Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Postby Ziming » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:07 pm

go-ren wrote: Yea this sort of harassment and lampooning is super shitty and incredibly immature. If the mods don't care to take this sort of garbage down then I suppose they won't mind my comment. Go fuck yourselves. Are you adults? That's embarrassing. I can understand why the gaming community has a lot people who pull shit like this. It's filled with 30 year old virgins and cynical teenage twerps who rely on escapism to make up for their pathetic lives and so they think its ok to try to humiliate others instead of looking in the mirror at their own mediocrity. A little clue, its not ok. Dude gave me quite the laugh but he just seemed like a harmless hyped Shenmue fan. Like a kid in a toy store and I don't blame him for that. He made what would have otherwise been a pretty dry and boring 50 minutes kind of entertaining. This is why the gaming community is so pathetic. They are just games and you take this shit waaay to seriously. The kickstarter is doing fine btw. If you want to take something serious don't watch gaming news, watch world news and instead of bashing harmless and powerless individuals go full ham on corrupt politicians and corporations. Spend the time making the world a better place instead of harassing insignificant people you worthless twerps. Fuk.

I had the very same thoughts while watching the Q&A stream last night. Many and I mean MANY couldn't stand the circus act we were watching with Yu Suzuki. He's a game designer whom everyone greatly respect in the video game world. He comes back to the public eye after 14 years to give us fans the game we truly want. Are we suppose to just sit back and pretend that was OK? Joel acted like some court jester during the entire interview. He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:14 pm

I think Suzuki wanted to stick to companies that were based in Japan. Fangamer is based in Arizona so it wouldn't be really convenient for him. Are there numerous companies that do things like this ?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:24 pm

go-ren wrote:Oh really? I must have been looking somewhere else then cause last I checked the kick starter is doing quite well actually. If it ever got hurt to begin with its thanks to shitty journalism, x-box fanboys shit talking, and a general lack of understanding of how businesses work on the part of many in the gaming community. We are at 3.75 mil with 3 weeks left to go. A big push is coming on Friday with 30 on the 3rd, probably a lot more big investments with the next round of reward tiers, and of course the last minute bump. All in all it looks like Shenmue is on track to beat Bloodstained. Could the KS have been better, maybe. But it's doing relatively great and thus far there's nothing I can really pin on Awesome Japan as having done wrong. The twitch interview included which everyone is taking waaay to seriously. If there's a problem anywhere, its with the people on this forum and this thread in particular, who are being unsatisfiable and entitled cynical assholes who go around harassing and mocking undeserving people.

Yep, the gaming community on the internet dont have an ounce of respect for themselves or each other, with the exception of just a few that have their heads screwed on straight, I cant stand people that think they can talk how ever they want just cause they are behind a keyboard, and arent face to face to deal with the consequences of such harsh words, what cowards.

Anyway, I dont know how many times I am going to have to say this before we get our hands on this game, but everything is going to be fine with Shenmue 3, win lose or draw. I am keeping my expectations low, and so should everyone else, I know its a bit anxiety inducing here lately, but its pretty pointless to be tearing all the small details to shreds when its still so early with the announcement of the game, development still in early production, and so little detail known about what the game will be like. Relax guys... relaaaxxxxxxxx ](*,)

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: benayun88, go-ren
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:27 pm

go-ren wrote: We are at 3.75 mil with 3 weeks left to go.

That's because we got a huge boost at the beginning due to being advertised on an international stage at Sony's E3 press conference. We essentially started out of the gate with $2 million due to that. However outside of that we have been doing roughly 50% of what bloodstained achieved on a day to day basis. all the projections on Kicktraq now put us at 4 - 4.5 million.

Bloostained Shenmue 3
Day 7 $ 99667 $ 57244
Day 8 $ 84591 $ 44669
Day 9 $ 66261 $ 31074
Day 10 $ 49884 $ 25402
Day 11 $ 57399 $ 25293

go-ren wrote:A big push is coming on Friday with 30 on the 3rd, probably a lot more big investments with the next round of reward tiers, and of course the last minute bump. All in all it looks like Shenmue is on track to beat Bloodstained.

Bloodstained "last minute bump" was around 150k-200k (if you only take the last few days where the pledge amounts increased) and this was caused by aggressive social media work by the company managing the kickstarter and last minute panic pledging, why would people who have never played the previous two titles in a story heavy franchise panic pledge in the last few days? I think we will see a bump, but no where near as large as Bloodstained.

I also hope the fan led "pledge $30 on the 3rd" works, indeed I think it'll have the same affect the new tiers had yesterday, but even that only brought it in line with Bloodstained normal sustained daily pledge levels and only for one day due to the limited quantities available.

I hope you prove me wrong, I really do... I would love to "insert foot into mouth" on this occasion, but I'd be willing to bet actual cash we won't finish ahead of bloodstained.

go-ren wrote:Could the KS have been better, maybe. But it's doing relatively great and thus far there's nothing I can really pin on Awesome Japan as having done wrong. The twitch interview included which everyone is taking waaay to seriously. If there's a problem anywhere, its with the people on this forum and this thread in particular, who are being unsatisfiable and entitled cynical assholes who go around harassing and mocking undeserving people.

the whole point of a social media presence by a company tasked with 'promoting' is to encourage people to pledge/buy. Using a cheap camera, low quality microphone, not testing the setup before hand, not having images ready, not using the tools available within twitch to filter out questions and saying "meh going too fast, I give up" after 2 questions, all the while using an unprofessional (possibly high) interviewer isn't the way to do it, they even messed up the Reddit AMA and ended up splitting questions between two totally separate threads.

its not that people are being cynical or 'unsatisfiable' as you put it, its just people expect at least a minimum level of professionalism to put the whole kickstarter in a positive light, which is really needed considering how major media sites are being extremely toxic with misinformed click bait articles.

what I will say is we are getting Shenmue 3 and thats great and we owe it entirely to Sony, allowing Yu Suzuki onto the stage at E3, without that... I'm not entirely sure "Awesome Japan" would have breached 2.5 million yet.
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received 3 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, Mr357
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby go-ren » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Ziming wrote:
go-ren wrote: Yea this sort of harassment and lampooning is super shitty and incredibly immature. If the mods don't care to take this sort of garbage down then I suppose they won't mind my comment. Go fuck yourselves. Are you adults? That's embarrassing. I can understand why the gaming community has a lot people who pull shit like this. It's filled with 30 year old virgins and cynical teenage twerps who rely on escapism to make up for their pathetic lives and so they think its ok to try to humiliate others instead of looking in the mirror at their own mediocrity. A little clue, its not ok. Dude gave me quite the laugh but he just seemed like a harmless hyped Shenmue fan. Like a kid in a toy store and I don't blame him for that. He made what would have otherwise been a pretty dry and boring 50 minutes kind of entertaining. This is why the gaming community is so pathetic. They are just games and you take this shit waaay to seriously. The kickstarter is doing fine btw. If you want to take something serious don't watch gaming news, watch world news and instead of bashing harmless and powerless individuals go full ham on corrupt politicians and corporations. Spend the time making the world a better place instead of harassing insignificant people you worthless twerps. Fuk.

I had the very same thoughts while watching the Q&A stream last night. Many and I mean MANY couldn't stand the circus act we were watching with Yu Suzuki. He's a game designer whom the world greatly respect in the video game world. He comes back to the public eye after 14 years to give us fans the game we truly want. Are we suppose to just sit back and pretend that was OK? Joel acted like some court jester during the entire interview. He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.

I don't give a shit how you felt, it's not ok. You're a fucking adult, act like it. I have a great respect for Yu Suzuki-san as well, but he's not the pope. Side note who cares about the pope though. He's just a dude like everyone else. You need to tone it down about 20 notches, he doesn't need you to be his knight in shining armour coming to the rescue every time someone doesn't show him what ever you think is the proper amount of "respect".
go-ren
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:34 pm

There might be a lot of valid criticism towards the AJ team, but I do really hope no one is attacking Joel on a personal level in his social media. Harassment certainly won't bring us more backers to support the campaign.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 pm

sand4fish wrote: There might be a lot of valid criticism towards the AJ team, but I do really hope no one is attacking Joel on a personal level in his social media. Harassment certainly won't bring us more backers to support the campaign.

that is 100% not ok and also hope people are not doing this, we should be directing factual criticism to the company, not an individual.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mrandyk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:43 pm

I finally got around to watching some of the broadcast. Yu seemed very annoyed with the individual who was running the show. I can't believe that he hired this team. I would think that a single meeting with Joel beforehand would have soured this deal.

I also agree 100% that no personal attacks should be made. Voice discontent towards the company and anyone else with influence, but it is unacceptable to go after an individual on a personal level over something like this.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 pm

I cannot believe what I am reading right now.
Ziming wrote:He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.

MiTT3NZ wrote:
Himuro wrote: I think attacking people is crass and pointless and does nothing for our cause.

Maybe not, but it's fun.

So this is how the Dojo operates now? By taking some sort of 'justified vengeance' and making a mockery of an individual because of the way he acted in an interview. Turning him into a laughing stock, criticizing him, posting links to his social media pages, claiming that he is ruining the Kickstarter campaign, and having fun doing so? How can somebody find hurting the feelings of another person fun? Joel Tess does not deserve this at all.

Absolutely disgusting.
The people acting like this should be ashamed.

Jibby has received 5 thanks from: 7heavens, benayun88, go-ren, jcjimher, Mystere
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby go-ren » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:09 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
sand4fish wrote: There might be a lot of valid criticism towards the AJ team, but I do really hope no one is attacking Joel on a personal level in his social media. Harassment certainly won't bring us more backers to support the campaign.

that is 100% not ok and also hope people are not doing this, we should be directing factual criticism to the company, not an individual.

Do you know what this thread is? It's nothing but a huge harassment piece of Joel Tess. To your earlier reply, I'll grant you that the KS may not be on the optimistic trajectory I put it on, although the fans aren't really helping that by the way they are acting. If I never played Shenmue I wouldn't donate either giving the sorry state of its fan base. All that being said I don't think that has anything to do with AJ or Joel Tess but rather the shitty press coverage. Now it may be the case that a Japanese based company isn't as well suited to handling the PR shit storm going down in an entirely different country, I wouldn't doubt it. I don't think they were ready for it, nor could they have been I mean they have to wait on the sidelines for Sony to get its story straight for their own damage control before preceding with YSnet damage control. There's a new line of bullshit coming off the presses left and right. That's a really hard position to be in, the whole situation sucks and it doesn't help when their own cannibalistic fan base starts to turn on them too. We should be supportive the whole way to show other people that this is something they should be getting into as well.

go-ren has received a thanks from: jcjimher
go-ren
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Bloodstained received $500k and $1M in funding the last two days. I imagine we'll see something similar at the end of the SIII campaign. I'm still thinking it'll hit around $5.5M-$6M, especially when we consider new reward tiers and the possibility of a physical PS4 reward.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/iga/b ... hart-daily
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I personally found it funny because well... It was awkward. Others, are pissed because they expected more professionalism. Still, I haven't seen anything that could be named "harassment".
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Jibby and go-ren are right. This is not 2003 and 2004, we are grown adults now. We should not be reverting back to our selves from that time period, I know its been a while since we have all been around each other like this, but still. These negative vibes are pointless and only hurting Shenmue III, maybe we dont want this as bad as we are saying, maybe we dont deserve Shenmue III. Acting like entitled spoiled immature brats certainly isnt going to fix the issues. The excitement has turned into negative, and while thats not exactly our fault, the reactions arent helping...

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: go-ren, Jibby
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:32 pm

I concur. We have to make lemonade from lemons, friends.

We can't force them to change the style, design, or quality of the KS campaign just by complaining about it. They will surely respond to some of our constructive criticism, but at the end of the day, we must accept that we have no direct power over them.

To that end, I strongly believe we should instead refocus on the positive. Get the word out about the KS however we can, promote #30onthe3rd http://30onthe3rd.com , and just generally try our utmost to create a positive, united face of this community that the outside world sees. In-fighting and so forth are not going to get even one person to back the project. But trying out damndest to remain focused and positive... just might. Even if it's only one backer at a time.

After 14 years, I believe it's worth it to buckle down and do that, no matter how critical we may be of the campaign. Politely make requests, yes, but stay focused on what we CAN change and do, both individually and collectively. Not on waiting for them to do what we WANT them to do. Because they may or may not, and then what? Are we going to waste this opportunity after 14 years?

Not me. I'm in this until the bitter end. 100%. Kidney stone agony and bloody urine and all! I bleed for Shenmue! :) (Too much info, sorry. Just underscoring my commitment!)
Last edited by Anonymous81 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous81 has received 3 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, go-ren, jcjimher
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Yama » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm

The way the Q&A was handled yesterday was a debacle, that's for certain. However we need to come together as a community and bury it. Let's push forward for the sake of the Kickstarter, Shenmue III and Suzuki-san. At this point we can offer constructive criticism (there is another thread for the Twitch stream) and continue on with our own separate efforts.

I should not need to say this, but I will. We do not support or condone any form of personal attacks within this community. Let's carry on as we always have, positively and respectfully. That is the voice other parties will pay attention to, respect and trust. Thank you.

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Previous

Return to Shenmue III