"$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Postby FistOfTheNorthStar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:11 am

We're gonna need about 5,000 or 10,000 people to join in paying another 30 bucks in order to make a significant dent...10,000 people would be $300,000...5,000 would be $150,000 (like those math skills?) lol but we would be lucky if 5,000 or 10,000 people do this to be honest, because even with all the people that post on here or in shenmue500k on facebook, I don't see THAT many people commenting on topics.. :/ As long as we get $5,000,000 I'll be happy. We will get a full game with at least one village that has full immersion. better than nothin'
FistOfTheNorthStar
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Ziming » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

New $30 on the 3rd banners by Ricardo Valverde.

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, Hazuki_san, johnvivant, Nankeiro
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/

elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby benayun88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

DUDE YOU ROCK - The site looks Amazinggggg - sharing now.
benayun88
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: shenmue1

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:28 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

You are a hero! I will share this everywhere!
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby joka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 am

Really good site Elf!

The only thing I'd say is remove or reword the 'I think some of you can give more than $30' as that's an almost negative way to end.

Maybe say $30 is just the recommended amount for this campaign and if you can give more please do so.

Question on this (probably answeredb so apologies if so) but can I open a new KS account and use the same card as my existing pledge to do this as a new backer so I get another digital copy?

I want to support this by pledging more and also want to get my friends to check Shenmue out and this would cover both :)

joka has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby ARokitLawnChair » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 am

If you think about it, once we hit 4 million we'll get back in the news for the major sites again and if this happens before the 30 on the 3rd boost all the better
ARokitLawnChair
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: ARokitLawnChair
XBL: ARokitLawnChair

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks for everyone's support! I've made a few suggested changes and even added a POLL! Go tell everyone how much you're going to donate!

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: joka
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:27 pm

I wrote one in Portuguese if you want to use it to appeal the cause to Portuguese & Brazilian fans.

Então Yu Suzuki precisa de $11 milhões. Isso não é impossível. É na verdade muito possível. Se o time do Awesome Japan abrir a opção do Paypal para doações como eles já sugeriram, isso se tornará um novo meio para Yu poder alcançar o seu objetivo. Se continuarmos a realçar o nosso esforço em doar $30 dólares no dia 3 de cada mês nós certamente iremos atingir a meta.

Se $30 dólares é muito para alguns, não tem problema. Afinal a sua saúde e a sua família tomam precedência acima de tudo. Mas para aqueles que possuem equilíbrio financeiro, nós podemos fazer uma grande diferença para Shenmue 3. E eventualmente $30 dólares de cada um todo mês virarão 11 milhões!

PS. I used this little excerpt as a base:
So Yu Suzuki needs $10 million. This is NOT unreachable. It's actually VERY reachable. If they open donations to PayPal as they've suggested it will become the avenue to Yu's goal. If we continue with the monthly thunderbolt and focus our efforts on donating $30 on the 3rd of each month we WILL hit that number. I anticipate the Kickstarter will end up earning between $6 millon and $8 million because at the end everyone who hasn't donated will scramble to get their rewards and those who have extra cash to throw at it will do that. Even if it only makes $5 million that's fine.

PayPal is the ticket after July 17! If they keep PayPal open indefinitely we can continue to give month after month. And that's where the "$30 on the 3rd" makes BIG strides for the campaign.

$30 is nothing to most people. If you are struggling to make ends meet, please take care of yourself and your family first. But for those of us who are stable enough financially we can make a HUGE impact for Shenmue. $30 each month adds up, fast!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Cédric Bislay :
(about the possibility of active paypal after kickstarter like Star Citizen)
"Yu is informed about this possibility"

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: James Brown
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ARokitLawnChair » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:03 pm

My biggest fear is the 3rd comes around and it comes out like a damp squib then a thunderous fart.
ARokitLawnChair
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: ARokitLawnChair
XBL: ARokitLawnChair

Postby mrandyk » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:47 pm

ARokitLawnChair wrote: My biggest fear is the 3rd comes around and it comes out like a damp squib then a thunderous fart.

No need to fear anything. I think it will just be interesting to see the reach we have had with this campaign and very tangible measure of our impact.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:14 pm

The 150-something who have voted in the 30onthe3rd.com poll have pledged $6,390. And that's just the ones who've voted. Some may not have been to the site. So with five more days of Facebook and Twitter I think Yu should get a nice boost.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

We also need to think about one last campaign between the 3rd and the last day. I know most will be squeezing out everything they have on the 3rd but it seems to work with PBS and televangelists. It could just be for those who missed the 3rd campaign to make the last day count or something. And of course it would help if they added more reward tiers.

EDIT
Also be sure to follow me(@nicknichols2049), @shenmue_dojo and @thegamefor3. Then retweet our stuff like crazy. I really don't care about gaining followers and only used my employers Twitter before $30 on the 3rd but once I saw how bad awesome Japan was doing I figured it was only going to get better if WE made it better. So now I'm glad when I see a few follow me. I even got a follow from Corey Marshall. I sat up so fast in bed last night my wife thought it was a bug. That was really exciting.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: johnvivant
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:48 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: We also need to think about one last campaign between the 3rd and the last day. I know most will be squeezing out everything they have on the 3rd but it seems to work with PBS and televangelists. It could just be for those who missed the 3rd campaign to make the last day count or something. And of course it would help if they added more reward tiers.

yeah, after '30 on the 3rd' attention and effort will need to shift to a new campaign which concentrates on securing the maximum amount of pledges over the last 2 days.

its will need a name;
how about:
"Final chance to pledge and realize 'The full-on Shenmue experience' "(although thats too long.)

something that conveys the urgency of a last chance, but is also short and catchy.

i'll need to think more about it.
maybe some people can make suggestions
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III