How will Shenmue III start?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

How will Shenmue III start?

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 am

Personally I think it starts either immediately after III ended, or right on the start of disc 4 and they'll be remaking the entire ending into the beginning.

I mean, if disc 4 was actually a sort of epilogue and originally meant to be the start of Shenmue III, this makes a lot of sense.

Also as strange as it may sound, I hope everything about it stays the same. Yes, give me that glorious floating, glowing sword in the beautiful Guilin caves in full HD.

And if you'll notice, the kickstarter video is a proto of the beginning of disc 4 as well... so yeah!
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: How will Shenmue III start?

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:32 am

Hopefully with shenhua pulling her panties down and ryo saying "let's get sweaty".

I don't know why, but I think that it'll start at Shenhua's house talking about what happened in the cave, with some sort of flashback.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:40 am

I honestly hope it does start at the begining of disc 4. You can have a short intro of Ryo staring down Lan Di from the Yellow Head Building and everything that happened there and at Ren's hide out and then immidiately follow up to the cut scene when Ryo is just arriving to Guilin.

It just seems fitting to start Guilin at the start of Guilin. Not half way through in a cave, without seeing the sword.
PLUS theirs a TON f important dialogue that occured on disc 4 and that can be used for the new conversation rapport system Yu Suzuki is working in.

Ofcourse all depending on budget.. and by the looks of the kickstarter slowing down. We need more backers. Especially since its confirmed the Kickstarter is the primary source of funding and Sony is NOT bankrolling this.

Axm has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby TheThirdComing » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:41 am

I was thinking the same thing - regarding starting at the beginning of disc 4. Iv'e always felt the the conclusion to Shenmue 2 was within the rooftop and that the content of disc 4 was a link for inbetween 2-3. I'd be content with picking up from there again :)
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 am

shredingskin wrote: I don't know why, but I think that it'll start at Shenhua's house talking about what happened in the cave, with some sort of flashback.

Exactly what I think. A chapter reboot would really disturb me.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:45 am

Axm wrote: I honestly hope it does start at the begining of disc 4. You can have a short intro of Ryo staring down Lan Di from the Yellow Head Building and everything that happened there and at Ren's hide out and then immidiately follow up to the cut scene when Ryo is just arriving to Guilin.

It just seems fitting to start Guilin at the start of Guilin. Not half way through in a cave, without seeing the sword.
PLUS theirs a TON f important dialogue that occured on disc 4 and that can be used for the new conversation rapport system Yu Suzuki is working in.

Ofcourse all depending on budget.. and by the looks of the kickstarter slowing down. We need more backers. Especially since its confirmed the Kickstarter is the primary source of funding and Sony is NOT bankrolling this.

Yes, I thought of that as well. It'd be really awesome to see what Shenhua thinks of you depending on what you tell her about Nozomi and your family as well.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am

With a video of of Yu Suzuki in his new ferrari saying "thanks for the money, losers" then driving off leaving the end credits to roll featuring the names of everyone who pledged to the kickstarter.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Lan Di steps into the room and steals the Phoenix Mirror.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Cave. We have all dreaded the damn place for all of these years, there's nothing more impactful then getting out of it.

Yama has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:25 pm

It will start by pressing the Start button. Duhhh....

Seriously though, I think he will cater to the fans and resume right at the cave. Especially since the first stretch goal has been met which will be the Shenmue 1 and 2 short clips or whatever they will be. I bet you will have the option to watch them first and then get right into the game.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Shenmuehua » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Yama wrote: Cave. We have all dreaded the damn place for all of these years, there's nothing more impactful then getting out of it.

Completely agree with a nice dialogue evoking it. Sure of it. From the few things that has been done to today on Shenmue III it is clear that Yu Suzuki is very thanksful to "all the fans".
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 pm

It will begin with Ryo waking up at Shenhua's house after his first night there. He will remember a dream about a floating sword and laser beams and will call it stupid. Then Ryo and Shenhua travel to the cave for real and find the huge mirrors without all the magic stuff. That's just my idea of how and ideal start to me could be. I've had this idea for years.

It would be cool to play the entire Guilin chapter again, maybe with a bit less walking and talking.
Shenhua is definately becoming super important to the story and gameplay so the meeting with her has to happen again at the start of the game. A flashback or digest movie simply won't be enough.

Starting in the cave right at the point where the final cutscene ended would be awesome in a way but that ending is so cut off and the cliffhanger so huge that there is just no way to get people who are new to Shenmue or haven't played them in ages into the game.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Vito » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:36 pm

shredingskin wrote: Hopefully with shenhua pulling her panties down and ryo saying "let's get sweaty".

You are messed.
Last edited by Vito on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vito
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Mafia

Postby spinksy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:37 pm

I have been thinking about this today -I was surprised the whole cave thing was not mentioned or shown at all.

Although Ryo and Shenhua walking beside the river was a great scene to show.
spinksy

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 pm

After being 14 years thinking about his future he decided to go back and finishing school, he destroyed the mirror and when lan di found about it he remembered he is a fucking millionaire in his prime and didn't gave a shit.

Bought another black car because the old one had kitty blood all over it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Next

Return to Shenmue III