Jim Sterling talks about Shenmue III KS

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Jim Sterling talks about Shenmue III KS

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:18 am

good god, he's probably concocting some new negative spin. he can keep the video just add the addendum to the actual footage. nothing unreasonable.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elmatto » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:20 am

Beginning to lose hope. I think the general public has pretty much decided that sony is fully funding the project. Ouch. It's hard to sway public opinion once there's a consensus...especially gamers.
Last edited by elmatto on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby LucBu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:22 am

Don't know if my comment was the one to spark him or another. I said as long as he reported the facts we know so far truthfully and not report and repost misinformation then it would be fairer.

There was a handful of people threatening him to change it in the comments. I wasn't one of them. They were saying stuff like you better do this, you better do that. Something about as long as you don't "tear the $10 million" you can say what the f*** you want. Not entirely sure but that may have set him off.
LucBu

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:27 am

LucBu wrote: Don't know if my comment was the one to spark him or another. I said as long as he reported the facts we know so far truthfully and not report and repost misinformation then it would be fairer.

There was a handful of people threatening him to change it in the comments.

There weren't any from what I've seen. Everyone was like "Please, re-upload it!"
He is just acting offended for some reason.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LucBu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:31 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
LucBu wrote: Don't know if my comment was the one to spark him or another. I said as long as he reported the facts we know so far truthfully and not report and repost misinformation then it would be fairer.

There was a handful of people threatening him to change it in the comments.

There weren't any from what I've seen. Everyone was like "Please, re-upload it!"
He is just acting offended for some reason.

Comments in the removed video I meant, not the tweet. Some of the comment chains on the video were on about 10 replies or so. Didn't see them all.
LucBu

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:32 am

What the Shenmue Defense Force *won't* like is the fact that the fresh edit allowed me to rail on Suzuki's "actually guys, we reeeeally need ten million" development. It's not like I am unfair or linger on it too much, but I'm glad I got to add it.

Probably it will be a sarcastic comment. But whatever, I don't really mind. It's actually understandable that Yu Suzuki will need more money, he's probably just going to laugh at it or take the angle of "Yu Suzuki laughs at fans, extorts money" or something like that.

Don't care to be honest, he's always trying to be sarcastic/cynic, that's his style. Prefer Yahtzee though, that guy reviews are like my thoughts explained in an english voice.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:33 am

Yeah, I actually prefer that he tears the $10M comment than actually spread false bullshit like gauging interest Kickstarters and Sony footing the bill.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:33 am

I'm so disappointed. I really had respect for him too.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ConanTheKing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:35 am

shredingskin wrote: Image

Yup, what amir said.

errrr....

I think he's going to troll the fans when he said "he's not going to like it though" and make it worse just for his own amusement.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby James Brown » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:36 am

If he knows the facts, why should he cover them up just because a fan provoked him to change his video and he's pissed off. Hopefully if he does fall for the, "okay you didn't like my first video, then you're gonna love my second video hahaha" kind of mentalitiy it comes back to bite him in the arse and he actually loses subs and views. No point making shit up when there is truth out there aswell. Himuro has already unsubbed :P
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:37 am

Himuro wrote: I'm so disappointed. I really had respect for him too.

He's not a bad journalist, and it's not trying to milk controversy, in this day and age he should be applauded.

Sadly in the case of Shenmue the "controversies" got more loud than the actual statements.

He's more concerned about "the future" of publishers doing other kind of preorder by kickstarter than anything, and that's a valid point.

Like he said, imagine ubisoft kickstarting beyond good and evil 2. But then again, shenmue it's not the case, it's not a Sony IP (it's not even a Yu Suzuki IP).
Last edited by shredingskin on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LucBu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:38 am

James Brown wrote:If he knows the facts, why should he cover them up just because a fan provoked him to change his video and he's pissed off. Hopefully if he does fall for the, "okay you didn't like my first video, then you're gonna love my second video hahaha" kind of mentalitiy it comes back to bite him in the arse and he actually loses subs and views. No point making shit up when there is truth out there aswell. Himuro has already unsubbed :P

Perhaps he's the sort to hold a grudge? It can be a sensitive thing when someone calls out a journalist on their sourcing abilities.
LucBu

Postby Himuro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:54 am

For reference, I was disappointed in his thing about "he won't like it".

I read his post on gaf about journalistic integrity and redacted findings in light of new information and it's the same good ol' Jim. I never unsubbed from him and never said I did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=184

Himuro has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Himuro wrote: For reference, I was disappointed in his thing about "he won't like it".

I read his post on gaf about journalistic integrity and redacted findings in light of new information and it's the same good ol' Jim. I never unsubbed from him and never said I did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=184

sounds promising
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Himuro wrote: For reference, I was disappointed in his thing about "he won't like it".

Probably was just a "fanboys can't get any criticism" of something like that.

Really Kudos for Jim actually updating a video because new info arrived, that's what most people should do, and not trying to ride the clickbait wagon of madeup controversy.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III