Shenmue HD

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue HD

Postby ryohazuki » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:36 am

Is shenmue hds release relevant now. Im really thankful that shenmue 3s releasing but should we get hd versions of chapter 1 to 7 in order to attract new customers who dont know anything about shenmue ?
ryohazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Shenmue HD

Postby disbeliever » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:53 am

Definitely, yes.
disbeliever
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: disbeliever616
XBL: disbeliever616
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Bloodborne

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:44 am

It's not Suzuki's call.

Sega own the property rights to it, and it's their decision to green light HD development for the original games, and release it. Considering Sega's attitude to Shenmue over the past 14 years, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:07 am

They sure as hell probably noticed whats been going on though. If Sega doesnt re-release them for us they are full on oblivious and retarded.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Esppiral
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:52 am

its going to be a damn interesting next few years to see how all this pans out. shenmue 1+2 HD must happen now. surely. full remake? we can only hope.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:32 am

Maybe Sony can pitch in and help get the HD Collection going like they did Grim Fandango?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

Yu Suzuki wanted to make Shenmue 3 and now i guess he will focus on that. After it's finished and if it was a success i guess they will consider HD remakes of Shenmue 1 and 2.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Drakul » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:44 am

Let's just say if SEGA doesn't do it now then they never will.
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 pm

People should let the guys at Sony like Gio Corsi, Shuhei Yoshida and Adam Boyes know that they want Shenmue 1&2 HD. The hype is bigger now for Shenmue then it will be again until Shenmue III comes out. It's a chance to get more people to do stuff like a tweetathon. Sony have shown they take this building the list thing serious, they've also shown they have a good relationship with SEGA by getting Yakuza 5 localized and Shenmue III made. In the next month or two we should organize something and let them know we want to carry over our capsule toys from the first game to the last.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Henry Spencer, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kaven » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 pm

The way things have been going at Sega these days, it's like they're allergic to money and want to go bankrupt. They have to realize that re-releasing Shenmue I and II (along with Skies of Arcadia) would be profitable.

Kaven has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, NSN2014
Kaven

Currently playing: Board Games

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Riku Rose wrote: In the next month or two we should organize something and let them know we want to carry over our capsule toys from the first game to the last.

:rotflmao:
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Considering SEGA's track record I'm gonna say they probably won't do diddly poop.

elmatto has received a thanks from: NSN2014
elmatto

Postby NSN2014 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:03 pm

My friend owned a copy of the first game. His Dreamcast never cooperated and he was unable to finish it past, ironically, looking for sailors. Still, he's always followed our struggle to get this game made, and now that it's a reality, he asked, "where does that leave me?"

It really is a tough spot. On the one hand, I'm totally content with Shenmue III, but on the other, as a supporter of the property, I'd love to see new players get the chance to experience Shenmue. And really, an HD release could only help our community. There's still some time to come up with a solution. I only hope that Sega seizes the opportunity...
NSN2014

Postby raunchy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:22 pm

the problem with HD shenmue is that the franchise doesnt have indie cred nor a strong visual presentation anymore. i doubt people buying S1/S2 HD will be like "wow these games are so amazing and quirky, i'm going to rush out to get S3" its really just fan service releasing them at this point.
raunchy

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Waiting for Fall games

Postby James Brown » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 pm

raunchy wrote: the problem with HD shenmue is that the franchise doesnt have indie cred nor a strong visual presentation anymore. i doubt people buying S1/S2 HD will be like "wow these games are so amazing and quirky, i'm going to rush out to get S3" its really just fan service releasing them at this point.

Yeah but they'll also hopefully realise that even though these games have been released in HD, the content is still 15 years old, and just being able to fall in love with the story before the third game to fully immerse themselves will be such a great asset imo.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Next

Return to Shenmue III