Map Glitch - Skip floors and break into rooms

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Map Glitch - Skip floors and break into rooms

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Well it is possible to get into those areas in Fortune's Pier where the guards don't wanna let you through.
I've seen a video, or was it just a guide with screenshots, where someone did this. I forgot where you need to start and you have to keep pressing up on the d-pad again and again in order to continue walking when Ryo gets stuck.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Chaikilla » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:57 pm

BlueMue wrote: Well it is possible to get into those areas in Fortune's Pier where the guards don't wanna let you through.
I've seen a video, or was it just a guide with screenshots, where someone did this. I forgot where you need to start and you have to keep pressing up on the d-pad again and again in order to continue walking when Ryo gets stuck.

Your post gave me the enthusiasm to try it again since you said it was possible and I managed to pull it off! I changed up my approach, this time starting from the staircase of F warehouse (the place in the worker's pier where Yuan and the white-suited duck guy are making some kind of shady deal).

I ran in a straight line until I reached the part of the map where I presumed the shutter with the number 11 would be, then took a left turn before heading straight again. Guesswork, I must admit, but I did feel like I knew where I was going this time!

As you mentioned, it's very glitchy in this area. There are in fact, invisible walls that Ryo seemingly can't get through. The action icon popped up to talk to some npc but as soon as Ryo engaged with her he just said "Oh well..." and moved on. Not too long after this happened, I glitched out onto the other side of the fence.

This gives me hope for room 205 of the Yan Tin apartments. I think we just have to change our approach and of course, get a little lucky. Does anyone know what's behind there?
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:07 pm

From a controls perspective, how is this glitch performed exactly?
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Chaikilla » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote: From a controls perspective, how is this glitch performed exactly?

You have to hold the r trigger to run just before quickly pulling out the overall map. If done successfully you should be able to see the red dot on the map moving. In some cases you may have to fiddle with the directional pad to get to your desired location. That's about it, really (I think).
Chaikilla

Postby BlueMue » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:08 am

Yeah, the timing is kinda hard to explain as it doesn't always works. You'll just have to get it down for yourself, it really not difficult at all. One thing I'd like to add is how the controlls are reversed during the glitch since your rotating the map and Ryo just follows the orientation of it, you'll have to press right on the d-pad if you want to go left.

Getting to the spot you want is tricky as your only orientation will be the dot on the map. It's not that helpful in buildings as it shows the layout of the streets. The best thing is to walk to the spot where you wanna glitch through, look at the map and remember what point it is on. Then go back to the stairs, start the glitch and make your way to the point you remembered. You'll also need to roughly remember where other doors and obstacles are, so you don't accidentialy go through those, get stuck on them.

Yeah, it really is tricky. I wish we could turn off the clipping like in Shenmue...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:26 pm

I still didn't get into room 205 of the Yan Tin Appartments but I was able to peek into the room from underneath it.

I did the glitch before reaching the stairs and stopped on the wall next to the stairs that leads to 2F.
Ryo is still on the height of the entrance level and partially clips through the floor. Since he's facing the wall it's possible to use d-pad taps to go further and eventually out of the building.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Chaikilla, Supa
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Glitched into the three rooms on the same side of the hall as Xiuying's on the first try. Very cool! Did not have any luck in the Yan Tin Apartments, though. There is a door in the dead end part of South Carmain as well that I wanted to try to get to the other side and use, but I couldn't get to it...

Supa has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Re: Map Glitch - Skip floors and break into Yuanda Zhu's roo

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:31 am

BlueMue wrote: Do you happen to have a list what all the areas in Shenmue II are called in it's file structure?
I got something together for Aberdeen and Wan Chai. But only the main quarters, wich I identified with the help of the texture of the map stands.

I have only a couple. Im working on the rest on the shenmods page me and giorgio have.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:32 am

Supa wrote:There is a door in the dead end part of South Carmain as well that I wanted to try to get to the other side and use, but I couldn't get to it...

You can make a hacked save to do this. Save right at the dead end, then use Kakuzawa's save editor to adjust the coordinates.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: Map Glitch - Skip floors and break into Yuanda Zhu's roo

Postby Brosauce » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Chaikilla wrote:I tried to glitch through the entrance of Beverley Hills Wharf and my game completely glitched. I got stuck behind the guard and was unable to do anything!

That reminds me.. I did that back a while ago on the Xbox version at the start of the game with the map glitch and ended up having a disk read error message display which the xbox version has, you know, the green screen.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PSN: Playstation Network
XBL: Xbox Live
Nintendo FC: Nintendo Network
Steam: Steam ID
Currently playing: Education

Postby Giorgio » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:25 pm

I always wanted to know what's going on in the restricted area of the Golden Mall, but it seems there's nothing special about it. - All these years of this magical mystery and theory of what could lie behind there, gone!

[You can't climb the stairs, no.]

If you go and be the center of attention... you can talk to these guys and offer you to challenge them. They still think they are in the Fighting Area near the Work Pier!

You can also talk to this guy, but Ryo goes with "Excuse me..." and then "Oh well..."

And, Ryo Hazuki's way to attend a tanning saloon.

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: BlueMue, Brosauce
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Brosauce » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Giorgio, what happens if you select challenge? Do you get to arm wrestle him there? Wow!
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Wow that is cool! Really funny that the Mongolian still has the challenge trigger. What happens if you actually challenge him? Well I'm going to check that out myself just now but feel free to let us know if you do know what happens.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that. Thank you for asking. - If you select to challenge them ...it doesn't do anything. - I bet the game engine tries to find a reference in the data (specifically in the MAPINFO.BIN) for that trigger, but of course it doesn't find anything, and thus ignores the selection of that option.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Brosauce
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Brosauce » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Giorgio wrote: Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that. Thank you for asking. - If you select to challenge them ...it doesn't do anything. - I bet the game engine tries to find a reference in the data (specifically in the MAPINFO.BIN) for that trigger, but of course it doesn't find anything, and thus ignores the selection of that option.

That's a real shame, very good find though.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II