Ren, killed by Ryo's hands?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Ren, killed by Ryo's hands?

Postby Mestre Ziming » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Its an interenting theory, makes some sense.
We can also see Shenhua (with Landi and NiaoSun?) around Shaolin temple, althouh we already knew that something like that would happen by the project berkley trailer...

Btw, I want to correct you, I think what you are seeing its Guilin 桂林, theres no Macau in the map...
actually its too bad, would be an very interesting place to visit because of its history, i guess :p

The Guangzhou place Im almost sure its Kowloon, make sense but dont know, Its impossible to read the characters because they are covered by pictures...
Mestre Ziming
Master of the Three Blades

Postby wude » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Holy F**, Mestre ziming and landc in one topic =D>
where is daemos???

wude has received 2 thanks from: Birty, MiTT3NZ
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby starscream178 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 am

Great Post Lan, this is an excellent theory, I believe you are on the money. I only hope that if it is indeed Ren that Ryo is carrying then let's hope (unlikely) that he is still alive.

The only flaw I see in him actually living through this is that he would want his bandana back, and so if it is Ren being held, he's dead.
starscream178

Postby guilhermecl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

Awesome theory. Maybe this " Qing dinasty possession" thing, or even Ren's greed, are similiar reason why Iwao killed Sunming Zhao

guilhermecl has received a thanks from: Flatlandaniel
guilhermecl
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Birty » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:18 pm

I miss my old Dojo pals. Lan has probably already gone into the sunset again before I get chance to say hi to him! Great to see both you and Ziming!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby starscream178 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:19 am

can we also get a link going to Ren on the Horse? I am fairly certain I have seen it but I can't find it at the moment.
starscream178

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:16 am

Ok, for some reason I've had the name Meng Cun stuck in my head since yesterday. I knew it had to be from Shenmue so I looked it up. Could that be one of those places on the map that Ryo will eventually go?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby nskachu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:23 am

İt seems plausible. If I remember correctly, the fortuneteller tells Ryo that one of his friends will betray him and I doubt she means Wong.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby LanDC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 am

Mestre Ziming wrote: Its an interenting theory, makes some sense.
We can also see Shenhua (with Landi and NiaoSun?) around Shaolin temple, althouh we already knew that something like that would happen by the project berkley trailer...

Yep, the Shaolin Temple in Luoyang. That's definitely taking place in Luoyang in Project Berkley.

Mestre Ziming wrote: Btw, I want to correct you, I think what you are seeing its Guilin 桂林, theres no Macau in the map... actually its too bad, would be an very interesting place to visit because of its history, i guess :p

The Guangzhou place Im almost sure its Kowloon, make sense but dont know, Its impossible to read the characters because they are covered by pictures...

I know where Guilin is. But you're right, there is no Macau on here. That's gotta be Guangzhou. The second concept in the sequence surely includes Hong Kong and Kowloon together. On the map, that third image with the train is exactly where Guangzhou is located. Maybe that's where the Miao Guang Temple will be? :D I've done some translations to the map and tried to find out where some of these other areas are. There's definitely no Korea on here though, so I don't know what to think about that. Busan and Seoul in Korea were Shenmue Online locations, confirmed. Macau also. And since Shenmue Online was borrowing locations from the actual game, what does this mean? Very interesting!

http://s21.postimg.org/lahl363gn/translated.jpg

starscream178 wrote: can we also get a link going to Ren on the Horse? I am fairly certain I have seen it but I can't find it at the moment.

By the way, I appreciate everyone's warm welcome. I intend on sticking around this time.

LanDC has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Flatlandaniel
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby starscream178 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:15 am

Thanks so much for your contributions.
starscream178

Postby Fenix » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:47 pm

LanDC (and Wude) inspired me to start modding hehe.

Apparently, the guy in Akira's arms is the same in the 9th game/chapter. And well, It seems to be Ren.

In my opinion, he died but not killed by Akira/Ryo. I bet the eyes we see in the picture are from Tentei and it's him who killed Ren. But your theory could be correct. This would give meaning to the prediction I got in Shenmue II "a friend will become an enemy".

And well. Look at the picture of episode 10. This place reminds me the forbidden city.

Let's talk about the map. I see arrows placing the chapters. Some of them seems to be in Xian and Hebei. In my opinion, Hebei has to be very important in future episodes of the saga. The Bajiquan was born in Hebei.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby LanDC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Fenix wrote:And well. Look at the picture of episode 10. This place reminds me the forbidden city.

Let's talk about the map. I see arrows placing the chapters. Some of them seems to be in Xian and Hebei. In my opinion, Hebei has to be very important in future episodes of the saga. The Bajiquan was born in Hebei.

You know what? You might be right. I tried my make out the characters for the chapter 10 image but just couldn't. But I think it's Hebei too. It does look very much like the Forbidden City in the artwork also.

LanDC has received a thanks from: Fenix
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Really need to look at my old research and see if any of that checks out. I can't relemer all the places I theorised that Ryk would visit but is the Great Wall of China anywhere on the map? Remember thinking Ryo would visit it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Flatlandaniel » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm

guilhermecl wrote: Awesome theory. Maybe this " Qing dinasty possession" thing, or even Ren's greed, are similiar reason why Iwao killed Sunming Zhao

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Flatlandaniel
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Great theories here. =D>
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

PreviousNext