We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's funding

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:31 am

You should message everyone on Facebook that has ever liked Shenmue insisting they donate!
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby LucBu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:42 am

shredingskin wrote:
LucBu wrote:
- Stem false articles by contacting the writer or pressurizing through popular means.

They'll say that Shenmue fans are violent, and the facists of the gaming world.

Clickbait be clickbait.

Sadly the only/best thing we can do is "not feeding the trolls".

When I said contact the writers I was thinking more like pointing the journalists to contrary sources. Like this $10 milion quote from Yu, and reminding them that Sony's pledge is vague and that Yu suspects that it'll primarily be funded by Kickstarter. Some of them may be willing to update their articles, some not so.

I don't think Shenmue fans are known/will be known as violent. Or facists. Passionate and tenacious, but not violent and facist.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shenmueilike » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:45 am

Sonoshee wrote: I've seen idiots posting the same thing about Sony footing the entire development cost on Eurogamer, IGN and even in the Kickstarter comments. I'm doing my best to try to convince them otherwise but it's not sinking in. :roll:

have you noticed that why sony shows up to anounce that they will help to develop shenmue3 just at the time the kickstater had just exceeded 2M dollars ?many people stoped funding by the information what about sony will help shenmue team out .they all thought sony will pay whole the budget shenmue3 need.
if sony haven't do that ,maybe the account of shenmue3 on kicksarter could get more money ....
what is sony doing ?
shenmueilike
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:37 am

Good news! Cedric Biscay: "An official statement is on the way regarding that topic."
https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 9020524546

Hopefully it isn't tucked away in the bottom of the KS page.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:45 pm

I'm upping this topic because I spotted something wrong about an information presented by the OP :

I find the mention nowhere in the Axm and Switch's translation of his Famitsu interview.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Switch » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:15 am

Yokosuka wrote:I'm upping this topic because I spotted something wrong about an information presented by the OP :

I find the mention nowhere in the Axm and Switch's translation of his Famitsu interview.

I think this may be based on the Japanese Famitsu article summary posted on NeoGAF which has the following line:
As far as money goes, he expects the game's investment will primarily come from individual backers, so he wants them all to be happy with the finished product.

Going back to examine the original interview text, Suzuki's exact words are that he thinks that individuals form the heart/core of the backers. This is the corresponding part from the Dojo's translation:
Suzuki: I think every one of the people who invested in this project has a leading role in it and I hope each one of them enjoy it.

To an extent it depends on how literally you interpret his words, and how much is implied.

So yeah, I don't think Yu Suzuki gave enough information to make a definitive conclusion about the relative funding contribution from Kickstarter (assuming that is based on this comment).

Switch has received 2 thanks from: PacemaŜinobo, Yokosuka
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:25 am

its a shame we didn't think to ask him directly during one of the q&a's;

'Will the majority of the game's funding come from the Kickstarter backers?'

but i don't think it matters really. the better the kickstarter does the better the game is regardless.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:29 pm

I read an old interview of Andrew House of Sony (June 17th) :

Are you going to publish Shenmue 3 ?
AH : I don't know if we are going any further than that. But we will fund it as the Kickstarter has already reached its goal in less of 24 hours.

I think that 4 million (double the initial goal) was the condition to earn the PS4 physical disc. So no regret about not having released the disc in the first days as Sony disagreed.
His anwser also shows that there are few chances to see Sony investing in development after the kickstarter end, unfortunately.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Previous

Return to Shenmue III