Getting Sega involved

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Getting Sega involved

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Did anyone from Sega at least acknowledged that the Kickstarter is there yet? The have to notice this, they have to make a statement about it!

How about we try and reach out to Sega to get involved with the project. They need to know, they need to get this shoved in their faces. I'm sure Yu Suzuki will contact them at some point but maybe we should make clear that Shenmue III should happen with Sega involved. Also we could tell them how good HD Remake would sell now with the big increase in interest and demand.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Getting Sega involved

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:28 pm

As most people here would agree, I would love for this to happen, but I am going to play devil's advocate here for a sec. Lets assume that every kickstarter backer were to also purchase Shenmue 1/2 HD. As of now we are at about 43k backers. Lets assume by the end of the campaign we get to 50k backers. If an HD release came out at lets say $20 USD that would mean a total profit of $1 million. Is that really worth it for sega to do that much work for a small return of $1 million. Once again, the problem with Shenmue is that people do not know what it is. We need to change that ASAP or else we will not get an HD Shenmue re-release.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Rakim » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 pm

One of youse guys should bug the SEGA twitter people for a retweet and they'd probably cave to that much. Try Sumo Digital too if they haven't already made a public comment.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:36 pm

i hope Sega allows Suzuki access to all the assets he needs from the previous games. HE HAS TO SECURE RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC!

a little bit of sega funding wouldn't hurt either, but who knows.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:28 pm

So... can someone who has a bigger twitter acount and more experience in using it then I have do this please?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:04 pm

I've been on Sega.com recently and it's actually kind of saddening that there's not a single word about S3 on there. One could at least expect a small bit like "Hey everybody, one of our biggest brands is finally gonna be continued. It's not developed at Sega anymore but we have licensed the IP out to Shenmue's creator, Sega legend Yu Suzuki who has his own company now. The love for our brand Shenmue is still so big it even has a record-breaking kickstarter. For more information please visit the games official website shenmue.link.

I don't see what harm this could have done to Sega. On the contrary, I think it would have given Sega good publicity since it is still their brand.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:18 pm

I hate to say it, but I gave up on Sega years ago. The Sega I grew up with is still my favorite gaming company of all time, but the last decade has been awful.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Marcelinho
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Return to Shenmue III