Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Lol I hope I survive the next 30 days without some sort of stress related catastrophe. Gotta push so hard to try and pique peoples interest in seeing this be an astounding success.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:54 pm

yeah I'm gonna be honest, seeing at how these stretch goals are panning out, I think we are gonna have a lot of cut content... please prove me wrong community!.. work your magic
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby JohnBlack » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:57 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: yeah I'm gonna be honest, seeing at how these stretch goals are panning out, I think we are gonna have a lot of cut content... please prove me wrong community!.. work your magic

I already stated this. I hate this goals, but they are on almost every kickstarter game so. But anyway I think Yu will do it old-fashioned way without this goals, just make game with given budget. Anyway dont think budget will be lower than 20m.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KiD » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:01 pm

It sucks that so much may potentially be lost due to funding. A lot of the fun I had in Shenmue 1-2 was just exploring the environments, the different buildings, searching for goodies, playing mini-games, gambling, practicing fighting, etc. So it would suck to not get the complete Shenmue experience in Shenmue 3, but on the bright side, 3 days ago all I wanted was to get the remaining story, and now Shenmue 3 is going to be released and we will be able to finish the story. I'm going to up my donation to the next tier to help out, but at the end of the day, I'm going to be happy that Shenmue 3 is going to be released.

KiD has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, RiGoRmOrTiS
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:29 pm

In the last update he stated there is financial partnerS.

Sony s not the only one I think but maybe the amount they will give depends on the total kickstarter amount.

Anyway, this is his life project, he is not here for the money it s plain to see. Trust him, he won t let us down.

He has his idea of what Shenmue III should be and if he thought it wasn t possible or a pain in the ass he wouldn t have tried so hard during all these years to find a solution.

If a kickstarter was a good idea for him and considering the time he spent thinking about it, it definitely is a good idea and I trust him.

Shenmuehua has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Deaconfrost » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Got Shenmue for dreamcast the first week of November. It is the best thing I ever saw in games. I registered here but lost the old login info. I can't believe how many people here seem to have had the same impact. I've read many comments about this and many of them could of been written by me. Going to put down at least 29.00. As much as I can I will contribute to Shenmue.

Serendipity . I was listening to the shenmue soundtracks on youtube last weekend for hours. While I had pulled out my dreamcast and my shenmue 1 and the import version Shenmue 2 from Uk. I was literally buffing the old discs on Shenmue 1 and 2 so I could play through them again, last weekend. Crazy awesome.

I had no idea about E3. I saw a thread on reddit and it was a gif of a guy yelling out games and it said shenmue 3, final fantasy VII etc. I literally thought it was some sort of joke directed at shenmue 3. So I googled shenmue 3 and Boom. I didn't cry but my eyes got moist and I've been psyched since I found out Tuesday.

I often daydreamed that if I got super rich that I would of paid for it. I was 18 when I played Shenmue in the first week of November all those years ago. I took my time and savored the game. Nothing has had impact on me as far as games go.
At least donate what I can on kickstarter. I never lost hope completely but I almost forgot about it.

Wonderful serendipity. Listening to the awesome score of these games and getting ready to play again last weekend(last played 2006), once I get a vmu with a battery that isn't dead. I like the japanese voices in 2nd one more, once I got used to it.

Never Give Up
Never Surrender

Deaconfrost has received a thanks from: Upstairsmuffin
Deaconfrost
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:52 pm

The following is my reaction while watching E3... starring Matthew McConaughey.

phpBB [video]

Now seriously, I didn't want Shenmue 3 to go the Kickstarter route, as I really expected a company like Microsoft or Sony to make a partnership with Sega and bank Shenmue 3 all by themselves. Other Kickstarter games projects might have been highly successful, but none of them felt like a triple A game.

But now that Shenmue 3 is a reality (thank god for it!) we all must make the best out of this situation and turn the entire thing into the best Kickstarter game ever made!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby bikingjehuty » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Everyone needs to relax. Shenmue's story has been completed and done for nearly 20-years, and knowing Yu Suzuki there is no freakin way he would be like, "oh yeah, lets just cut chapters 8, 9, 11, and 13 because hey, the kickstarted only earned 6mil." This man had enough integrity and cared enough about this series to hold onto the desire to finish it for this long, and I know he is doing this way more for the fans than because he thinks he's be able to buy a house in Beverly Hills after this. The whole story, as it was intended will be present in Shenmue 3, I guarantee it.

The stretch goals involving the different locals explicitly say "extended" followed by the feature. This tells me that the current budget does not afford enough resources to add these things, but if we reach those goals they will be able to add them. It does not mean that Biasha Village will not be there if we don't reach 4mil. I am 98% certain it is the same for the other two areas that were shown in the Kickstarter video. Essentially this game will have everything we need to get the full story and experience it as we did in the previous two titles. Funding these stretch goals ensures that there will be even more content in each main area, which is definitely worth reaching these goals imo.

bikingjehuty has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Jibby
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Mitsurugi_es » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi everybody. Here's another shenmue fanatic who came back from the catacombs to praise the good news. words are not enough to express how I feel. But then, i had a strange feeling this two days. Can't stop thinking how many shenmue lovers had passed away in those 15 years. The just couldn't make it. So my prayer here tonight is for those fallen Shenmueholics. Here's a toast for you all!

Mitsurugi_es
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:49 pm

We need to help Ys Net and Yu Suzuki create better Stretch Goals and Rewards for players. The current offering is going to deter Shenmue III's funding potential. I suggested and messaged them the following:

1) Provide a detailed update for each Stretch Goal, preferably with concept imagery of what the Stretch Goal will unlock.

2) Add PayPal support.

3) Add More $1,000-$10,000 rewards.

What do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas to help Yu and company?
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ziming » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:30 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Giorgio, redline
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby shenhua legend » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 am

Posted already?, this threadgoes so fast is hard to tell.

So I want to switch gears a little bit. I want to talk to you about Shenmue and crowdfunding. That was announced onstage on Monday and it's at about $3 million now. So let me ask you: Why did Sony PlayStation decide to allow that crowdfunding announcement as opposed to funding it?

Ah, no, no, no. It's a very exciting project and there are lots of PlayStation fans asking for it. But it's a Sega IP and of course Suzuki Yu-san is the creator. So somehow Suzuki-san was able to work out with Sega to allow them to Kickstart the project. And because we liked the project, our third-party relations team struck a deal to help Kickstart the campaign at the E3 conference. That's great PR.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/an-intimate-chat-with-sony-playstation-shuhei-yoshida/
shenhua legend

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:03 am

He didn't really answer the question, but we all really know what it is anyway.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 am

I'm really worried now somewhat after reading interview with yu suzuki. shenmue's greatness lay in that you had so much to do and the world was so big. if that is disappearred I don't think I would like that direction at all
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Thief » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:57 am

I found the greatness in its attention to NPC characters and their importance. Since Shenmue III seems to be focusing even more on character relations, I couldn't be more at ease.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates