SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INSIDE)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Postby MaxTheRabbit » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:22 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Himuro wrote:
MaxTheRabbit wrote:
Hadoken Hazuki wrote:
What's this about FREE battles being stretch goals? It's not on the stretch goal list?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/ ... ii-on-ps4/

He mentions that through donations the game may see "the addition of a FREE Battle system". So it could be a future stretch goal once the campaign inevitably reaches all of the ones currently shown.

maybe instead of the randoms you talk to on the street saying "I'm sorry I'm really busy now" or whatever, now you can just whip their ass to get the information

That isn't Shenmue.

Yeah, definitely. That looks more like GTA.

yeah yeah, so srs on this board
:roll:
what I was really suggesting was there may be more random fights with people on the street, not necessarily story related and not provoked by ryo
MaxTheRabbit
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Riku Rose wrote: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/51493-e3-20 ... stien-abde

The story begins directly where that of Shenmue II had ended.

Yu Suzuki is planning to integrate Arcade games Shenmue III (as was the case in the first two episodes), via a games room which is also part of the bearings to unlock in the Kickstarter campaign.

Yu Suzuki promises many new gameplay elements for Shenmue III . Players can for example retrieve fighting techniques of parchment. They will be part of the combat system and can be unlocked in the mini-games, participating in gambling, and during quests. The scrolls will unlock super moves and increase the capabilities of Ryo.

On the relationship between the studio Yu Suzuki and SEGA , the creator of Shenmue explained that the reports are excellent and given that SEGA all elements from Shenmue 1 and 2 with his new team needs. Yu Suzuki also took the opportunity to remind that it is always Advisor at SEGA.

Yu Suzuki returned to the first images that we discovered in the video: it's not cinematic, but the game really as it is today, with the prototype. It also turns penny Unreal Engine 4.

Cedric Biscay, the French behind the project says about him he is in charge of finding some funding and promote Shenmue III . He also said he will look into all of the PC version of the game.

If they stick to their schedule, they hope to release the game end of 2017 (the Kickstarter clearly announces the month of December 2017.

We have news of Shenmue 3 on February 27, during the MAGIC show in Monaco where Yu Suzuki will be present to tell us more.

It's a rough google translation but sounds like to me that SEGA is handing over anything he wants from the previous games and anything that may have been made for Shenmue III back in the day.

Sounds really hopeful!!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Sean » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Shenmue back in the Guinness world record book:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... owdfunding

Sean has received a thanks from: Bambi
Sean
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Sandbox
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Well, fuck, guys. I still can't believe this is actually happening. It was around 3am here when I saw the news and watched the trailer, so I was already in bed watching it on my phone, and I was utterly speechless, before cheering and proceeding to be extremely hyper, leaving my boyfriend extremely confused (though he understood once I explained - he's heard me witter on about Shenmue enough times!). I can't believe after all this time it is finally a reality. I was 14 years old when Shenmue II came out...now that I'm a 28 year old with actual responsibilities and stuff, I could only really afford a $29 pledge, but I knew I had to pay at least something. Like many others, I'm not entirely sure about the way Ryo and Shenhua look, but I'm sure this is only something they quickly knocked together for the trailer and they will look more like their old selves in the final game.

But yeah...I kept daydreaming about the day when this would happen (even faintly when I was beginning to lose hope), and now it's actually here...Yu, you magnificent bastard. You can tell how much he cares about us as fans, and in this day and age that is truly refreshing. I've been very cynical about gaming in general lately,, this current generation failing to excite me really, but obviously I must get a PS4 now (I don't think I'll ever have a PC capable of running it in this lifetime!). I'm already getting excited about posting here again and being a part of all the pre-release buzz, where we will no doubt analyse every screenshot and trailer we receive to death and back. And now I can finally play through the first two games without getting depressed :P

It's been a hell of a wait guys, but hopefully it will be worth it. We only went and fucking did it!!! :mrgreen:

Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:08 pm

This thread should be linked to the one in the news section, I always forget to refresh that one.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:24 pm

The video was removed??? Whyyy...
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:29 pm

What dog is he talking about ??? lol
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:35 pm

shredingskin wrote: What dog is he talking about ??? lol

I think it's a joke on how in certain open-world games like Fable 2 and Fallout 4 you get a dog companion, but Yu said (most likely jokingly) there's probably an opportunity to have a goat one instead. Maybe the goat you saved in Shenmue II becomes your loyal companion? :P
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:43 pm

I thought they mistook the cat for a dog xD

But the deer is guiling protector, so maybe we have a deer simulator.

There was a deer place in kyoto, one almost ate my mum's bag. (don't know why I wrote this tough).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Where's the English version of the interview? It was here but disappeared.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Ziming » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Himuro wrote: Where's the English version of the interview? It was here but disappeared.

The youtube channel that uploaded the video ended up deleting it.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:09 pm

phpBB [video]

Adam Boyes from Sony starts talking about Yu and Shenmue at 3:07:00.

Pretty much says that Sony are backing it.
They had the Kickstarter as it would take months or years to get the funding and prove there is an audience otherwise.
The countdown was Yu's idea.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby masterchan777 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Stretch Goals updated !!

masterchan777

Postby combat_rock » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:44 pm

MaxTheRabbit wrote:
sand4fish wrote:
Himuro wrote:
MaxTheRabbit wrote:
Hadoken Hazuki wrote:
What's this about FREE battles being stretch goals? It's not on the stretch goal list?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/ ... ii-on-ps4/

He mentions that through donations the game may see "the addition of a FREE Battle system". So it could be a future stretch goal once the campaign inevitably reaches all of the ones currently shown.

maybe instead of the randoms you talk to on the street saying "I'm sorry I'm really busy now" or whatever, now you can just whip their ass to get the information

That isn't Shenmue.

Yeah, definitely. That looks more like GTA.

yeah yeah, so srs on this board
:roll:
what I was really suggesting was there may be more random fights with people on the street, not necessarily story related and not provoked by ryo

I don't like the idea of more random violence either, since part of the appeal of Shenmue was it's realism and I'm sure even the roughest parts of Japan, Hong Kong, and China don't just look like Streets of Rage all the time. That being said, maybe they could expand on the underground sport fighting aspect from Shenmue II. I like the idea of always being able to find a fight if you want it, and you could even be rewarded with experience, money, etc.
combat_rock
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:46 pm

I don't want it to become like Yakuza where I fear running from one side of the city to the other simply because I don't want to get into a bunch of pointless encounters.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III