Shin Gundam Musou (PS3) Announced For English Release

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Shin Gundam Musou (PS3) Announced For English Release

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd announced today the upcoming release of DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM Reborn, developed by TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD., for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Experience the thrill of piloting Mobile Suits through famous scenes spanning multiple Gundam anime series in an action-packed thrill ride.

Set at an era called “Universal Century”, giant mecha known as Mobile Suits are used to wage war across land, sea, air and space. Featuring Mobile Suits and their pilots from over 30 years of Gundam anime and manga, DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM Reborn lets players engage in a melee across the Gundam series with the largest roster of Mobile Suits seen in the series so far. Relive the exciting battles and animation sequences with the largest number of missions ever spanning the entire Gundam series including Mobile Suit Gundam SEED in Official Mode. Fans can also select Mobile Suit pilots to operate any unlocked Mobile Suit in the game for crossover missions in Ultimate Mode.

DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM Reborn allows the control of massive Mobile Armor units for the first time in the series. Mobile Armor units tower over the opposition and deliver absolute destruction to the enemy with the Mobile Armor’s unique weapons. Visual enhancements allow Mobile Suits and stages to reflect a war-torn world, as players battle through hoards of enemies across each scenario. Upon completing missions they will be able to upgrade their Mobile Suit and weapon systems. Weapon upgrades will be reflected graphically with increased range and power making it easy for players to see their Mobile Suit’s progress.

Players will also be able to select their favourite Mobile Suit and band together for intense split-screen gameplay or online co-op multiplayer action for up to two players.

DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM Reborn for the PlayStation 3 system will be available summer 2014 throughout Europe.

For more Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn news and a first look at the new playable characters please visit http://www.facebook.com/koeigames or follow us on Twitter @tecmokoeieurope

PSN only in US
Retail & PSN in Europe.

Gameplay:
phpBB [video]

http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/news/76 ... R-THE-PS3/

I love classic Gundam and haven't played a mecha game in a long time, so I'll be getting this. Game looks like a lot of fun.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Shin Gundam Musou (PS3) Announced For English Release

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will have to import this one for a physical copy tho. But either way I'm stoked! UC Gundam all the way!

edit: weird how they say its set in UC era/timeline, but yet you have missions from SEED.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm

I was always interested in the Gundam Musou games, but was always a bit turned off by that fact that it follows a big mash-up story, rather than actually adapting stories from the series.
But this one uses adaptations, so I'm sold. That video turned me right the hell on. I'm so nostalgic for the Endless Waltz setting/story/music/characters... that's an instant import for me.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm

^ There are a couple Gundam games that have their own custom story and characters, and dont even use anything from one of the current shows. Also there are a couple that are RPGs and came out in the west on PS2. Always wanted to try this game but never got around to buying it.

phpBB [video]

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:52 am

OL wrote: I was always interested in the Gundam Musou games, but was always a bit turned off by that fact that it follows a big mash-up story, rather than actually adapting stories from the series.
But this one uses adaptations, so I'm sold. That video turned me right the hell on. I'm so nostalgic for the Endless Waltz setting/story/music/characters... that's an instant import for me.

Every Anime related musou game has "Official mode" the way Hokuto no Ken does, sadly they've never included stuff like Leos or Aries which kinda stops them from having Official modes for the Wing characters. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 but there was a really good official mission based on Char's Counterattack where you needed to recreate most of the scenes from it. I really wish they would add some mass produced Wing suits, almost all of the meteor gundams are in the game nw so they might as well add them instead of fucking trashy ass Seed.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:^ There are a couple Gundam games that have their own custom story and characters, and dont even use anything from one of the current shows. Also there are a couple that are RPGs and came out in the west on PS2. Always wanted to try this game but never got around to buying it.

Eblem of gundam was really good and was like this nobunaga's ambition mashup with fire emblem (which kinda goes back to Ghiren's ambition on Saturn which was another cool game, but that was all about the actual gundam storyline from the original)

phpBB [video]

I heard the age game was somewhat like MS Story (which I liked alot) been dying to try it since it got announced

phpBB [video]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby south carmain » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:32 am

Edit for ignorance