"$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby NSN2014 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm in! I'll help spread the word! Great idea!
NSN2014
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: March 2014

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby Vito » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:47 pm

I posted this on Shenmue 500k's Facebook Page. It seems to be getting a lot of attention lately.
User avatar
Vito
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Mafia

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Vito wrote: I posted this on Shenmue 500k's Facebook Page. It seems to be getting a lot of attention lately.


Awesome! I did the same but didn't see much reaction. I think I see your post Vito, thanks! It looks like there are two Shenmue500K groups. Is anyone here an admin for the one with 24,000 members? Ideally an admin should make a post about $30 on the 3rd. Should we thunderclap this effort before the 3rd?
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:12 pm

You can count me in!
User avatar
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: November 2013
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby WhiteCrane » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Newbie here. I have been reading this forum for over 10 years but I never joined, and I'm heavily involved in the Shenmue tweetathon, letter writing (pen to paper) to Sega, Sony etc... I am one of you.

I joined today because while I think this is a great plan, and I will back it to the fullest, I wish to reiterate what the mods of Shenmue 500k have been saying for the last 48 hours.

The way to raise capital is by raising awareness. That will do far more than us opening our wallets more. We need to get our of our circle, and onto other forums. If I may, my suggestion is we comment bomb as many gaming / tech forums as possible. Bring in images from the campaign. Catch peoples' eyes, get them to read.

I dropped links in:
overclock.net
Guru3D
Beyond3D

And I suggest you all do the same!

Another thing to consider. What matters more to Sony, # of backers, or $$$ raised? My experience in marketing tells me the numbers of backers is far more important. Sony will assume every backer is a guaranteed sale (even if they donate less than $29). They will also assume that for everyone who pledges, there are more people interested in buying who simply don't do kickstarter, especially after idiots like @DaveThier (I think he deleted the Tweet) on Twitter, ignorant of Sony's cash problems and budget shortfalls have basically tried to defund the kickstarter. Sony is aware of this and may assume it held back $$$ donations. The most impressive thing to show them is a huge number of backers.

While I love this forum and will support ay plan you decide is your ultimate strategy, I implore you to above all else - get out there and raise awareness. get on forums that have never heard of Shenmue. Use the promo imagery from the Kickstarter page. Show people the stretch goals.

WhiteCrane has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Upstairsmuffin
WhiteCrane
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: June 2015
PSN: WhiteCrane
Steam: [email protected]
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Puppeteer

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby shendude » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm donating more for sure. I got to get a copy to play and one to never open, and maybe even one for the PS4 just because.
shendude
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:31 pm

WhiteCrane wrote: Newbie here. I have been reading this forum for over 10 years but I never joined, and I'm heavily involved in the Shenmue tweetathon, letter writing (pen to paper) to Sega, Sony etc... I am one of you.

I joined today because while I think this is a great plan, and I will back it to the fullest, I wish to reiterate what the mods of Shenmue 500k have been saying for the last 48 hours.

The way to raise capital is by raising awareness. That will do far more than us opening our wallets more. We need to get our of our circle, and onto other forums. If I may, my suggestion is we comment bomb as many gaming / tech forums as possible. Bring in images from the campaign. Catch peoples' eyes, get them to read.

I dropped links in:
overclock.net
Guru3D
Beyond3D

And I suggest you all do the same!

Another thing to consider. What matters more to Sony, # of backers, or $$$ raised? My experience in marketing tells me the numbers of backers is far more important. Sony will assume every backer is a guaranteed sale (even if they donate less than $29). They will also assume that for everyone who pledges, there are more people interested in buying who simply don't do kickstarter, especially after idiots like @DaveThier (I think he deleted the Tweet) on Twitter, ignorant of Sony's cash problems and budget shortfalls have basically tried to defund the kickstarter. Sony is aware of this and may assume it held back $$$ donations. The most impressive thing to show them is a huge number of backers.

While I love this forum and will support ay plan you decide is your ultimate strategy, I implore you to above all else - get out there and raise awareness. get on forums that have never heard of Shenmue. Use the promo imagery from the Kickstarter page. Show people the stretch goals.

Hi WhiteCrane, thanks for joining the Dojo and especially for making a great meaningful first post.
Yes what you suggest is absolutely needed. And the bigger the forum we spread the message on the better.
At the same time yes we also have to inform said forum that Sony is not bankrolling this project and those assumptions are invalid to what Yu Suzuki has stated in various interviews.
So I for one will get started on this and keep you all posted on where ive been planting seeds.
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:44 am

If they open PayPal for us to donate this solves the 10 million issue. Each month we continue our 3rd of the month thunderbolt except this time we donate $30 each month. This is the solution if we all get behind it! Who's with me?

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter BOOST

Postby Upstairsmuffin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:00 am

Imagine if we got the majority of a whole forum to pledge just $1? $1 is such a small amount, so I'm sure many people would be willing to pledge it when convinced that this is a very significant game. That will all add up to a decent amount, and more importantly, will add many backers!

I did it with newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1393591

I'm in on the $30 on the 3rd boost too.
Last edited by Upstairsmuffin on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Upstairsmuffin
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Scotland
XBL: UpstairsMuffin
Steam: UpstairsMuffin
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby Chaikilla » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:22 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: --- UPDATE 6/20/15 ---
So Yu Suzuki needs $10 million. This is NOT unreachable. It's actually VERY reachable. If they open donations to PayPal as they've suggested it will become the avenue to Yu's goal. If we continue with the monthly thunderbolt and focus our efforts on donating $30 on the 3rd of each month we WILL hit that number. I anticipate the Kickstarter will end up earning between $6 millon and $8 million because at the end everyone who hasn't donated will scramble to get their rewards and those who have extra cash to throw at it will do that. Even if it only makes $5 million that's fine.

PayPal is the ticket after July 17! If they keep PayPal open indefinitely we can continue to give month after month. And that's where the "$30 on the 3rd" makes BIG strides for the campaign.

$30 is nothing to most people. If you are struggling to make ends meet, please take care of yourself and your family first. But for those of us who are stable enough financially we can make a HUGE impact for Shenmue. $30 each month adds up, fast!

Mods, please sticky this. I really feel like this is the best route to take. We also need to get the Shenmue Kickstarter/advertising team, Twitter, Facebook groups, the Dojo homepage and any other non-English speaking Shenmue fansites involved to promote this idea.

Stay sweaty!

-- END UPDATE --

We need to form our own campaign booster to get people who have donated to add $25-$50 to their donation. No shaming for people who may not have donated very much, we're just trying to ice the cake. Instead of the monthly tweetathon on July 3rd let's do a "$30 on the 3rd" and everyone donate an extra $30(or more).

At the current count if everyone who've already donated added $30 it would add $1.24 million to the pot!

I'll donate another $30. That's three trips to the fast food restaurant or four trips to Starbucks. Who will join me?

My twitter is pathetic, so whoever organized the tweetathon feel free to take over in boosting this effort on Twitter and Facebook. And mods, move this post around if you want to use it in the News section.

Image


Good point. I'm going to give up junk food for the duration of the Kickstarter and use the money I'd spend on crap to donate to the Kickstarter. I love challenges like this and I'll be even more motivated to do it for the game I love :heart: Join me!
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2014

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby JMan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:30 am

If YS Net make use of the PayPal feature on Shenmue.com following the Kickstarter funding campaign I'd happily donate £19 ($30) every month to the cause.
User avatar
JMan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: September 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby Upstairsmuffin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:35 am

JMan wrote: If YS Net make use of the PayPal feature on Shenmue.com following the Kickstarter funding campaign I'd happily donate £19 ($30) every month to the cause.


Kickstarter ends on 19th July though.
User avatar
Upstairsmuffin
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Scotland
XBL: UpstairsMuffin
Steam: UpstairsMuffin
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:39 am

I'm up for this!! Do we have a final decision on who will be Tweeting this out, so I can follow them?
User avatar
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby Ziming » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:11 am

I just tweeted it on the dojo's twitter page.
https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo

Shenmue Dojo's Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueDojo

Shenmue Fan's Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueFans

Ziming has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
User avatar
Ziming
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: November 2003

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you Ziming!
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net