Shenmue: TGE RPG Fan Game

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue: TGE RPG Fan Game

Postby Ocky27 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi everyone, I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that I've released a new demo of the Shenmue fan game I started like 10 years ago and only lately got inspired to work on again. Based on our movie, Shenmue: The Gang Edition RPG is built in RPG Maker 2003 and lets you guide Ryo on his bloodthirsty quest for vengeance. The old demo ended once you left Sakuragaoka, but I've added Dobuita now and advanced the story for like 10 more minutes of gameplay, lol. If you want to get nostalgic and explore the world of the first Shenmue as if it was designed by a 5th grader, then head over to http://www.gangentertainment.org/stuff.html and give it a try!

Ocky27 has received 3 thanks from: DreamcastPast, RIKENZ, ShenSun
Ocky27
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: Ock McGee
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue: TGE RPG Fan Game

Postby ShenSun » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Thanks. Im gonna give this a try right now. :)

LOL at some of the dialog. It had me laughing like hell. Especially the dropkick ha.

Im glad that im not the only one who always thought yamagashi-san calls Ryo, "DYO"

Awesome work man.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue: TGE RPG Fan Game

Postby BlueMue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Just tried the demo and it was really fun. The dropkick always made me crack up and it's great to be able to do that in this game. :lol:
It reminded me a lot of ShenSonic that I've played years ago. But this one is much better with the fights and skills. And of course the revised TGE script. I'd really like to continue with this game, thinking of all the wonders that are yet to come.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Community Projects