Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 pm

spinksy wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
elmatto wrote: So what's the 'rapport system'? Is that like a relationship system with other characters or something?

No exact details were given, but it seems that way.

I may sound silly here but i took the 'rapport system' as characters having voices (rather than just text displaying when they are speaking)?

Don t think that s it.

And in the gameplay video you hear them speak. It would be too different from Shenmue and Shenmue II otherwise.

But in Skies of Arcadia 2, no problem 8)
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 pm

spinksy wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
elmatto wrote: So what's the 'rapport system'? Is that like a relationship system with other characters or something?

I may sound silly here but i took the 'rapport system' as characters having voices (rather than just text displaying when they are speaking)?

Yeah, there's no way Shenmue 3 wouldn't have VOs... as the original Japanese VO for Ryo is locked in the project. It just wouldn't be acceptable by today's standards in a 3D free roaming game. But again as someone mentioned before, Yu Suzuki could have done a Shenmue 3 PDF and I would have much enjoyed playing it... with my mind.
Last edited by sand4fish on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:16 pm

spinksy wrote:
sand4fish wrote:

That would make more sense in the context of what Shenmue is. But at the same time, google says:

rap·port/raˈpôr,rəˈpôr/
noun
a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well.

Which made me think of romancing other characters. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo.
elmatto

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:20 pm

elmatto wrote:
That would make more sense in the context of what Shenmue is. But at the same time, google says:

rap·port/raˈpôr,rəˈpôr/
noun
a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well.

Which made me think of romancing other characters. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Actually that makes sense. A "waifu" system might be at play here, as it is popular in Japanese games nowadays.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Just hit 3 milly!!
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Asakim » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:28 pm

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/games/s3preview.html

The rapport system is probably what he was talking about in here.

Yu Suzuki wrote:Shenhua will ask lots and lots of questions like these and the answers will get stored in the game and affect the outcome of the player's relationship with other characters. It's like a personality test. For example, the person who leaves behind the monkey is the type of person who leaves their wife."
Asakim
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Emperor_Virgil
Currently playing: Tactics Ogre

Postby 8bitRyo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 pm

theres an interview with shuhei yoshida on engadget now, where he is asked about the shenmue 3 kickstarter.
and i have to say his answer doesnt sound like sony's backing/funding the project in any way at all.
he basically said, they just liked the project, so they decided to promote it at the E3 conference. weird. adam boyes on the other hand said in that gamespot video interview that they are providing "some" funding aswell. well, if thats so, why is there absoloutely zero info about playstations involvement on the kickstarter campaign page ? i find this all very strange and confusing.. and the fact that lots of news sites took adam boyes statement to generate and spread articles with headlines like "sony is funding shenmue 3" or "sony is helping make shenmue 3", also very counterproductive for shenmue 3. i mean ever since that info started spreading on social media , things have slowed down tremendously.
8bitRyo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: The Wolf Among Us

Postby Asakim » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Gio Corsi says that Sony is going to actually work on the game and put money into it.

phpBB [video]

Asakim has received a thanks from: DreamcastPast
Asakim
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Asakim wrote: http://shenmuedojo.net/new/games/s3preview.html

The rapport system is probably what he was talking about in here.

Yu Suzuki wrote:Shenhua will ask lots and lots of questions like these and the answers will get stored in the game and affect the outcome of the player's relationship with other characters. It's like a personality test. For example, the person who leaves behind the monkey is the type of person who leaves their wife."

That sounds a lot more like Shenmue than what I was thinking of.
elmatto

Postby Outlawstar98 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:39 pm

3mil party time

Wheres the cake?
Outlawstar98

XBL: outlawstar98
Steam: outlawstar98
Currently playing: EVERYTHING

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:42 pm

8bitRyo wrote: theres an interview with shuhei yoshida on engadget now, where he is asked about the shenmue 3 kickstarter.
and i have to say his answer doesnt sound like sony's backing/funding the project in any way at all.
he basically said, they just liked the project, so they decided to promote it at the E3 conference. weird. adam boyes on the other hand said in that gamespot video interview that they are providing "some" funding aswell. well, if thats so, why is there absoloutely zero info about playstations involvement on the kickstarter campaign page ? i find this all very strange and confusing.. and the fact that lots of news sites took adam boyes statement to generate and spread articles with headlines like "sony is funding shenmue 3" or "sony is helping make shenmue 3", also very counterproductive for shenmue 3. i mean ever since that info started spreading on social media , things have slowed down tremendously.

Could you put the video on youtube or something to see it plz. Thx
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Asakim » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:46 pm

elmatto wrote:
That sounds a lot more like Shenmue than what I was thinking of.

Yeah I originally thought it was going to be some strange persona 3 style waifu system but then I remembered that old interview. Yeah I noticed the kickstarter slowing down a bit and people actually started talking about withdrawing their pledges once they heard Sony was helping with this. Doesn't seem to have had too much of a negative impact though since we've already hit most of the stretch goals.
Last edited by Asakim on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asakim
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Amir » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Shenmuehua wrote: Here guys the first interview.

Just arrived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKb0vtQz8xo

Just to add to what others have said, Biscay mentions that he is in charge of promo in Europe and also the PC version of the game.

Also, for those who don't speak French, fast-forward to 8:10 for an amusing clip :)
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby 8bitRyo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Shenmuehua wrote:
8bitRyo wrote: theres an interview with shuhei yoshida on engadget now, where he is asked about the shenmue 3 kickstarter.

Could you put the video on youtube or something to see it plz. Thx

this: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/an-i ... i-yoshida/
8bitRyo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: The Wolf Among Us

Postby laagi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:56 pm

As a long time Shenmue Fan I've done my part... $300 for my beloved Series! Let's hope this turns out as great, as we've all been waiting and wishing for, the last 14 years!

Cheers guys, we're almost there ;-)
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates