How was Shenmue II released on Dreamcast in Europe Anyway?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: How was Shenmue II released on Dreamcast in Europe Anywa

Postby Superrayman3 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:36 am

Zoltor wrote: It all has to do with a certain scumbag named Peter Moore, who sold out both Sega and the NA release of Shenmue 2, to net his scumbag self a job at MS(That evil prick is now the CEO of EA, the root of all evil, so go figure sigh).

Just to add to this Peter actually told a story in an interview with Gaming Steve a few years ago about an incident at the O'hare International airport, when he got to the place where you're supposed to present your passport (this was post 9/11 so security was tight at the time) the TSA agent that was checking passports said to him and I'm quoting Peter Moore here "I don't need to see your passport you're the asshole that gave away Shenmue to XBOX" and the sad part is that statement was 100% true.

Here's a video with the story for anyone that wants to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn2c4vbU44s

Superrayman3 has received a thanks from: Telekill
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby Zoltor » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:59 am

Superrayman3 wrote:
Zoltor wrote: It all has to do with a certain scumbag named Peter Moore, who sold out both Sega and the NA release of Shenmue 2, to net his scumbag self a job at MS(That evil prick is now the CEO of EA, the root of all evil, so go figure sigh).

Just to add to this Peter actually told a story in an interview with Gaming Steve a few years ago about an incident at the O'hare International airport, when he got to the place where you're supposed to present your passport (this was post 9/11 so security was tight at the time) the TSA agent that was checking passports said to him and I'm quoting Peter Moore here "I don't need to see your passport you're the asshole that gave away Shenmue to XBOX" and the sad part is that statement was 100% true.

Here's a video with the story for anyone that wants to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised one bit, that guy has this stupid smug look on his face pretty much all the time, and he has the overall look of a super villain you would think only existed in movies(seriously, they should cast him as a villain in a Superman movie, if they ever make more), so no doubt he stood out like a sore thumb.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:33 am

Superrayman3 wrote:

It's quite fascinating.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:19 am

Superrayman3 wrote:

great story! kudo's to the airport guy
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:18 pm

phpBB [video]

This just shows you how pissed some people were.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: strider16
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby strider16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:13 pm

shengoro86 wrote:
phpBB [video]

This just shows you how pissed some people were.

Security guard, please, manifest, I know you're here!! :lol:
strider16
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Portal Stories: Mel

Postby Zoltor » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:06 pm

I can't believe a weasel like Peter Moore could be married, nevermind have kids(It's hard to believe some woman could marry him, have kids, and still not know what kind of monster he is).

As for the security guard, I wish I could meet him, just so I could shake his hand, and thank him.

Who needs to fear terrorists when someone like Peter Moore has a position of power, what's even more scary, is he has more money then most politicians at this point I'm sure, and we all know what he wants to turn the gaming industry into as a whole while he's in control of EA, can you imagine what damage on a global scale someone like him would cause, if they became president of America.

We think Bush was bad, someone like Peter Moore would make Bush look like a saint in comparison. He has absolutely no shame in what he does, he doesn't even try to deny such, he admits it, and always with a smug face on too.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Zoltor wrote: I can't believe a weasel like Peter Moore could be married, nevermind have kids(It's hard to believe some woman could marry him, have kids, and still not know what kind of monster he is).

As for the security guard, I wish I could meet him, just so I could shake his hand, and thank him.

Who needs to fear terrorists when someone like Peter Moore has a position of power, what's even more scary, is he has more money then most politicians at this point I'm sure, and we all know what he wants to turn the gaming industry into as a whole while he's in control of EA, can you imagine what damage on a global scale someone like him would cause, if they became president of America.

We think Bush was bad, someone like Peter Moore would make Bush look like a saint in comparison. He has absolutely no shame in what he does, he doesn't even try to deny such, he admits it, and always with a smug face on too.

Peter Moore and Bush did two totally different things. I don't think a comparison with them two is a very good one...

I think I may be the only person who has respect for Peter Moore. Sure he fucked Shenmue but as a business man myself, I professionally respect him. I've done shady shit myself.

I also think that holding grudges is childish. We are pretty much all adults now so lets act like it.
I'm also a big fan of Jeff Gertsmann, although he said Shenmue is a forklift simulator.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Zoltor » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:09 pm

No, comes down to the same, grasping for power, by any means, and you forget, the Shenmue 2 thing is the least of his crimes.

Aside from talking Sega into stepping out of the hardware industry, lets see what evil BS he has been upto lately, oh yea, talking MS into making their XBOX One into some DRM machine, to fill his own evil desires.

MS really needs to stop putting their trust in a monster like that.

You see, most companies that want DRM, are under the false belif it will stop piricing or they are doing it to stop people from buying said game(s) used while the game is still in print.

Oh no, EA , as in Peter Moore wants it for another reason, he wants it so he can dictate how long even legit customers can play said game(s) in general, this way when their carbon copy, so called newer games comes out, they can prevent people from playing the games they have, so rather they want the new POS or not, they're going to have to buy it.

It's really Isn't much different then any BS, even the worst politicians would try to pull. Luckily Peter Moore is a god damn showboat, so It's easy to spot a problem before it even comes forward.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Zoltor wrote:No, comes down to the same, grasping for power, by any means, and you forget, the Shenmue 2 thing is the least of his crimes.

Aside from talking Sega into stepping out of the hardware industry, lets see what evil BS he has been upto lately, oh yea, talking MS into making their XBOX One into some DRM machine, to fill his own evil desires.

You see, most companies that want DRM, are under the false belif it will stop piricing or they are doing it to stop people from buying said game(s) used while the game is still in print.

Oh no, EA , as in Peter Moore wants it for another reason, he wants it so he can dictate how long even legit customers can play said game(s) in general, this way when their carbon copy, so called newer games comes out, they can prevent people from playing the games they have, so rather they want the new POS or not, they're going to have to buy it.

It's really Isn't much different then any BS, even the worst politicians would try to pull. Luckily Peter Moore is a god damn showboat, so It's easy to spot a problem before it even comes forward.

I haven't heard of some of this.
Sources?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Zoltor » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:58 pm

shengoro86 wrote:
Zoltor wrote:No, comes down to the same, grasping for power, by any means, and you forget, the Shenmue 2 thing is the least of his crimes.

You see, most companies that want DRM, are under the false belief it will stop piracy or they are doing it to stop people from buying said game(s) used while the games are still in print.

Oh no, EA, as in Peter Moore wants it for another reason, he wants it so he can dictate how long even legit customers can play said game(s) in general, this way when their carbon copy, so called newer games comes out, they can prevent people from playing the games they have, so rather they want the new POS or not, they're going to have to buy it.

Itreally Isn't much different then any BS, even the worst politicians would try to pull. Luckily Peter Moore is a god damn showboat, so It's easy to spot a problem before it even comes forward.

Sources?

It's no secret that EA basically owns the XBOX division of MS, if EA didn't make games for the XBOX consoles, like 80% of the library would go poof. Sadly MS doesn't know jack about the gaming industry, so because Peter Moore use to work for them, and did so much for them, they listen to him like slaves to a cult.

We know exactly how MS reacts on their own when there's a perceived issue, they find a way to turn such into their favor, which this DRM BS, especially implemented like it was going to be, helps no one, and only EA would think such is a good plan.

As far the talking Sega out of the hardware industry, that was the 2nd part of the Senmue 2 deal, to net his weasel ass a job at MS, which he actually admits talking Sega into discontinuing the DC, and stepping out of the hardware industry(orchestrating the fall of a company just to move up in the world, is literally no different then what American politicians do to countries).
Last edited by Zoltor on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Zoltor wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:

Sources?

It's no secret that EA basically owns the XBOX division of MS, if EA didn't make games for the XBOX consoles, like 80% of the library would go poof. Sadly MS doesn't know jack about the gaming industry, so because Peter Moore use to work for them, and did so much for them, they listen to him, like slaves to a cult.

We know exactly how MS reacts on their own when there's a perceived issue, they find a way to turn such into their favor, which this DRM BS, especially implemented like is was going to, helps no one, and only EA would think such is a good plan.

As far the talking Sega out of the hardware industry, that was the 2nd part of the Senmue 2 deal, to net his weasel ass a job at MS, which he actually admits talking Sega into discontinuing the DC, and stepping out of the hardware industry(orchestrating the fall of a company just to move up in the world, is literally no different then what American politicians do to countries).

Dude you are all over the board on this.
Microsoft owns Xbox. EA is just a big time partner for them.
Even if Peter Moore didn't ask Sega to quit, they would have anyway for business reasons.

Also, this is all like 10+ years ago. Why does it even matter anymore? In hindsight, Shenmue 3 is now being made on current generation platforms. Put yourself into perspective back in 1999. If someone asked you, "Hey Zoltor, Do you want Shenmue 3 on the DC or on some super next gen console with super next gen graphics?" Like I said, get over it and get on with your life man. There are bigger fish to fry in this world.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Zoltor » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 pm

The DRM BS was only what 2 or so years ago, and he's still screwing people over today, wasn't EA the ones responsible for that whole Sim City mess.

Um yes, Peter Moore is still very much a big ongoing problem. Just the thought of the entire industry being run like that, makes me cringe.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Zoltor wrote: The DRM BS was only what 2 or so years ago, and he's still screwing people over today, wasn't EA the ones responsible for that whole Sim City mess.

Um yes, Peter Moore is still very much a big ongoing problem. Just the thought of the entire industry being run like that, makes me cringe.

I feel like there will always be a tyrant anyway. So I just stopped caring one day. Not worth my time.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby BlueMue » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Peter Moore just did what businessmen tend to do, even if it seems "immoral" to some: Thinking about the company revenue.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II