My Shenmue wrap up @GDC14

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

My Shenmue wrap up @GDC14

Postby alimn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:23 am

Greetings Shenmue Friends,

Here's my wrap up from attending GDC 2014 and following Shenmue closely.

http://www.novinworks.blogspot.com

Thanks you for everything.

alimn has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, ShenSun
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: My Shenmue wrap up @GDC14

Postby ShenSun » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks for that alimn, and thanks for all your hard work.

I think the #saveshenmue needs to be directed aggressively towards Sony (shu, and gio corsi). Sony have said straight up, the games that are requested the most on #buildingthelist are the ones they will focus on. While Shenmue is up there, it has a ton of potential to destroy that list completely, and dominate it, much like the recent facebook poll for the playstation magazine.

When I view the #saveshenmue page, hardly any tweets are directed at shu and giocori. Hardly, any of them include #buildingthelist. Messages usually mention something about Shenmue, followed by the save shenmue hashtag. At the very most, it will include SEGA's twitter name.

Microsoft have stated they have no interest in the ip. Nintendo have no interest in their own ips, let alone Shenmue. I think the campaign needs to go after Sony. Every tweet needs to include @yosp and @giocorsi, along with the #saveshenmue, #buildingthelist. This may reduce the message length, but it will put Shenmue on Sony's radar to a much greater extent. #buildingthelist has shenmue requests on there, but not enough. Considering how active #saveshenmue is, if all of those tweets are directed to #buildingthelist then sony will have no choice but to act. (one would hope anyway)

This is all my opinion however. What do you guys think?
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: My Shenmue wrap up @GDC14

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Also, back at the main session, I was easily able to notice the tears of nostalgic in Yu Suzuki's eyes while he was delivering his talk at the postmortem

Wow. That's awesome!

NDA reasons I couldn't directly ask about Shenmue

Could someone elaborate on why they can't talk about shenmue if they aren't currently working on shenmue apart from just "we can talk about our inter office conversations concerning games that we may want to make."

I could learn from them that SEGA's current departments such as Dept #1 (Team Ryu Ga Gotoku), AM2 exist and truly capable of handling any AAA (such as Shenmue) and of course...with YS NET's collaboration.

That's great to hear too. I think they could still make a sequel and not spend a billion dollars doing so. The groundbreaking parts of the first two games are basic features in a lot of games now. And if yu already has the story worked out they can focus on gameplay and programming.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue III