Live TV Show - Raising Money In Gaming

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Live TV Show - Raising Money In Gaming

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 am

A friend of mine on Twitter (who I'd like to keep confidential) told me this Friday he will be taking part in a live show on TV about raising money in gaming events. He does a lot of this kind of thing, usually involving raising funds for sick children. He's raised many thousands of Euro's in past events. I spoke to him this morning about the Shenmue Kickstarter and he said he will mention it and try to get some more traffic sent our way. I've asked for more information about it and will keep you all informed.
Last edited by Sonoshee on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: Ealynn, Sonne2
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Live TV Show - Raising Money In Gaming

Postby Sonne2 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 am

Thank You!
Sonne2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:41 am

They are German stations, RTL Explosiv and RTL Nachtjournal - pretty big in Germany from what I understand.
Last edited by Sonoshee on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 am

RTL is the name of the TV station. The progams names are Explosiv and Nachtjournal (night journal - duh!). I'll see if I can record it and put it on YT if he mentions Shenmue.

On a side note: RTL is the biggest private TV station on the German market. Only the two major state owned stations are bigger.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:59 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: RTL is the name of the TV station. The progams names are Explosiv and Nachtjournal (night journal - duh!). I'll see if I can record it and put it on YT if he mentions Shenmue.

On a side note: RTL is the biggest private TV station on the German market. Only the two major state owned stations are bigger.

Thank you for the clarification. He told me it will be around midnight German time. I understand that channel broadcasts in 4 different countries? Germany, Austria ... don't remember the other two :sad: So it should hit a big-ish audience? Just a shame about the time that it's on. He was telling me he raised over 112 thousand Euros in one 48 hour event (different interviews spread over various programs).
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 am

Update: I usually don't watch TV, so I just looked up the two programs on the Internet. They're both on daily!

@Sonoshee: You don't happen to know what day you're buddy will be on, do you? Because frankly, I don't wanna record an hour of those bullshiht programs every day, let alone watch it. 8-

EDIT: Well, it should be German-speaking countries. ;-) I reckon the other two could be Switzerland and a smaller one like Luxemburg or Liechtenstein or whatever. Exposure should be quite big however. Oh, and Explosiv is on at 6pm every day.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 am

Friday :)
He says it could be anytime on Explosiv, but he's scheduled for 24:00 (midnight) for a longer interview on Nachtjournal. Hope this helps.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:18 am

OK, great. I'll try to find a way to record that Friday episode of Nachtjournal then. Thanks for clearing that up! =D> Please note that I'm not quite sure how to do that right now, so I hope I won't screw up. I usually don't use my TV apart from watching DVDs and the occasional live football (soccer) match. :D

Anyways, if they mention Shenmue, I'll try to upload the Shenmue bit on Youtube with English subtitles for every one in the Dojo to see. Not sure if RTL will let me do that however. It's not unlikely they'll have YT delete the video for copyright reasons, but I'll try anyway. If that doesn't work I should at least be able to give everyone a written translation of what the programme said on Shenmue.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:12 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: I reckon the other two could be Switzerland and a smaller one like Luxemburg or Liechtenstein or whatever. Exposure should be quite big however. Oh, and Explosiv is on at 6pm every day.

According to Wikipedia it's distributed in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Croatia and the Netherlands. Many high purchasing power countries in this list.

Anyways, if they mention Shenmue, I'll try to upload the Shenmue bit on Youtube with English subtitles for every one in the Dojo to see. Not sure if RTL will let me do that however. It's not unlikely they'll have YT delete the video for copyright reasons, but I'll try anyway. If that doesn't work I should at least be able to give everyone a written translation of what the programme said on Shenmue.

Great. And yes, I don't think they could do anything against a written translation. Your work, not theirs.
PacemaŜinobo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:17 am

If it's going to be shown on RTL then it's both wow awesome but also bad. A lot of people will watch it but you can forget about putting it on YouTube. RTL tends to take down uploads of their shows within minutes.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 am

BlueMue wrote: If it's going to be shown on RTL then it's both wow awesome but also bad. A lot of people will watch it but you can forget about putting it on YouTube. RTL tends to take down uploads of their shows within minutes.

I thought so. Well, I guess I'm gonna post the interview in written form on here then.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III