NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Reclaimer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

I posted once here 4 years ago and have done a lot of lurking since. Just came to post and say that I believe. E3 here we come! I am fully prepared to be either super excited or super disappointed! YEA!
it is ok

Reclaimer has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Marcelinho, SnowyHarbor
User avatar
Reclaimer
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: June 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby ys » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Typical, I'm gone for a week or two and stuff happens again.

ChaiOgawa wrote:
Axm wrote: ChaiOgawa>Shenmue 3


My good man! ChaiOgawa = Shenmue 3.

Gotta get my kickstarter going, and put my one elective class of video game design to good use.

Wow, Chai! So I guess it's true when they say that many members never really leave this forum. Even if it's just having a short visit every half decade.

Himuro wrote: Guys.

It's fucking nothing.

This thread is why the Shenmue fanbase and the games themselves are considered a joke by gamers. Nothing is going to happen.

But the thing is that they are mistaken and are confusing "a joke " with "dedicated" and "worthy of dedication" ;)
Hvergelmir dreki
Með høfuðum ellifu
Frá Utgarði
Ek kalla þik



Image

ys has received 2 thanks from: CodingGenesis, Giorgio
User avatar
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: June 2003
Location: VL/SE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby LeeringShrimp » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Did my daily google "Shenmue III"
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/12 ... ue-3-year/

Corey Marshall posted a couple photos on facebook. That could be a thing right?

That totally is a thing.

Based on my experience with Sega's marketing department and Sonic Team's history, I'd guess the announcement will be Sega unveiling an anthropomorphic Olinguito based on Ryo Hazuki will be featured in an upcoming Sonic Adventure for the Wii U.

*brace for disappointment*
"Have you ever traveled between the planes? Let me tell you...it's out of this world."
-Searos Falconis
User avatar
LeeringShrimp
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Houston
PSN: LeeringShrimp
XBL: LeeringShrimp
Steam: LeeringShrimp
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby jackmonte1987 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm

LeeringShrimp wrote: Did my daily google "Shenmue III"
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/12 ... ue-3-year/

Corey Marshall posted a couple photos on facebook. That could be a thing right?

That totally is a thing.

Based on my experience with Sega's marketing department and Sonic Team's history, I'd guess the announcement will be Sega unveiling an anthropomorphic Olinguito based on Ryo Hazuki will be featured in an upcoming Sonic Adventure for the Wii U.

*brace for disappointment*


What are these pictures though? I can't seem to find anything on his FB past 2013
jackmonte1987
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: January 2014
XBL: thecurse0101
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby SnowyHarbor » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Yeah same question here.. can't seem to find anything and it doesn't help that I'm not his friend haha.
User avatar
SnowyHarbor
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: March 2014
Location: Denver, CO
Steam: オロ_oro
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Nope he didn't. More full of shite articles.
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Maybe this will answer your questions: Ryo Hazuki voice actor confirms he hasn’t worked on Shenmue 3.

Journalists you say, eh?
User avatar
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: February 2009
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby LeeringShrimp » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm

I think the article may have thought his picture with the thumbs up by the sega logo was new? Fooled me, I didn't check the dates.
"Have you ever traveled between the planes? Let me tell you...it's out of this world."
-Searos Falconis
User avatar
LeeringShrimp
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Houston
PSN: LeeringShrimp
XBL: LeeringShrimp
Steam: LeeringShrimp
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby CodingGenesis » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Always do your homework. ;-)

Over the years I have learned to take any news regarding a Shenmue release / Shenmue confirmation / you name it with a huge portion of skepticism. If Shenmue will be released, Sega will tell us when the time comes. What can we do? Wait until that day, not jump to conclusions and not get too hyped about anything which is not as certain as life and death itself.
「天地の隔たりを見極められぬとは哀れなり。」狂オシキ鬼
「我は拳を極めし者。うぬらの無力さその体で知れい。」真・豪鬼
「我が名は豪鬼。うぬが真なる一撃見せてみよ。」豪鬼
「死合うに見合う拳か。うぬが修羅見せてみよ。」真・豪鬼

CodingGenesis has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
User avatar
CodingGenesis
Rockman X
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Vienna
PSN: CodingGenesis
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Changes on a daily basis.

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Image
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/27 ... ce_banner/


A forklift outside of the E3 entrance. A pro-E3 photo.

Shenmue 3 confirmed, PS4. Food for hype. \o/

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, SnowyHarbor
User avatar
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: February 2009
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:08 pm

As much as I'd like to think Sony put that there to tease a Shenmue announcement, the reality is that forklifts are used to move stuff around for conventions. But we can hope!
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: As much as I'd like to think Sony put that there to tease a Shenmue announcement, the reality is that forklifts are used to move stuff around for conventions. But we can hope!

I can imagine. Sony is announcing Shenmue 3, while Yu Suzuki's coming at the scene with a forklift, celebrating and doing the rounds around the E3 stage. Then he holds both the Mirrors, raise them up (hands up) while smiling, all the building is flashing so fast with all those lights everywhere, while Shenmue's theme playing on the background 120dB and a manly strong voice says "The Legend of Shenmue continues, now only on PlayStation!".

Suddenly everything stops. Yu Suzuki looks around. The crowd is screaming and yahooing with no end, and then, Yu Suzuki nods his head and says "I see...." while winking the eye and smiling naughty. Mark Cerny then hugs Yu and lift him up on the air (he's too thin after all) and crowd starts screaming again. Then Mark, in the midst of the pandemonium, says: "Sony is always says Make. Believe. and this is what we are here to deliver. Legends come true and greatness awaits... 4 the players!"

All are leaving the stage, smiling and bowing in front of the crowd, while the camera takes away the focus from them and zoom to the gigantic LCD panels, which shows a frenzy fast tempo trailer for Shenmue 3. Finally, an hologram of Ryo Hazuki, recreates all the scenes from the first Shenmue games, like drinking a Jet Cola and collecting capsule toys, while the whole stage is fading black.

...

I will dream nice tonight. :3

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, LeeringShrimp
User avatar
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: February 2009
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:48 pm

That is such a tease but it really made me smile. :D

BlueMue has received a thanks from: LeeringShrimp
User avatar
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: August 2008
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Giorgio wrote:I can imagine. Sony is announcing Shenmue 3, while Yu Suzuki's coming at the scene with a forklift, celebrating and doing the rounds around the E3 stage. Then he holds both the Mirrors, raise them up (hands up) while smiling, all the building is flashing so fast with all those lights everywhere, while Shenmue's theme playing on the background 120dB and a manly strong voice says "The Legend of Shenmue continues, now only on PlayStation!".

Suddenly everything stops. Yu Suzuki looks around. The crowd is screaming and yahooing with no end, and then, Yu Suzuki nods his head and says "I see...." while winking the eye and smiling naughty. Mark Cerny then hugs Yu and lift him up on the air (he's too thin after all) and crowd starts screaming again. Then Mark, in the midst of the pandemonium, says: "Sony is always says Make. Believe. and this is what we are here to deliver. Legends come true and greatness awaits... 4 the players!"

All are leaving the stage, smiling and bowing in front of the crowd, while the camera takes away the focus from them and zoom to the gigantic LCD panels, which shows a frenzy fast tempo trailer for Shenmue 3. Finally, an hologram of Ryo Hazuki, recreates all the scenes from the first Shenmue games, like drinking a Jet Cola and collecting capsule toys, while the whole stage is fading black.

...

I will dream nice tonight. :3


Then we all wake up and realize it was just a dream. But if Sony, or whoever, announces it I'll run out and buy that system as soon as I can. I want to buy that system! Apart from a Shenmue sequel I'll be sitting this gen out for quite some time.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby Esppiral » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:49 am

Sega's E3 lineup

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/sega-announc ... 014-lineup

The Dream is over, pack it up folks. :cry:
Image
User avatar
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: May 2012
PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net