Worst parts ft. Shenmue 2

(Chapters 3-6)

Worst parts ft. Shenmue 2

Postby Brosauce » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:31 pm

What was that thing that was the biggest pisser in Shenmue 2. Yes it most likely was ghost hall building with those planks but what else was it. I don't really recall anything else aside from Zhangyu Barber QTE where I was clueless that you had to leave all the buttons alone. That taught me a lesson in life however. It really pissed me off the first time though. Another classic example was in beverly hills wharf when all the battles started to become first person. I though it was a glitch. After that mayhem, you soon realise you have to make 500 hk dollars.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PSN: Playstation Network
XBL: Xbox Live
Nintendo FC: Nintendo Network
Steam: Steam ID
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Education

Re: Worst parts ft. Shenmue 2

Postby nskachu » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:01 pm

What the... They become first person? Never saw that lel. However, I like everything about Shenmue 2, although I coincidentally started playing an old save data yesterday and spent the whole day working with (donkey) congo.
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:08 pm

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Rakim » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm

nskachu wrote: What the... They become first person? Never saw that lel. However, I like everything about Shenmue 2, although I coincidentally started playing an old save data yesterday and spent the whole day working with (donkey) congo.

Not 100% first-person, but whenever a fight initiates with the gang members in Beverly Hills Wharf, the camera basically slots itself in a cross-section between the back of Ryo's head and his face - complete with awkward translucency - and you're forced to fight like that. It's pretty annoying because it's harder to judge the collision, but it's easy enough to handle so long as you don't get surrounded and gang-raped by a barrage of punches.

My least favourite parts in Shenmue II are the book airing and Ghost Hall Building planks, for sure. The latter, especially, can go die in a hole :P

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: nskachu
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah, those planks suck.

But I remember the first time going through the yellow head building, my dreamcast froze and I had to do it all over again, I thought it sucked, after playing it again it was cool, but the first taste I got was wonky.

Also having to carry crates since it was the only safe way for making money (without having to pawn stuff), that kinda sucked.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Return to Shenmue II