Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

Postby joka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:06 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:We'll get the 10M. After the KS, we will have about 2 and a half years time to get there through Paypal. Cheer up, every one! :) Let's just make the KS the best we can and AFTER that is done we will have enough time to discuss what to do. :)

Oh, and just in case I forgot to mention it: Shenmue 3 is coming!!! :king:

If the money pledged really is just for development then they'd need the majority of that $10m a hell of a lot sooner than 2 years down the line though...

joka has received a thanks from: ys
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby LucBu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:17 am

It's nice to see that statement. Heartwarming.

I hope Shenmue 3 blows everything we've seen out the water.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:03 am

I just can't believe they have went so long without a big update

video
tiers

It's really heart wrecking for me to see so little info on the actual game or expansion. I think they felt the poll and things would be a big push but so many of the things they have did felt so uninspiring. Of course nothing can really heat people up like the annoucement of teh game being made but they really need to get on the ball... starting to think it jst won't ever happen the way it needs to be done.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:58 am

joka wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:We'll get the 10M. After the KS, we will have about 2 and a half years time to get there through Paypal. Cheer up, every one! :) Let's just make the KS the best we can and AFTER that is done we will have enough time to discuss what to do. :)

If the money pledged really is just for development then they'd need the majority of that $10m a hell of a lot sooner than 2 years down the line though...

We shouldn't be too worried about that. If the fans can generate an influx of, let's say, $50k per month that could be of great help with the development as a lot of the dev costs will be paid monthly (e. g., the wages). On top of that, with like 5 million from the Kickstarter in their pocket, I think it could be possible for Ys to get like a 5 million loan and pay that back monthly, using our paypal money and later, if needed, some of the money made from the sales.

But keep in mind that I'm just speculating and throwing around figures. No one of us knows how much money Ys have right now. Anyway, I'm just trying to tell people to cheer up and have a little more faith. We as the Shenmue community have fought for this moment for 14 years. We've already come a long, long way. We've made S3 a reality. Some of us have been waiting on this moment for almost their entire lifes and we won't just let this opportunity go.

This is our last shot and we will make it! Believe in ourselves, believe in Yu! :D

Hyo Razuki has received 2 thanks from: PacemaŜinobo, Reprise
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby alexironaek » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Basically I'm sayin in game if it brings extra funds. I don't mind Ryo turning to the screen every 60 secs and smiling while he tells us why Sensodyne is the number one toothpaste recommended by dentists. I'll just wait for a mod to sort it out before I play.

Lan Di!!! i finally found you....after all those years.....i can finally get my revenge......revenge on fashion!!!!! lets change your outfit man!! We are gonna dress you with the new and latest trends and fashion colthes!!! only for $99! enjoy the benefits of the chi you men card at your local fashon and trend store! there a store near you!!!!

alexironaek has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
alexironaek

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Is it just me or the KS has started climbing at a good speed after this last update? This was a great move
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KidMarine » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Is it just me or the KS has started climbing at a good speed after this last update? This was a great move

Yeah it has. We really need to get the word out there re: Sony/funding and it'll hopefully keep climbing!
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby rome » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: We'll get the 10M. After the KS, we will have about 2 and a half years time to get there through Paypal. Cheer up, every one! :) Let's just make the KS the best we can and AFTER that is done we will have enough time to discuss what to do. :)

Yes. I'm focused on getting to that 5 mark first and foremost. Glad that's all cleared up even an apology was given.

I'm not worried.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Looks like Game Informer is desperate for hits:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... 2#comments

Last night, Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki posted an update to the Shenmue III Kickstarter. The note amounted to an apology for deception regarding the game’s budget and outside investors, including Sony, who invited Suzuki to announce the project during its E3 press conference. It doesn’t go nearly far enough, and fans should be demanding more.

[...]

Whether Suzuki received bad counsel from Sony or other investors or thought it wise to obfuscate the true nature of the project budget doesn't matter. There is one currency that rules everything on Kickstarter. It is not cash. It is trust, and Yu Suzuki has so far squandered it.

The writer actually responds to a couple of the comments. Maybe some of us should put him on blast. Then again, it sounds like his mind is made up--or he's just concern trolling. I'm not convinced any of this bad press is substantially affecting the project, but it's annoying.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:51 pm

I trust Yu Suzuki more than "game journalists". Let them have their soap box and sit on it. It's better just not to give those click baiters hits, ya know?

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:54 pm

It's sad that their "soap box" is in support of something so completely meaningless to them. The game's success or failure means nothing to them. I really hope this bad press doesn't lead Yu Suzuki to cancel the Kickstarter. That's the kind of thing I could imagine happening.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:58 pm

It won't. Yu Suzuki isn't backing down and the fans have made their voices heard - we've pledged and the game is funded and that's it. Whatever else any of these people that hate Shenmue who happen to write articles on game websites say will not change anything. Let's stay positive, since Suzuki's newest statements are very positive for us, the fans. To hell with the rest.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Well, Yu Suzuki earned 20,000+ bucks and counting today, so far. That's a loooooot of money for a man who "squandered people's trust" :mrgreen: . How much did this journalist guy make today? 8)

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS upda

Postby fumega » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:22 pm

JaySw34 wrote: I believe it's still entirely possible for us to reach that 10 mil mark

Why do you say that? What kind of data are you using to back that up? In no way or form the $10M USD mark will be met on Kickstarter. If Shenmue III reaches $5M USD (that I don't think it will), it will be almost perfect.

Just to give you an idea, the Kicktraq projections (and Kicktraq is usually right from day 9 onward) --> http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/ ... projection
fumega
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:43 pm

https://twitter.com/futterish/status/614116911127883776

There's the guy who wrote the Game Informer article. He's gloating.

I'm reading through his profile and he's acting like he's the fucking Woodward and Bernstein of video game journalism
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III