Shenmue 2 'Post Mortem'?

(Chapters 3-6)

Shenmue 2 'Post Mortem'?

Postby tomboz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi guys. I was wondering whether anybody had any idea if/when Yu planned on discussing the development of Shenmue 2?

The final slide at GDC said something along the lines of 'Shenmue 2 begins development. To be continued' - and as most of my questions about the development of the series are centered around that period (2000-2002) - I'd be really interested in catching the second half of his lecture.

I very much enjoyed the GDC Post Mortem but was rather disappointed that he opted to cut off at the point he did!
tomboz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue 2 'Post Mortem'?

Postby starscream178 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:28 pm

I think that was just a cheeky nod to Shenmue II, at the moment I don't believe anything is being discussed on a post mortem or SII.
starscream178
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenSun » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Hopefully next year at GDC. Then at the end, we'll get a slide saying Shenmue 3 development ... ( dot dot dot)
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:44 am

Team Yu wrote:At the end of the main presentation, a slide showed 2000 as the date Shenmue II development began, followed by the words, "To be continued..." This led many viewers to assume or speculate that a second postmortem would cover Shenmue II in more detail, but GDC management has denied such plans (http://tinyurl.com/gdcnope). Instead we believe it was just a nod to the way the first game ended, with Ryo's departure from Yokosuka. This attempted symmetry between Shenmue the game and Shenmue the presentation is certainly more likely than the cruel parody of Shenmue II's cliffhanger interpreted by viewers less familiar with Yu's nature. This is a man whose eyes filled with tears reminiscing about the game. He ain't no troll.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... eam_ref=10

Giorgio has received a thanks from: tomboz
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Return to Shenmue II