Campaign to get Sony to make statement about involvement

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Campaign to get Sony to make statement about involvement

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:45 am

Okay. So if you read the gameindustry.biz article found here and read the comments, there's intense misinformation out there, no one knows what's going on, developers are offended, and rescinding their donations. The media is making this come off as a scam due to Sony's involvement. This is a huge problem.

We need to do something about this:

1. Bombard any article about this in the comments section and set the record straight. Here's GIbiz article. We need to bombard the comments and call them out on their spreading misinformation and harming this campaign.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... evelopment

2. We need to tweet Adam Boyes en mass telling him to make an official formal statement that Sony is NOT funding the entire game and that and that most of the donations will be coming from the Kickstarter because YSNet and Awesome Japan's media and communication is so. fucking. terrible that no one knows what's going on anymore. His Twitter is @amboyes We need to tweet him en mass but not today because today's fathers days and that would be insensitive. We should do it on Monday.

DO THIS, DO IT NOW.
Last edited by Himuro on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Re: Campaign to get Sony to make statement about involvement

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:50 am

I don't think we need to campaign. Has anyone just tweeted him or Gio to ask for clarification and make a formal statement about it? Apparently they've been pretty cool about shit in the past.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:52 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: I don't think we need to campaign. Has anyone just tweeted him or Gio to ask for clarification and make a formal statement about it? Apparently they've been pretty cool about shit in the past.

I just tweeted him. Tweet him the GIbiz article and tell him to read the comments from the developers.
Last edited by Himuro on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:02 am

I agree something needs to be done. It's having a hugely negative effect on the campaign. It's a good idea, we need to get the facts out there and having Sony or Yu Suzuki or someone official making a statement is essential.

I have noticed a number of times that the funding total has gone down quite significantly (I'm not the only one) and this is worrying. It could be trolls or people who suddenly think they can't afford to put in what they initially pledged, but it could also be people backing out due to this misinformation and negative press.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:04 am

They have already explained the nature of their deal with yu suzuki countless times.

Will Sony support the game? Yes.
Will Sony fund the game? No.

As simple as that. Sadly, click bait sells.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 am

They haven't made an official definitive statement. There has been lots of miscommunication even within Sony. This is why this is needed.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Reprise
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:16 am

They've stated several times about their involvement. WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT LISTENING!?

From Sony alone.

Dan Hsu has commented.
Andrew House has commented.
Adam Boyes as commented.
Shouhei Yoshida commented.
Gio Corsi has commented.

They are providing a bit of funds towards the development of the PS4 version of the game, and providing marketing for the game in exchange for PS4 console exclusivity. They also allowed the announcement of the kickstarter and Yu Suzuki on their E3 stage. There is nothing left to be said.

Fucking people need to stop clogging their ears and eyes up with hyperbolic cotton. These arguments are fluff from those unwilling to accept the stated answers.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby darkratchet » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:19 am

Maybe tweet to Jim sterling or Total Biscuit as well.
darkratchet
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:28 am

I dont understand this, campaigin goes really well on kickstarter. Its not like drop in 1m$ because of Sony. Even if they make a statement that they not funding the game, campaigin wont raise like 10m in a day. Its just impossible, no other game made even 6m and we talking about 10!
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:42 am

The problem is 1:42 in this video...

phpBB [video]
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: The problem is 1:42 in this video...

phpBB [video]

I saw your first video as well :P

JohnBlack has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
JohnBlack

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:49 am

I was tempted to leave it there.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: JohnBlack
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Phong » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:54 am

Sony wanted to make it seem like they were backing it more than they actually were because they wanted to look good. They wanted the PR and later, while they were doing damage control, that's exactly what they said.

The reason they won't disclose how much they're contributing is because is so little that it would make them look bad (or less impressive than they want to look in any case).

All those comments from Corsi about "absolutely making this a reality" were in no context at all with $70 million or whatever bloated figures are going around for the original Shenmue budget. Corsi let his mouth run off in order to make himself and his company look good.

That's how it looks to me, anyways. That's WAY more plausible to me than the idea that Sony is throwing tens of millions of dollars at Shenmue after doing "market research" with the Kickstarter, I mean what? :roll:

Phong has received a thanks from: Himuro
Phong

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:29 am

millions of dollars at Shenmue after doing "market research" with the Kickstarter

Well its not working like that, its not working like one guy at Sony decide where to throw money.
I mean, Sony is a big corporation, and there is a lot of people who controls everything, theres CEO, there is board of directors and so on. And most of the people at this level dont know what Shenmue is.(Some even dont know what videogames is \:D/ ). The thing here is to show to all this guys what you planning to do and make them intersted in your product. So what Adam Boyes said in interview is that they cant just go to the Sony heads and show them facebook page and ask for money. But now they can show kickstarter campaigin to investors. Like "here, we have minimal budget to finish the game, we have more than 40k people paid for this", so there is no risk that game can be declined or something, because they have own money to do that.
JohnBlack

Postby Phong » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 am

JohnBlack wrote:
millions of dollars at Shenmue after doing "market research" with the Kickstarter

Well its not working like that, its not working like one guy at Sony decide where to throw money.
I mean, Sony is a big corporation, and there is a lot of people who controls everything, theres CEO, there is board of directors and so on. And most of the people at this level dont know what Shenmue is.(Some even dont know what videogames is \:D/ ). The thing here is to show to all this guys what you planning to do and make them intersted in your product. So what Adam Boyes said in interview is that they cant just go to the Sony heads and show them facebook page and ask for money. But now they can show kickstarter campaigin to investors. Like "here, we have minimal budget to finish the game, we have more than 40k people paid for this", so there is no risk that game can be declined or something, because they have own money to do that.

Sure, that is after all what kickstarters are for, to get a project going so it can more easily grow and build up momentum. But if that scenario was in effect Suzuki wouldn't be asking us for $10 mil to make it open world. Otherwise he'd be lying. Everytime people say that any more Kickstarter money is subsidizing Sony they are accusing Suzuki of fraud and they have no basis for that. No evidence. The only thing they have are some imprecise PR-speak from Sony trying to make themselves look good but which were eventually clarified to state that no such relationship had been made. Shenmue is not a first party Sony game. Sony has not fully funded it. Those are the facts.
Phong

Next

Return to Shenmue III