Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm

So with Shenmue needing us more than ever, we have been trying to gather our heard earned pennies to make the long awaited Shenmue 3 a full reality. Yu needs $11,000,000 and i feel i need to do everything to help him! So i decided that i have a lot of things in my collection that, when compared to Shenmue, i just dont need. I always said if a Shenmue kickstarter came along, i would pledge $10,000 and i am! But at a sacrifice... i will be selling off some items from my gaming collection, including some rarities.

This topic is for anyone who feels the same, and wants to advertise any auctions they have ongoing to help raise funds for a Shenmue pledge. I know we all dont want to be buying stuff right now, but just in case you have any friends that may be interested in some items you could let them know? Or perhaps, are members of other forums who would have been looking for something specific etc.

However, this is important.... AUCTIONS MUST BE FOR SHENMUE FUNDS ONLY! This is why this topic has been allowed. Only to sell items that you are adding to the Kickstarter! Of course we have no way of actually checking this fully, so we are relying on good faith that the topic will not be abused.

All posts must have a link to the item, and also a title, or brief description if you like. I will post mine under this if you just want to follow that template.

Thanks, and good luck! Lets get Yu the money he needs for Shenmue III.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:23 pm

EBAY ITEMS

Sega Saturn & 22 games - LINK

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Gamecube) - LINK

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Sega Saturn) - LINK

Halo Reach poster signed by the original Bungie team - LINK
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Already sold my spare copy of Shenmue II PAL, looking to sell Evil Twin now, already put links to the Kickstarter in auctions ;)
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Sadly I'm not in a good position to do such things. I admire you guys for doing this though and it would be nice to see the KS make big jumps again. I sold 10,000 dollars worth of games before in the past. It can be hard but it can also be done with a strong mind. You can always get a lot of these things back if you ever want. Most the things I had I never had time or a chance to play anyways and it just set there. Imagine if I had a fire or something and just lost it without recouping any of the value that was sitting there.

For me, I beleived I could never sell my games, I know there are people out there that feel the same . I would never tell anyone who really doesn't want to .. to do it though. Mad respect for you guys.

Peter looks like you should have close to another 500 dollars for the KS. Not sure on pal prices though haha. Does panzer sell for about 300 US dollars there?
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Yea mate, average prices are

PDS - £200
Twilight Princess - -£50
Sega Saturn with games - £50
Halo Poster - absolutely no idea.

I didnt link them, but i also have 2 copies of Shenmue on there, which are hitting around £40 a piece these days, so say £80....

All in all could be £380 with whatever the poster makes on top (if anything), so yea about £500. But i already have the $10,000 so that money is for food and whatnot throughout July
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:17 pm

3 years ago I sold good condition saturns for 40 dollars or more

you should get a lot more money for that saturn lot I'd say. closer to 200 dollars there. I think , panzer it self could be a 30 dollar game. These are US prices though. If your condition is really good, take more photos, discs, manuals. Stress it, the value will be sought by collectors more and go up.

-underside of discs, take photos if no scratches (especially the higher teir games) Describe if they are all mostly like this but also don't forget to list the ones that have a scratch or two or a ripped manual if there is.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Dude that would be about 100 photos lol. Ive 22 games haaahaaa.

People know what they are getting and they are all in good nick. Will be good to see how much it all generates
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby JaySw34 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:36 pm

I've got a pair of Turtle Beach PX5 headphones. Sound quality is top notch. They work best for PS3. But can also be used for xbox360 and PS4. Selling them for $80 if anyone is interested

Edit - I'll have the link up in a couple minutes
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:12 am

Ah, I mean. describe them and show the discs of the games that are more collector friendly. Let me see if I can find photos of things I use to take just for fun :) I love to share game merchandise lol
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Phong » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Absolutely everything I'm auctioning between now and the end of the kickstarter is going toward Shenmue.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/movingfellow/m.html

Of particular interest to Shenmue fans might be:

3 Shenmue music albums, including the Shenmue Juke Box:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141701855647

And the issue of TV Guide with the Shenmue cover:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141701837579

There's also a bunch of games, Star Trek, and anime stuff in there as well. More being put up there soon!
Phong
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Phong wrote: Absolutely everything I'm auctioning between now and the end of the kickstarter is going toward Shenmue.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/movingfellow/m.html

Of particular interest to Shenmue fans might be:

3 Shenmue music albums, including the Shenmue Juke Box:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141701855647

And the issue of TV Guide with the Shenmue cover:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141701837579

There's also a bunch of games, Star Trek, and anime stuff in there as well. More being put up there soon!

pretty crazy that tv guide had a shenmue cover lol... I need to collect some magazines that has shenmue, not sure why I never did that before. I have a ton and i mean a ton of MGS, mario, sonic mag covers

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: Phong
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby yesteryeargames » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:14 pm

I have a shenmue dreamcast white label promo set (pal) £100 all finds going towards upgrading my pledge from the $300 to $500

Anyone interested in it ? It will be on eBay next week otherwise .

I also hope to do the 30 for 3rd july thing

yesteryeargames has received a thanks from: Phong
yesteryeargames
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Splatoon

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:35 pm

So all my auctions finished this evening and here's the breakdown:

Halo Poster - £105
Shenmue - £38
Shenmue - £37
Panzer Dragoon Saga - £171
Zelda Twilight Princess - £48
Sega Saturn w. 22 games- £115

£514
P&P - £25 (approx)

£490 total sales

Plus my mum owes me £100 so thats £590 made in a few days selling off some stuff from my games collection. Luckily my Shenmue collection didn't need to be touched.

I already have $10,000 for an extra dinner tier that may or may not come up, but either way, it's a good amount of cash to have for whatever is needed.

£592 extra raised for the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. Just goes to show folks, you can auction off a few items and they all add up. All helps for Shenmue 3!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:40 am

Hey peter, great job

I was curious what that comes to in actual dollars and since the KS is in dollars

At least in dollar amounts those prices look low. Maybe pal is less collector friendly too.

I just remember I sold a like new in box saturn for 200 dollars. Just the saturn. I'd figure a great condition one with some high profile games like doom panzer should feth near 200. Maybe it's closer than I think ?

Good job man, I hope many others can follow suit!

I have been a big halo fan "halo 2, 3 etc) love it. Played it all the time, every day for years. But, even I can see where geting rid of that poster would be one of the easier things for me to get rid of. I think that seems like a really good price imo
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexh86 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I have a PS3 that was procured very inexpensively that I am restoring to working order to help fund my pledge. I will post the link when I get it up on eBay (ships from the US). I haven't gone through my collection yet but there might be a couple of valuable pieces I could part with in effort to bump my pledge.
alexh86

PSN: ahark86

Next

Return to Shenmue III