Part of me wants Shenmue 3 to never come out just so Let's Get Sweaty can't take credit for the whole thing

So all my talk about teamwork has simply washed right over you, has it? I've never tried to take personal credit for a damn thing, so fuck you pal. If that's how your own mind works then that's your problem - don't try and project it onto me when I have gone out of my way for the last two years to be inclusive and NOT be that guy.

If it's actually the majority view that my efforts are somehow disruptive to the Dojo's raison d'etre, then I won't take much convincing at this point to stop bothering with this place, so now's your chance, boys.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Shenmuedabest
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:21 am

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Shenmue Stare » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:57 am

Dave has a point, but the lesser of two evils here is to vote. Shenmue fans already have a bad rep, so we might as well go the distance here and make it count for something. So just stop whining and get to it already.
Shenmue Stare
Shenmue 500K Staff
Shenmue 500K Staff

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: With myself

Postby dirge » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:58 am

Voted and keep up the good work, don't listen to someone who is always so negative.
dirge
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: builder dirge
Currently playing: Fable Anniversary

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 am

I don't think Shenmue winning polls will make people hate Shenmue fans simply because I don't think many gamers care about the polls. Why? Cause they just about never lead to anything except a little teasing from some executive now and then that once again leads to nothing.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Your right!
I certainly know ive nothing to loose!
Don't know bout you guys!
COME ONE SHENMUE!!!
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Jibby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 pm

I'll vote, however I still feel it's unlikely to come out on an Xbox console (no hate on the brand, just with those tweets and Xbox's state in Japan), but hey, may as well try! You never know!

Also, there seems to be a lot of hostility on the thread. I personally agree with Let's Get Sweaty, but there's still not really a need to start a flame war about the matter. If you don't want to vote, then don't. I hardly think it sours the community, just shows how strong and passionate for the game it can be, even this many years later. And regarding the comments on the comic book drawing analogy, I don't think just because a community teams up to vote for a game doesn't mean that the want is any lesser than that of another game, it's just more organised and central.

I'm just legitimately trying to be civil here, so please don't get pissy at me because you don't agree with my opinion.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 pm

I voted (also voted for Crackdown 3 & Mass Effect 4, even though I think those are coming, anyway, but I love those series). But I do agree that voting for every single poll isn't going to bring about the amazing results, but it doesn't really hurt either way. In Mitts defence, I think voting for Shenmue in completely unrelated events, such as the "best classical music", is a bit pointless, since not only is the competition much tougher there, what with it not being in a specific niche/group; it's too broad for a particular piece of music from Shenmue to win it. We're better off sticking to the polls/votes that are tied directly to Shenmue's niche/group which is, of course, video games.

I can't help but feel WRC's comments, cynical as they are, are sort of ringing true; executives pretend that we may have a chance with reviving this series and then just go on a complete radio silence regarding it, hoping it will all be forgotten. Even Suzuki is guilty of this himself...

But at least it's easy to vote, so I did it, takes no time at all to do. The best thing for us would be for Phil Spencer to reconsider his stance. It's not likely, but it's worth a shot if the guy is green lighting cult favourites like Killer Instinct, Phantom Dust, Crackdown, SWERY adventure games and Panzer Dragoon sequels. In fact, to be honest; they're doing a far better job of that than, say, Sony are.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Armbreakfire » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 am

I voted. Couldn't pass up the chance to vote on my favorite game. I agree with Who Really Cares that gaming communities are not going to get that pissed off at Shenmue fans because we are trying to get our sequel made. Maybe a few individuals, but really, who cares? They'll get over it. If anything it shows our dedication to the game being made and if other fan bases had greater dedication, they'd be ahead in the polls.

The hostility in this thread is a bit ridiculous. Regardless of whether the game ever gets made or not, I still enjoy the fan collaboration and having a voice. My dreams won't be shattered if the game isn't made, but life would be slightly more awesome if it was.
Armbreakfire
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: FF7, Sonic Transformed

Postby mue 26 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:53 am

I think voting for Shenmue in completely unrelated events, such as the "best classical music", is a bit pointless

Nah man, you have it totally wrong, that is the most purposeful poll to actually vote in. As that really would count for something and be unquestionably significant. The best thing that could possibly happen for our cause is to have Shenmue considered culturally significant in one or many ways, and winning that poll is exactly the way to go about achieving that. This is something that would get noticed. You can say that the "competition is too stiff, so why bother?" but that's just loser talk right there. We know other games series like Elder Scrolls have won the poll in previous years and achieved a place in the Classic FM Hall of Fame thanks to fan efforts, so why the fuck not Shenmue? Shenmue has always been equally lauded for it's music as much as it's gameplay. And even if we don't win, so what, it's still more than worth our best shot. Some people here are so apathetic and dead eyed it's a joke.

So to not try for this one would be a damn shame.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:56 pm

It is pretty fortunate that the biggest part of the fanbase/community of Shenmue has moved beyond this place and/or reside in other more enthusiastic, energetic, positive and dedicated places.

Pretty fortunate that social media web services (Facebook, Twitter, et cetera) emerged, established and widely used, and through them, the fanbase can talk about Shenmue with as much greater exposure as it can get.

If the vast majority of the community would have stayed here (or that was the only place it could have stayed), then the possibilities of finally seeing Shenmue HD/3 come out in the light, would have been tremendously low than it is now.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Personally I just reckon that anything said about Shenmue that isn't overly-enthusiastic is deemed as negative by the "dedicated" crowd. Actually reminds me of the cult-like environment I once found myself in at a door-to-door sales job.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Wow, you guys are really on top of things when it comes to Shenmue. How do you find out about every single fan poll/contest?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Giorgio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:52 pm

A tweet from the "X-ONE Magazine":
The Shenmue community mobilised fast. Good work. Massive lead over Fallout, Elder Scrolls, HL3 and the rest http://poll.fm/4mzf8

Source

Giorgio has received a thanks from: mue 26
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby BlueMue » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Guess they already expected that to happen. :lol:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist