Atelier Escha & Logy (Great Game!!)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Atelier Escha & Logy (Great Game!!)

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:56 am

If you guys haven't heard, the US release is March 11, 2014. This is if you are fans of Tecmo Koei games, and fans of the Atelier series which I am a die hard fan of both. My friend in Yokohama showed me it today and i'm just wowed by the gameplay and animations! (Bold Cell Shaded 2D-3D Spectacular Art Character designs) The music is very nice too, a great RPG for the PS3! I hope to pick it up sometime this week, once I get some more yen,but you guys should go pre-order if you haven't yet.

http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/escha-logy/

*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Re: Atelier Escha & Logy (Great Game!!)

Postby OL » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 am

Never played any Atelier games (mostly because they usually look a little too sugary sweet for my tastes), but this one caught my eye a couple times while browsing on Amazon, if only for the fact that the main character looks cool. I'm vaguely interested.
If nothing else, I like the intro.

phpBB [video]

OL has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:50 pm

^ Haha I understand, most people who are big on anime's love these style of games (Atelier series in general) but yes the main character Logix (Logy) is a badass character design. I think you would really appreciate this game once you get to play it OL. I know its a bit too sugary sweet for your taste as you say, but I think you'll enjoy it very much, the storyline is great and the music is amazing as well as the artwork which I know you appreciate great art designs. I would love to see you do a review on it if you decide to get it.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: OL
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Looking at the official site made me a little more interested too, since it explains how there are two characters to choose from, one for old Atelier fans (so I guess it has more to do with alchemy and cutesy stuff) and one for traditional JRPG fans (a bigger-scale storyline and a slightly more serious tone).
Sounds good. Not sure when, but I think I'm sold on trying it, at least. Sounds interesting.

OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm

dont distract OL from the greatness that is Tales of Xillia, hes finally playing it! Now if we can just get him to go through Xenoblade (which I believe he bought but hasnt played) he will be in good shape for the next generation of JRPGs, and of course Xillia 2 and X.

As for this game, I never seemed that interested in Atelier series, I have heard they arent very story strong and I know next to nothing about their battles system but I think its turn based?

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: dont distract OL from the greatness that is Tales of Xillia, hes finally playing it! Now if we can just get him to go through Xenoblade (which I believe he bought but hasnt played)

That is a crime sir! How could you own it but not have played it OL! lol But yeah I was glad to see ya playing Xillia as well.

A coworker gifted me The Alchemist of Arland back when we worked at Gamestop together. I honestly tried my hardest to play through it since she spent money on it, but it just wasn't for me. I put about 20 hours or so into it and just couldn't do it. Then I borrowed Meruru (I think) from her and felt the same way about it. This one does look a little more interesting but there's too many releases the next few months. It's great to see they are still releasing these over here for fans of the series tho, since I doubt they do that well.

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 pm

OL wrote: Looking at the official site made me a little more interested too, since it explains how there are two characters to choose from, one for old Atelier fans (so I guess it has more to do with alchemy and cutesy stuff) and one for traditional JRPG fans (a bigger-scale storyline and a slightly more serious tone).
Sounds good. Not sure when, but I think I'm sold on trying it, at least. Sounds interesting.

Exactly, yeah the alchemy and cutesy stuff can be overboard, but this one is on is very unique (Atelier Escha & Logy) the previous games in the series did go kinda overboard but this one seems to be just a smidgen different and more customizations and better battle system. This is a traditional JRPG styled not anime styled which is a plus Tecmo Koei did aim for this. Also, your choice of two different characters so it will make it interesting.

Oh and @AG of course Tales of Xilla is great ;-) we already know this, i'm just introducing a new JRPG for people to try bud.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Raithos wrote:That is a crime sir! How could you own it but not have played it OL!

I became overexposed to it because of a certain far-too-enthusiastic/obnoxious-as-hell member on here, so it killed any interest I had in playing it around the release date. Popped it in a week or two ago to finally try it, and found that I was still a little bit burnt out from seeing and hearing so much stuff about it. So it may still be a while before I get to it.

I've always been a total nut for the Tales series though (I've finished Destiny, Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia, and have played at least halfway through Phantasia and Legendia so far; next to Megami Tensei, it's probably my favorite JRPG series), so it was only a matter of time before I got around to playing Xillia. Leading up to its release, it was my most-anticipated game for a long damn time; I just had to wait for a JRPG mood to hit me again.
May follow this up with Tales of Graces F. Either that or Ni No Kuni. Or Resonance of Fate.
Come to think of it, there are a lot of games I haven't gotten to.

OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:56 pm

OL wrote:I became overexposed to it because of a certain far-too-enthusiastic/obnoxious-as-hell member on here...

May follow this up with Tales of Graces F. Either that or Ni No Kuni. Or Resonance of Fate.

Ahh, speak no more. I fully understand lol I've been turned off from entire series because of people in the past. Part of the reason I've played Digital Devil Saga 1+2 and Devil Summoner 1+2, but ignored the Persona games for so long.

You know I'm a huge Tales fan, but I recommend you play Ni No Kuni or RoF next (or something else). Graces F is a good game, but there's a 50/50 chance it will ruin you're JRPG mood. It's one of those games you either love or hate.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to General Gaming