Top 10 chinese brand rip-offs

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Top 10 chinese brand rip-offs

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

This is just funny, some stuff like the fake PUMA clothing or the fast food restaurants made me shit bricks...

phpBB [video]

Master Kyodai has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, Yama
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Top 10 chinese brand rip-offs

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Thats great. I love how the apple watch fell off during the segment. Whats crazy though is how bad IP theft is with China. For example, my degree is in Biomedical Engineering and medical device IP issues with China is insane. This actually led to me quitting my last job, because my (mentally insane) boss asked me to reverse engineer an american medical device and give the information to a chinese company so they could manufacture knock offs in China. My boss told me to keep my mouth shut and I told him to go fuck himself. Thank goodness I am starting at a new company in a week. Don't need my name on that shit.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Ah if you don't do it someone else will. But cool that some people still have kinda conciousness about that. Here in germany it's always a good laugh about how the chinese copy German cars, i guess by now they covered any single one. About some stuff like these levitating super trains it's a bit sad because you know some German company loses millions - but oh well, i guess most of us could tell that would happen, eh?
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:58 am

myshtuff wrote: Thats great. I love how the apple watch fell off during the segment. Whats crazy though is how bad IP theft is with China. For example, my degree is in Biomedical Engineering and medical device IP issues with China is insane. This actually led to me quitting my last job, because my (mentally insane) boss asked me to reverse engineer an american medical device and give the information to a chinese company so they could manufacture knock offs in China. My boss told me to keep my mouth shut and I told him to go fuck himself. Thank goodness I am starting at a new company in a week. Don't need my name on that shit.

China seems hell bent on almost singled handedly crashing innovation in the world. They suck up all the ideas and R and D all over the globe, backwards engineer it and re appropriate it as their own as cheap knock offs, often selling it back to their host country for fractions of the price and sometimes putting the original vendor out of business. I remember a report of a guy who invented a new tool and marketed it to Sears, only for Sears to stop ordering from him a year later. He walked into a Sears and found a Chinese knock off of his tool Sears apparently went with for less because they undercut him after ripping off his design. :???:

Some Chinese company stole his design because they saw a way to skim some bucks. Sears bought from them instead because they saw a way to save a few dollars going with a foreign knock off. I guess that's what passes for Capitalism these days, with the original innovator and domestic manufacturer being left high and dry. No wonder our economy imploded.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:16 am

Honestly I could be a whistleblower and report it to the american company being knocked off, but I just do not want to go through the headache of it all. I have so much other shit I need to worry about its not even worth it.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:57 am

If Ysnet wants a shot at the Chinese market, they should start thinking of Shenmue 3 ports for these following gaming consoles, instead of Chinese subtitles:

phpBB [video]

sand4fish has received a thanks from: myshtuff
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Haha those are amazing. The I-Dong.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"