subtitle in Portuguese added.Brazilians fans come here pls

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: subtitle in Portuguese added.Brazilians fans come here p

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Peter wrote: If Portuguese/Brazilian fans could spread the word, get it on gaming sites it could be great for extra donations!

I'm doing my best mate. There are a lot of people crying to be able to give their money away, but the issue with South America is with credit cards not being able to be processed by the Kickstarter and therefore the real need of a Paypal option ASAP.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: They play on PC though, right? That's Shenmue 3's main platform.

Not really, it's honestly all lol. if you go to a computer place it will be like 90 percent lol. Some CF ( cross fire) that shit shooter... seriously bad I tried it once

A lot of the girls like those cute anime inspired girl games. China is a different culture as well, they are really mute tot he world more than most think. Only if your in bj , sh or a few other cities will they not be quite different culturally. You can't ask a chinese person how are you doing or what's up. If you say we should hang out, they will always say I'm busy now. Even though the ? isn't about now.... They don't understand western culture very well nor do they adapt to it very well.

There are a few more simple minnded gamers here and I know some that do play ps2, xbox , cod etc but that is a very lower number. I hardly ever meet anyone randomly that has a game system.

They are huge into iphones and phone games though.. Chinese people are use to being around hundreds of people, so they often need to be around others to go out and have a good time. It's a very pair up and go out culture. Ignore everone else around, they are as bad as you think when they have that strange by standard effect as well. I think they are like ants, just use to running around each other and ignoring one another.

Most of their games are on some sort of free to play system as wel, they don't buy movies either. I have only found legit movies from hk in book stores. Everything else is boot legs in the back room at the music stores.

Basicaly, they don't want to buy games , especially pc.

With that said, I'm not saying the game can't work here. But the ks has a better chance of hitting 10 million than me ever running into a person that knows what shenmue is.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Xzedopau » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Peter wrote: If Portuguese/Brazilian fans could spread the word, get it on gaming sites it could be great for extra donations!

I'm doing my best mate. There are a lot of people crying to be able to give their money away, but the issue with South America is with credit cards not being able to be processed by the Kickstarter and therefore the real need of a Paypal option ASAP.

YEAH, there is this damn credit cards problem within South America...¬¬
Luckily I have a Paypal account, but that is just me and some other people...
Xzedopau
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II (trying =p )

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:52 pm

All of sa can't use kickstarter? crazyness
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: They play on PC though, right? That's Shenmue 3's main platform.

Not really, it's honestly all lol. if you go to a computer place it will be like 90 percent lol. Some CF ( cross fire) that shit shooter... seriously bad I tried it once

A lot of the girls like those cute anime inspired girl games. China is a different culture as well, they are really mute tot he world more than most think. Only if your in bj , sh or a few other cities will they not be quite different culturally. You can't ask a chinese person how are you doing or what's up. If you say we should hang out, they will always say I'm busy now. Even though the ? isn't about now.... They don't understand western culture very well nor do they adapt to it very well.

There are a few more simple minnded gamers here and I know some that do play ps2, xbox , cod etc but that is a very lower number. I hardly ever meet anyone randomly that has a game system.

They are huge into iphones and phone games though.. Chinese people are use to being around hundreds of people, so they often need to be around others to go out and have a good time. It's a very pair up and go out culture. Ignore everone else around, they are as bad as you think when they have that strange by standard effect as well. I think they are like ants, just use to running around each other and ignoring one another.

Most of their games are on some sort of free to play system as wel, they don't buy movies either. I have only found legit movies from hk in book stores. Everything else is boot legs in the back room at the music stores.

Basicaly, they don't want to buy games , especially pc.

With that said, I'm not saying the game can't work here. But the ks has a better chance of hitting 10 million than me ever running into a person that knows what shenmue is.
Thanks for the insight, Jackie.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Xzedopau » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: All of sa can't use kickstarter? crazyness

If you live in SA, you may only use kickstarter with paypal or with few credit cards option available.

We didn't had this problem back then, but some people foreign transaction are being rejected. There are some who is not even being able to buy steam games with credit cards too because of the same error. I'm not sure what is happening, but it seems banks are rejecting any kind of payment/donation that is converted and charged in reais (Brazilian currency) in invoices. So the paypal option would be the temporary solution until this problem is solved.
Xzedopau

Currently playing: Shenmue II (trying =p )

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Xzedopau wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: All of sa can't use kickstarter? crazyness

If you live in SA, you may only use kickstarter with paypal or with few credit cards option available.

We didn't had this problem back then, but some people foreign transaction are being rejected. There are some who is not even being able to buy steam games with credit cards too because of the same error. I'm not sure what is happening, but it seems banks are rejecting any kind of payment/donation that is converted and charged in reais (Brazilian currency) in invoices. So the paypal option would be the temporary solution until this problem is solved.

Paypal is the only solution for this, as money can be transferred freely between your bank account and the Paypal account without the high risk of payment defaults feared by credit cards companies in SA.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KidMarine » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Is there any reason for them NOT to have a PayPal option on the KickStarter? Why isn't it already there?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:29 pm

I guess they refrain from using PayPal because of all the fees they charge.
But it could just simply be deducted from the pledges when it is put on the Kickstarter sum.
Like a general $5 from $50 pledges on or so. I don't think people would cry over that too much.

Do we actual have people from Brazil on the Dojo forums? I'm sure there is a fanbase over there. They tend to like Sega quite a lot, the Master System the most of course.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Marcelinho » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm brazilian too. Here we are few, but are addict.
We Will do our part.
Marcelinho

Postby Arm Wrestler » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm Brazilian as well. I didn't know about this problem with SA credit cards and Kickstarter. I already pledged, but now I'm worried that it will be rejected when the campaign ends or something.
Arm Wrestler

Postby Drakul » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Drakul, you seem to not understand why they're doing it. They want to ATTRACT more PLEDGES by APPEALING to people who speak other languages. The cost is likely negligible.

True but does it really bring funds? My point was that didn't we all play 1 and 2 in English or Japanese? (I'm French btw) and so clearly the barrier wasn't there then and all fans would back it up regardless.
I don't know just speculating here....
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Snakiest » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:10 am

5.1 mln for Portuguese subtitles. Portuguese translators take payment in gold, I guess)
Snakiest

Postby LucBu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:52 am

Then they should love Shenmue.
LucBu

Postby ZendenPT » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:28 am

I'm Portuguese, never participate to much on this forum, but I always came here to learn more about Shenmue series.
I pledged on first day campaign and I never thought that Portuguese subtitles would be a stretch goal. To be honest not so important for me, stretch goals like extra game contents and new mechanics should be more interesting to all the fans.
Seriously in my opinion I don't think this will improve the campaign, since Portugal is a very small country, maybe Brazil could help on this, other countries in Africa like Angola or Mozambique, video games are a luxury so I don't expect to much from here.
ZendenPT
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Zendenpt
XBL: Quilhoes

Previous

Return to Shenmue III