Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue E3 Discussion

Postby Axm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:42 am

We would have so much more evidence if it was coming. It would stare us right in the face so hard it would be like its practicly announced. If something comes out now, thats a proper job on keeping a secret.

Axm has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:43 am

I also appreciate how events like E3 bring the community together a bit, and increase the activity on the site and beyond. Makes a change to the same few faces who make up the daily life of here.

Peter has received a thanks from: Himuro
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:45 am

Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:50 am

I dunno, I'm really startin to dislike the Shenmue community. They seem a bit too smug n cultish, like they're sitting around a campfire agreeing with eachother on everything, with some enlightened look on their faces because they played a big budget game that no one's ever heard of.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Himuro
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Shadow2222 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

Hello everyone :) I don't post very often, but I'm eagerly anticipating the Sony E3 conference tonight. While I don't expect 3, I definitely think it might be time for Shenmue HD.
Shadow2222
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: I dunno, I'm really startin to dislike the Shenmue community. They seem a bit too smug n cultish, like they're sitting around a campfire agreeing with eachother on everything, with some enlightened look on their faces because they played a big budget game that no one's ever heard of.

Cmon bud. Don't let it get you down. It's part of the community, it always has been. It's best being prepared for the day some sort of announcement does happen (which it will trust me), because the landscape of this place and beyond will change.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:04 am

I can't control the hype!

Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 am

Peter wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: I dunno, I'm really startin to dislike the Shenmue community. They seem a bit too smug n cultish, like they're sitting around a campfire agreeing with eachother on everything, with some enlightened look on their faces because they played a big budget game that no one's ever heard of.

Cmon bud. Don't let it get you down. It's part of the community, it always has been. It's best being prepared for the day some sort of announcement does happen (which it will trust me), because the landscape of this place and beyond will change.

I agree with everything you just said Peter!

Marshmellow?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 am

The way I look at it is that there's a 99% chance it'll never happen and probably a 95% chance HD remakes never happen. But the first two games made such an impact on me that it's worth getting excited about a 1% or 5% chance. Sometimes some piece of news or rumor makes our hope creep up to 5%-10% and that's great. We have fun speculating knowing all the while we've been burned before. Isn't Shenmue worth it? Each one of you is here because it impacted your life. Sure, they aren't perfect games, but Shenmue was revolutionary for its time. So, yes. Shenmue is worth it. You just have to look at it like an adult and realize...

elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:12 am

I never understand why people think Shenmue will be a huge hit if it got re released. Sure when it's announced it will be big news but the day after no one will give a fuck until it releases and then some people might play it for a day or two. Shenmue has quite a small fanbase who're just very very vocal. The idea it would be the biggest thing out of E3 is crazy, Fallout 4 has took that crown and the only thing that could snatch it is a FFVII remake or Rockstar announce GTAVI comes with a free hooker. It would be just a normal story out of E3 and might just make the top 5 news stories on a few sites. The original game sold about 1 million copies and that was 15 years ago, many of the people who played it back then have probably stopped playing games altogether now. As much as I love videogames most people tend to put the controller down past the age of 20 and I don't see them picking it back up for one game. If Shenmue III came out tomorrow 2 of my brothers who played the original probably wouldn't even realize and that's most likely the case for a lot of the people who bought those original games.

Do people really think that a HD remaster will sell enough to warrant a AAA budget to make the third game? Think you need a reality check. People can say it was a game ahead of it's time all they want but a game like Shenmue is a much tougher sell then it was in the Dreamcast days when quirky games where the norm.
Last edited by Riku Rose on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Himuro
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 am

:lol:

#HuberHype
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:19 am

James Brown wrote:I agree with everything you just said Peter!

Marshmellow?

A white one please. Thank you sir.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby thecurse0101 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 am

CD_Vision wrote: I just found that Shenmue.info was also updated on 6/2/15. This is a new site, originally created on 5/29/15.
The registrar info is coming from another Japanese location though, onamae.com. The main owner is being kept secret. Those guys have previously registered some of Atlus's trademarks. Persona5.jp was one of theirs, for example.

If you try and go to the site it prompts for a username and password.
thecurse0101

Postby Wolfgame » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 am

Shenmue fans on a shenmue fan site dissing their own, maybe we are entering sad times.
Wolfgame
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Shenmuehua » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 am

Maybe a kickstarter will be announced
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua