RELEASE: Shenmue Beta Disc 3 Exploration Mod V1 OUTDATED

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: RELEASE: Shenmue Beta Disc 3 Exploration Mod V1

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Awesome stuff , walking down wishroad will make it much easier to use with 3D ripper, or at least provide a base for the extracted MT5s (It was a total cluster fudge when I tried, but not totally impossible)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:19 pm

shengoro86 wrote: im going to make a tutorial video on how to use it. Its very simple once you know what each option is.

Pretty much goes like this.
Main menu debug screen is used to load maps.

In game debug screen is brought up by pressing start on controller 4.
Use the controlller 4 to cycle through the menu and change values, like debug flags and in game time.

I'll have a video up by the end of the week.

Thanks you're amazing. Because it's really frustrating, the main menu debug is there but no button is able to launch the chosen area. And I don't know how to put two pads in port A and D when you just have one without crash nulldc.

edit : Ok you have to disconnect your vmu to work
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:45 am

Yokosuka wrote:
shengoro86 wrote: im going to make a tutorial video on how to use it. Its very simple once you know what each option is.

Pretty much goes like this.
Main menu debug screen is used to load maps.

In game debug screen is brought up by pressing start on controller 4.
Use the controlller 4 to cycle through the menu and change values, like debug flags and in game time.

I'll have a video up by the end of the week.

Thanks you're amazing. Because it's really frustrating, the main menu debug is there but no button is able to launch the chosen area. And I don't know how to put two pads in port A and D when you just have one without crash nulldc.

edit : Ok you have to disconnect your vmu to work

Here is that video :)

phpBB [video]

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ReeceKun » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:14 am

Shengoro , would it be possible to combine all 3 discs into a single ISO that could be used with NullDC to explore all areas(beta & original) ?

I'd also be interested in what kinds of Animation Debug commands are possible , I think its unlikely that animation will ever be 'moddable' but It would be useful to be able to , command freeze frames, loop or change frame rate, when It comes to getting Ryo into other engines It would be nice to be able to clone his animations too (however some do need tweaking)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:40 am

Woa I am enjoying it so far, I'll leave here some shoots I took.

Also I am the only one that preffers the "lower lod" textures of the Dojo instead of the normal ones?

Same happen to the beta maps, the textures unused are more colorful and diverse.

Thanks a lot for this shengoro86 =D>

Edit, If you want to acces ryos home, just go to sleep, use the debug menu to change the time, once Ryo wakes up, the house is accesible.

Esppiral has received a thanks from: _StreetSonic_
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 pm

ReeceKun wrote: Shengoro , would it be possible to combine all 3 discs into a single ISO that could be used with NullDC to explore all areas(beta & original) ?

I'd also be interested in what kinds of Animation Debug commands are possible , I think its unlikely that animation will ever be 'moddable' but It would be useful to be able to , command freeze frames, loop or change frame rate, when It comes to getting Ryo into other engines It would be nice to be able to clone his animations too (however some do need tweaking)

Wude and I released a mod containing all of the maps from the S1 beta and Whats Shenmue into one CDI.
Link -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46975&p=1071371&hilit=ultimate+shenmue#p1071371

Not sure why you would want to combine all three discs. That would require making hybrid AFS files and indexes and all of that. It is just not worth the time or effort. I chose disc 3 because it contains the most complete set of playable areas in all of shenmue.

As for the animation debug commands. I have a method coming to hijacking animations and such but it is still in development by myself and two others who will not be named. It is at the heart of my bike mod and I am not ready to release that set of work yet.

As for cloning animations... I have no clue lol.

Esppiral wrote:Woa I am enjoying it so far, I'll leave here some shoots I took.

Also I am the only one that preffers the "lower lod" textures of the Dojo instead of the normal ones?

Same happen to the beta maps, the textures unused are more colorful and diverse.

Thanks a lot for this shengoro86 =D>

Edit, If you want to acces ryos home, just go to sleep, use the debug menu to change the time, once Ryo wakes up, the house is accesible.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll update the release notes for version 2 when its done.
Awesome photos!
What did you use to stand on the building balcony? Is it at the same level as the entry point that puts you above the stairs from sakuragaoka?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby ReeceKun » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:56 pm

By 'cloning animations' I mean a way of approximating ryo's movements as accurately as possible , to keep the same shenmue feel in other engines. It doesnt seem likely that character bones and animations could be extracted into 3ds max, I can reanimate ryo's basic movements by eye, its possible I could do the same with his fighting movements (id record a loop and look at it frame by frame) The speech will need a total overhaul, (Ryo's dad looks like he has dentures, hopefully I can easily transplant mouths from skyrim)

By a debug menu I mean being able to select an animation and then cycle through that animation frame by frame, I could create multiple 3D ripper grabs on each frame to get the most accurate clone of the original animation, It would be very useful if you could choose a framerate for NullDC (im not sure if thats possible)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:12 pm

ReeceKun wrote: By 'cloning animations' I mean a way of approximating ryo's movements as accurately as possible , to keep the same shenmue feel in other engines. It doesnt seem likely that character bones and animations could be extracted into 3ds max, I can reanimate ryo's basic movements by eye, its possible I could do the same with his fighting movements (id record a loop and look at it frame by frame) The speech will need a total overhaul, (Ryo's dad looks like he has dentures, hopefully I can easily transplant mouths from skyrim)

By a debug menu I mean being able to select an animation and then cycle through that animation frame by frame, I could create multiple 3D ripper grabs on each frame to get the most accurate clone of the original animation, It would be very useful if you could choose a framerate for NullDC (im not sure if thats possible)

The only two people I know who could answer these questions are Wude and LanDC.

Wude has been absent since June but LanDC might have an answer. Ill ask him on FB for you.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Esppiral » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Didn't think it deserves a new thread so I post it here.

Due to the way Shenmue I "backfaces" geometry it has been really dificult , if not impossible, to make geometry rips from certain areas/angles, so thanks to your mod I've been able to do some renders from angles I've allways wanted to. :D

This game deserves an HD version asap. :cry:

Esppiral has received a thanks from: _StreetSonic_
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Beautiful screenshots. The Hazuki residence appears even more as an independent piece of art within the Shenmue universe and I love this feeling.

I must say
I could not resist to imagine the last chapter setting in this symbolic place, with another secret area to discover (a lot like Tintin and the Secret Licorn for those who know) and Shenhua alongside Ryo to close the loop, after all the long and grueling fantasy climax. That would be so epic =D>
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 am

Esppiral wrote: Didn't think it deserves a new thread so I post it here.

Due to the way Shenmue I "backfaces" geometry it has been really dificult , if not impossible, to make geometry rips from certain areas/angles, so thanks to your mod I've been able to do some renders from angles I've allways wanted to. :D

This game deserves an HD version asap. :cry:

Amazing! And yes, we need a HD version asap but :(
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Esppiral » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:10 pm

shengoro86 I have a question, no directly related to the mod but about how did you "rebuild" a retail game, I am trying to mod DOA2 U for the Dreamcast but I am unable to rebuild the game and make it bootable, could you please give me some hints? through PM if you want.

:D
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:24 pm

No problem. Rebuilding games is kind of tricky because it depends on the release team. Some teams like to scramble their 1st_read.bins to the point where normal selfboot hacks do not work.

In a perfect world, this is how you do it.
You need:
Windows
Bootmake
binhack32
some basic windows command line knowledge
an unpacked game.

So drop a blank ip.bin file and binhack32 in the game directory and open a cli window in it.
in cli type
binhack32.exe ip.bin
it will ask you for the following info. 1st read, bootsector, msinfo value
1st_read is 1ST_READ.BIN
bootsector is IP.BIN
msinfo is 11702

Then open bootmake and tell it where the files are.
It will then produce a working self boot.

NOW. this only works if the 1st_read isnt scrambled.
IF it is, you can always just hex edit the disc image itself instead of doing it on the files directly.

Also, sometimes you can get away with making a CDI with discjuggler from other formats.

Good luck!

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Esppiral
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Esppiral » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:59 pm

It works, thanks!