French interview of Yu Suzuki :) Arcade room stretch goal!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

French interview of Yu Suzuki :) Arcade room stretch goal!

Postby Shenman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Hey everyone it's been a long time,
I'm translating right now some information to you, they are from this video :

phpBB [video]

At 1:01 : The announcement was very exciting, Shenmue 3 will be the direct sequel to Shenmue 2 ... (He makes a joke about ryo not being in the game.) Suzuki said the dog from later Shenmue could be replaced by a bear or a goat.

At 1:55 : Suzuki said that there were lots of big announcement at Sony conference and he was wondering if Shenmue 3 would have the same welcome applause as the others ... When he heard the applause, he was confident of the warm welcome of Shenmue 3

At 2:24 : Speaking about the idea of the kickstarter (the idea was almost launch by the interviewer) he said it is Ryan Payton that gave him the idea...

At 2:50 : "Does Shenmue 3 will contain arcade games ?"

Answer : "It is a very good idea indeed, I thought about it without taking a final decision. BUT There is an arcade room that will be added to the stretch goal of the kickstarter campaign. So it is a possibility" !

- At 3:43 it is asked : "What was Sega's role ?"

Answer : "they gave us all we needed about episode 1 and 2 for Shenmue 3 conception. And as I'm still advisor at Sega we have a strong trust relationship."

- At 4:10 : "About E3 footage"

Answer : "this is the actual game, we are using Unreal Engine 4 to build the game. It is still a prototype but what you saw was not a movie or a video but actual gameplay"

- At 4:30 : "About Cédric Biscay role"

Answer : "Cédric understand Japanese culture very well, through animes, video game and japanese cinema. He and his company help us to link Japan to the rest of the world, specifically Europe where he will do the marketing of the game."

- At 5:00 Interviewer ask Cedric Biscay : "How you were involved with the creation of Shenmue 3 ?"

Answer : "I'm a huge fan of Shenmue and we simply spoke about it the first time we met and as weird as it seemed, we were involved in it"

Question : "You business is french and you were like the leader that made Shenmue possible ?"

Answer : "Well i must stay humble but reality is that we were the starting point and it is important to say that the company is from Monaco, not France. We have now a branch in Japan so it is a great opportunity for us. it is been 13 years that we worked with Japan."

Question : "Can you tell us more about your role even if Suzuki san already told us a little bit ?"

Answer : "I'm in charge to found part of the funding, to promote the game and all the PC port also. it is a lot of work.

At 6:33 : "Do we have an estimation for the shipping date of the game ?"

Aswer : "So, the date is now December 2017 if everything is ok and we have no delay in production. We know that giving a date is a source of delay but for now, there is no issue on this side."

At 7:16 They said that they will see each other again at the MAGIC the 02/27/2015 Suzuki will be invited as the video game honor guest.
Last edited by Shenman on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shenman has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, sand4fish, Supa
Shenman
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

PSN: Shenman
XBL: Shenman
Steam: Shenman
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout 4

Re: French interview of Yu Suzuki :) Arcade room stretch goa

Postby Taren Fox » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Yesssssss!!!
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:45 pm

We have to meet that Arcade room stretch goal or I will be angry...Yu won't like me when I am angry.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:15 pm

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e ... in+twitter

Time to keep the hype going, get voting people :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Luke_09 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Firstly, the fact we are getting Shenmue III is just absolutely amazing!!

I'm just a tad concerned that the E3 video was actual in-game footage, purely because I'm not that keen on Ryo's character model (particularly his face). I'm hoping they will iron that out, fingers crossed!

One other thing... do you guys think the Shenmue III font is also a bit strange? I wonder what font they will actually settle on for marketing the game, as the trailer seems to use both, the old-style original Shenmue III font and the newer, almost papyrus-like font (which looks a bit like a MS Word selection; not great).

I know this seems like absolute nit-picking, but I guess when you've been waiting so long, the traditional Shenmue elements are engraved into your mind so much! (I guess I just don't like change lol :P )
Last edited by Luke_09 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:49 pm

They will, probably they are working on it right now !
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby lavrentis » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Luke_09 wrote: Firstly, the fact we are getting Shenmue III is just absolutely amazing!!

I'm just a tad concerned that the E3 video was actual in-game footage, purely because I'm not that keen on Ryo's character model (particularly his face). I'm hoping they will iron that out, fingers crossed!

One other thing... do you guys think the Shenmue III font is also a bit strange? I wonder what font they will actually settle on for the game as the trailer seems to use both, the old-style original Shenmue III font and the newer, almost papyrus-like font (which looks a bit like a MS Word selection). I know this seems like absolute nit-picking, but I guess when you've been waiting so long, the traditional Shenmue elements are engraved into your mind so much!

I must admit I don't like Ryo's new face but if it is the way that Yu Suzuki wants it then I am totally happy with it.

I just fear he is trying to westernise his face to appeal to more people.

Yeah the logo did scare me but when the video pans over the river and when Suzuki walks on stage it has the traditional logo. I think the traditional logo is staying (instead of the one in my sig)
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Luke_09 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:57 pm

lavrentis wrote:
Luke_09 wrote: Firstly, the fact we are getting Shenmue III is just absolutely amazing!!

One other thing... do you guys think the Shenmue III font is also a bit strange? I wonder what font they will actually settle on for the game as the trailer seems to use both, the old-style original Shenmue III font and the newer, almost papyrus-like font (which looks a bit like a MS Word selection). I know this seems like absolute nit-picking, but I guess when you've been waiting so long, the traditional Shenmue elements are engraved into your mind so much!

I must admit I don't like Ryo's new face but if it is the way that Yu Suzuki wants it then I am totally happy with it.

I just fear he is trying to westernise his face to appeal to more people.

Yeah the logo did scare me but when the video pans over the river and when Suzuki walks on stage it has the traditional logo. I think the traditional logo is staying (instead of the one in my sig)

Yes that's a fair point, I guess if it's part of Yu Suzuki's vision for Shenmue III then we can't really argue with that.
I just really hope his face is changed to the more traditional Ryo. It just doesn't give a great impression when you see Ryo's face looking better in Shenmue 1+2 than it looks now.

Does anyone remember from Shenmue 1, on one of the discs (I'm not sure if it was Shenmue Passport), but there were the 'talking heads' section, where different main characters spoke about the different elements of the game?

If they used the facial model that was used for Ryo's 'talking head', that would be amazing. To me, that would have been the 'next-gen' face of Ryo for Shenmue III, i.e. it is the classic Ryo face but has much higher detail and resolution. That's what I would have imagined Shenmue 3 to have done, considering it is being made 14 years after Shenmue 2 (and with the improvements in technology etc..)

This is what I mean by 'Ryo talking head' by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoYJz5ty4k
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Return to Shenmue III