Should we contact Fangamer?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Should we contact Fangamer?

Postby Erevador » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:34 am

You all may know of the company Fangamer as the people responsible for running the very well coordinated Bloodstained Kickstarter. They are clearly skilled at this.

They are also involved (lightly) with the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter since they are currently handling the Jacket rewards.

If we contacted them en masse to let them know we are concerned about the lack of updates on the Kickstarter and that we would love to see them more involved, this might inspire them to reach out and come to some kind of agreement with Suzuki and company. It would be a big coup for them as well since they would then have handled what will likely be the two most successful Kickstarter games for a long time.

Thoughts?
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Should we contact Fangamer?

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:01 am

Where is Yu Suzuki going to get the money to do this, unless FanGamer is willing to do it just out of love for Shenmue? People might find the Awesome Japan team terrible at their job, but have any of us maybe thought that it was all Yu Suzuki could come up with given his budget? As far as I know, Yu Suzuki still didn't receive a dime from the campaign because our credit cards were not charged yet.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Erevador » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:07 am

sand4fish wrote: Where is Yu Suzuki going to get the money to do this, unless FanGamer is willing to do it just out of love for Shenmue? People might find the Awesome Japan team terrible at their job, but have any of us maybe thought that it was all Yu Suzuki could come up with given his budget? As far as I know, Yu Suzuki still didn't receive a dime from the campaign because our credit cards were not charged yet.

Indeed, but clearly Sony is a participant here and they have deep pockets. Spending a little change in order to make the Kickstarter much more successful might seem like a wise idea. I also think it is quite possible that Fangamer may simply subtract their rate from the total of the finished Kickstarter.
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Doom_Infinite » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 pm

I think Yu Suzuki had made a deal with Awesome Japan before Fangamer had the tremendously successful KS with Bloodstained. Just a guess though.

It's not too late for Awesome Japan to improve the KS. They need to add tiers, make Sony's announcement public on the page and put up more strech goals.
Doom_Infinite
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Erevador » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Bringing this thread back, because... you've seen the Twitch stream. Awesome Japan... there are no words.

I went to the Fangamer website and sent them a message in the chat section letting them know I would LOVE to see them take a more active role on the Shenmue Kickstarter and bring their expertise to bear on it.

Erevador has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:09 pm

I thought Sony said they were going to help with marketing? Does that NOT mean in relation to the KS?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Erevador » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Himuro wrote: I thought Sony said they were going to help with marketing? Does that NOT mean in relation to the KS?

Clearly not. They haven't been involved at all. We can't rely on them.

FanGamer seems like our best shot since they are absolute pros and are already involved with the jacket tier.
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby benayun88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Some of you are the ones who make me cringe. Awesome Japan asked nearly all the most prominent questions.
Yea the dude in red conducted himself immaturely - but when all is said and done he did his job. You guys need to put your energy into raising funds and stop all this whiny bullshit.

benayun88 has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
benayun88
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: shenmue1

Postby benayun88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

the dude in red is now legend status. Most of us have been waiting for this q&a half our lifetime and all you guys could do is fucking talk about the interviewer its pathetic.

benayun88 has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
benayun88

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:19 pm

I agree.

The negativity is risible. The NeoGAF thread is completely consumed with the interviewer, worrying that the project will plummet to $0. Get a fucking grip.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: benayun88
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:21 pm

Hes just a huge fan like the rest of us and slightly awkward. It was enjoyable.

myshtuff has received 2 thanks from: benayun88, PacemaŜinobo
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Erevador » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 pm

I am extremely positive about Shenmue 3 and will do everything possible to make the campaign a roaring success. But I also think it is obvious that Awesome Japan is NOT maximizing the opportunities available to a Kickstarter of this size.

It seems to me that it would be wise to quietly let Fangamer know we'd like to see them step in and perhaps help polish up the campaign.

I don't see that as negativity at all, but an attempt to be pro-active and want to maximize the singular opportunity this Kickstarter represents.
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 pm

I'm going to guess Fangamer isn't going to step in for free or out of the goodness of their hearts. I also doubt Awesome Japan will be happy to relinquish control. There are 20 days left and this is what we have to work with. Hopefully the Paypal thing happens.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby benayun88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Ya its a silly idea, your proposing that we get some other kickstarter promo team to indirectly offer advice or something to awesome japan? Let awesome japan do their job, continue to offer them your feedback, and continue to do your job by spreading the gospel of shenmue.
benayun88

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:55 am

Actually the Twitch or what ever that thing is called was rather good. Aside from the guy on the right who wasn't behaving in a very respectful way imo.
Doom_Infinite

Next

Return to Shenmue III