Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Postby beedle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:43 pm

south carmain wrote: Thanks for dropping in to remind us how much of a twat you are, jeff.

leave him alone
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Jeff wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
Jeff wrote: I'm still here, just very quiet. I'll check this place out maybe once a month. These days I seldom play video games though I have a PS4 and an Xbox One. I use my PS3 as a video streaming device for my bedroom. I mostly go on nature walks these days, drive my diesel VW Passat, stream netflix, watch Top Gear (or should I say reminisce given recent developments). Try to crack the biggest anomaly known to man, women. Do DIY projects to my condo. Try to attempt cooking. Serve as president of a rotary club, vp of a brokerage firm, member of a couple chamber of commerce's. Play with my dog. Take a train into NYC occasionally and just wander around Manhattan. I guess that sums it up really, the phase of life of a 31 year old man looking forward to the next phase.

Do I care about Shenmue 3 at this point? Honestly?... A small amount. Games these days don't tickle me like they used to. I hate online gaming. I tried to get into it with GTA 5 online. Started that with the sounds of teen screaming and cursing on it and found myself being chased in the woods by a man with a chainsaw for a good 10 minutes and that was about it for me. The others seem to be intense shooters and I've become too subdued to get that wound up anymore. Sports games which I'm not really into. It's not like how it used to be. Liked Assasin's Creed Black Flag and Unity but the story lines didn't captivate me. Really liked Last of Us and wish there was more of that quality, but there isn't. Seems like most developers are interested in phone games than console games. Cheaper to make and greater customer base. I drove a jet ski off the gulf of mexico a few weeks ago and found that more fun than any video game I've played so I'd rather do that given the option. I guess I'm more looking for new things in my life. When I do play I could use some friends on them, so my gamertags are below. You are far more likely to see me on there than here. :mnky:

xboxone gamertag= jgkny
ps4 gamertag=jgk1020

OMG, a VW Passat, these are so common here in Germany. Didn't even know they were available in the U.S.

I actually drive a Ford Focus with all the extras that are available in Germany (Traffic Sign recognition, Lane keeping assist, Self parking and so on). hell I just wanted a car that is at least somewhat american even though it's assembled here in Germany.

Jet Ski is loads of fun. I always thought that when i retire i might talk the wife into moving to Ibiza, get a Jet Ski and an ATV. All you need.

I also rarely play games these days, but "Life is strange" got me out of hibernation recently. Rotary club... Hmmm i thought about getting into Lions club (I guess they are what rotary club is in the US) but i just lack the time. maybe when the kids are older. I'd like to do something good.

Yea they are here, the TDI's aren't as common as in Germany. Love the torque and 700+ mile range. I drive close to 400 miles a week so it's useful to me. Also have a Hyundai Sonata but that thing just about hit the total mileage on the lease so it sits pretty much. Ford Focus is a solid car, drove one for a day when my car was being serviced and I could drive that everyday.

It's so easy to Jetski and it's so much fun, when you get out to sea it feels like you have total freedom, plus the dolphins come up close and are friendly. It's great. Naples, Florida was where I did it where many German tourists come as I hear them speaking German walking the streets and actually is the largest population of German born residents in the US.

I am one of the youngest presidents of Rotary in the Northeast of the US, but whatever. Many of the members I knew my whole life so when we have meetings its like checking up on the family in a way.

Is diesel cheaper in most parts of the US than petrol/gas? I learned something new that TDIs were sold across there, too.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:12 pm

beedle wrote:
south carmain wrote: Thanks for dropping in to remind us how much of a twat you are, jeff.

leave him alone

Leave me alone.

south carmain has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Supa » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:43 pm

phpBB [video]

Supa has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:30 pm

One of Jacko's better tunes, IMO!

The vid is plain hilarious with the fairly steep rate at which "MJ's ego" takes over, as well. :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 pm

I'm tempted to go retro for a while. Old skool avatar and sig.

Peter has received a thanks from: Thief
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Thief » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:39 pm

^ haha you should -- I think when I first signed up here I had an avatar of Xiuying.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 01, 2015 5:00 pm

This place has a very interesting history of varied personalities. Gboy deserved better as did many others. The blue text attention seeking idiot took things way to personal and and a total fool. Yama after a month of trying to convince me to drop in not stay finally paid off. Nah not staying. Not my thing anymore. Life is chill and helping older people out and hanging out with peers now of similar interests. Exercise keep busy and relax and go to fun festivals and conventions. It's nice to see how everyone has matured. Mitts no longer sicker than all the kids in Africa and Sonikku new person and I still love Sonikku. :)

You all take care.

R.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Sonikku, Supa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Fri May 01, 2015 5:07 pm

You came back. :puppydogeyes:
Lets run away together. :heart:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Yama » Mon May 04, 2015 1:08 pm

More or less all I said was that if you have achieved a healthy balance in your life, something such as a message board shouldn't and wouldn't be addicting to that degree. It's a place to check in on and converse at your own leisure. It shouldn't have to be all or nothing. I understand you were at a point where it had to be that way, so I respect that you made a healthy decision for yourself. But now, given that things have turned around, it can be looked at differently I'd hope. Normally. It's not so much as a plea to come back and post as it is I hope you can look at this place as what it is, just another message board. It's not life, nor should it ever have been.

We've talked outside of here about it, but I'm really glad things have turned around for you.

Yama has received a thanks from: Supa
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bane » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:10 pm

This thread has been a great read, brought back a lot of memories!
Bane
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby rome » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Peter wrote:
Thief wrote:editing a post doesn't really change what you've said so you just leave your stupid comments to exist forever in this forums history. Even though this place makes me and others crazy sometimes, I really like it. Good game community is a hard thing to find.

Ahhh, i remember the post would have said "edited" and sometimes shit kicked off from that. I can remember people flipping out because someone had said something, edited it, and then World War 3 kicked off because they would be called out on it.

Axm is right about the Yama Era though; Bullshit free. But its like WWE being in the PG Era now, and the old days were the Attitude Era. I just wish we had a network where you could go back and read some of the old topics. Well i am sure you can just find a link, but i wouldnt know where to start. Anyone remember any old topic titles where things went bananas?

Weird that you mentioned WWE here, as I was reading the first couple post's in this topic, this is exactly what came to mind. I do remember hopping back and fourth between RP and the Dojo for a short time. But if I wasn't on this forum, I wasn't on any.

There was a lot spamming and user's getting banned, but there was always many, many topics being discussed, Shenmue related or not. I do miss the old days as well.

rome has received a thanks from: Supa
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby GoldenLotus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:36 pm

I missed you guys. So is this place pretty much dead now? Has everyone moved on from shenmue? ;_;
GoldenLotus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Welcome back.
No its pretty much stronger then ever in terms of cross community efforts.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:03 am

Yes, it's dead and we're the undead keeping it going.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic