Shenmue Art Book

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Art Book

Postby laagi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:38 am

Hello my fellow Shenmue fans :king:

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have the Shenmue Art Book in auction on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/321453155041

Current Bid is ONLY $150 USD... So you're in for a bargain. I will give any member a 10% discount, as well as an additional 10% will be donated to the DOJO \:D/ A win win situation.

Any questions just ask. Have a good one!

laagi has received a thanks from: Mitsuzuki
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Art Book

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Excellent opportunity for someone here!

It will go for a fortune though. Nice curiosity to see what I would get for mine if ever put it to auction
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby laagi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:43 pm

It was a tough choice to be honest... might even part with more from my collection like the Shenmue Timex watch or the 4 giant glossy art posters. Time has come to pass them on to another worthy fan ;-) Hope it will go to a good home.
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Well the Timex went for over a 1000 just recently. I value this more to be honest. Have given more thought to selling stuff than I should since I have huge debts. I dunno
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Outlawstar98 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I would LOVE to bid on that watch tho. 0.0 been looking for one for awhile now.
Outlawstar98
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: outlawstar98
Steam: outlawstar98
Currently playing: EVERYTHING

Postby laagi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:21 am

@Outlawstar98
I'll be listing the watch among the last batch of Shenmue merchandise within the next few weeks. However if you're interested in a deal beforehand just let me know ;-)

@Peter
Yeah, that damn money ](*,)
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Peter wrote: Well the Timex went for over a 1000 just recently. I value this more to be honest. Have given more thought to selling stuff than I should since I have huge debts. I dunno

To me the timex watch is worth 600-700 euros (so yeah that'd be close to 4 digits in dollars). Its rare, but some items are even more rare than the watch actually.

I've missed my chance on 2 watch (700 euros each) and the one from ebay has been bought by a rich guy basically, which do not reflect its true value. Its like having 10 games sold at 10 euros and some random guy buys one at 100 euros, doesn't mean the game is worth 100 euros all of a sudden.

But yeah the watch is definetly rare and is worth a lot ! 8)
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:56 pm

Can someone post up pictures of what is inside that artbook, like every picture. Is there artwork in that book that isn't already on the internet? If so, some good person needs to fucking upload!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:06 pm

I have it but its sealed somewhere so id have to get it out but cant right now.

I am sure someone else can do it tho.

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: mue 26
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Cheers mate. No rush. But it would be great to see what's inside it at some point.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Outlawstar98 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 pm

[quote="laagi"] @Outlawstar98
I'll be listing the watch among the last batch of Shenmue merchandise within the next few weeks. However if you're interested in a deal beforehand just let me know ;-)

[quote]
What I would be able to offer at the moment would be 400$ if it is in new condtion. Would just go next to my dreamcast. haha
Outlawstar98

XBL: outlawstar98
Steam: outlawstar98
Currently playing: EVERYTHING

Postby DEVILLE_David » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Also interested after whoever made an offer. Sent you a PM (no offer tho, just curious what you'd be selling).

I am looking for : Niao Sun's Mug, Note Book, Timex Watch, Pen, Ryo's Card (TGS one), 2 mouse pads (niao sun and ren)

Then i'll be fine !
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby laagi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:23 am

Bummer the artbook sold for $150 USD #-o Anyway, 20 USD have been donated to the dojo. Seems not too many still care for Shenmue nowadays.

laagi has received 2 thanks from: Mitsuzuki, Sonikku
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Sorry it didn't sell for more like you may have hoped, but if nothing else, the community really appreciates your donation and help with keeping the Dojo chugging along for a while longer. :)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Well the thing is, not too many know about Shenmue. Lets say 30 people are collecting stuff (games mostly).

Inside this groupe, you'll have like 20 people trying to get some goods, vhs tape, whats shenmue demo.

Once again, within them, you'll have 10 people trying to get more goodies because they care more : cards, guide book

And the left ones are mostly the most interested people, out of 10, you'll probably find 5 people going as far as buying mugs, mousepad at very high price. Some looking for old items like your artbook from tgs 99 etc.

The thing is, once the rich ones (well rich... i mean people having a lot of money), you wont have many people left intested in buying, or atleast not at high prices.

5 people looking to buy one artbook that comes out from time to time, boom, one will sell for like 300 euros. Once 4 of them have it, the last one will most likely not sell around that price.

Its just like the timex watch. I mean, who, on the shenmuedojo is willing to pay more than 1000 dollars for a watch ? Considering the fact that if you erase "shenmue" from it, it cost 40 $.... nothing more, probably not that many.

So yeah, if we manage to see another two or 3 timex watch on ebay in the next few years, the last one might drop in price (unless the same rich guy plan to buy more than one of each item, then again i wouldn't understand why). I mean, having 10 copies of shenmue if you pay it 10 euros, why not. But paying 5000$ to have 5 watch, that's stupid :mrgreen:

Now about the watch, its up to you. It seems like you have 3-4 people interested here (me included). So you can either sell it to the highest offer (i'd seriously offer a lot but right now i am short, if it was the right moment, i'd say 800$), or you can sell it on ebay, but then again, that's up to you !
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue