Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Postby Ziming » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:55 am

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Topic (Twitch)

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:58 am

Axm has received 4 thanks from: Anthony817, Himuro, Raithos, Shenhua-Nani?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:01 am

Don't know whether he was under drugs or he searched his moment of meme glory.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:02 am

myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Doom_Infinite » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:14 am

It wasn't THAT bad. He was just rather disrespectful, especially when considering Japanese manners. How did he ever get this job in Japan? Maybe being quirky was part of his thing, not sure Suzuki knew this when signing up though.

Doom_Infinite has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
Doom_Infinite
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 am

I'm going through a complete disbelief phase right now, which will pass, but right now, I feel disgusted at the Kickstarter being ran by this "Awesome Japan", that they are handling the KS page and also looking after the rewards etc.

Right now, it's honestly put me off pledging anything.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Axm, ElephantStone, Mr357
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ElephantStone » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:37 am

Doesn't it suck to know that they're being paid to run this kickstarter? Why in the fucking world were they trusted with the biggest video game kickstarter of all time? Fuck me, imagine if it was being run by Fangamer - I genuinely think we'd be on track to smash $10M if it was being run by them. The campaign a company like that could run with a project like Shenmue III... my god, it would be insane.

ElephantStone has received a thanks from: Anthony817
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 am

The Catch 22, of course, is that your lack of a pledge makes Shenmue 3 less of a reality. I don't think Yu Suzuki is going to try this again in a year if things don't work out. I'm supporting this project because of Yu Suzuki and because I want to play Shenmue 3. This Twitch debacle is a distraction and I hope we can all move on.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, but please put things in perspective before you withdraw or choose not to fund the game.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:47 am

If that guy has a degree i am Mary Poppins.

Seriously, chances are he was a good-for-nothing that got the job because he can speak both japanese and english.

He has a Twitter profile anyway @Jo3lRT... i know it's bad but i HAD TO tweet him my personal thoughts.

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Mr357
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:12 pm

https://twitter.com/sprsk/status/614798596874108928

There's one of the guys from 8-4 mocking the stream. That probably doesn't bode well if we're hoping for their help.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby JaySw34 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Got a kick out of this guy. Sure it sucks that he's one of the people in charge of this kickstarter and it's a disgrace to Shenmue, but he still gave me quite a hard laugh last night.
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Suzuki-san's reactions to him :rotflmao:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Of course anyone who knows me and has seen some of my comments knows I am going to donate, but how things stand right now, it's all just a question of how much I will be donating, which is out of my hands right now.

The point I am making is this Twitch stream was an opportunity to promote Shenmue, it's Kickstarter, and also entice people who may not be as huge a Shenmue fan as we are, to consider contributing. However thanks to the schoolboy amaturish nature of last night's broadcast, I can't help feel there will be people who will have switched off and lost interest in the project. Or just laughed at how unprofessional it was and will decide not to back.

Either way, the broadcast will have done more bad than good I feel.

In fact... For a long time I've been tempted to do a video like James Reiner does, as well as a few other people from the community do in terms of just talking about their thoughts etc. And I am tempted to do my first ever video on my thoughts of Shenmue 3, and the Kickstarter campaign up to this point. Will see what happens.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Axm, ElephantStone, Hyo Razuki
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ys » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote: It wasn't THAT bad. He was just rather disrespectful, especially when considering Japanese manners. How did he ever get this job in Japan? Maybe being quirky was part of his thing, not sure Suzuki knew this when signing up though.

I feel a bit sorry for the guy actually. Sure, he was overly enthusiastic at times but he was likely nervous and not used to interviews. As I wrote in the chat, he actually reminded me of two American guitarists who moved to Japan. They also acted in a similar way. Like they were trying to blend in somehow but with the result being over the top :P
Last edited by ys on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ys has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Peter wrote: Of course anyone who knows me and has seen some of my comments knows I am going to donate, but how things stand right now, it's all just a question of how much I will be donating, which is out of my hands right now.

The point I am making is this Twitch stream was an opportunity to promote Shenmue, it's Kickstarter, and also entice people who may not be as huge a Shenmue fan as we are, to consider contributing. However thanks to the schoolboy amaturish nature of last night's broadcast, I can't help feel there will be people who will have switched off and lost interest in the project. Or just laughed at how unprofessional it was and will decide not to back.

Either way, the broadcast will have done more bad than good I feel.

In fact... For a long time I've been tempted to do a video like James Reiner does, as well as a few other people from the community do in terms of just talking about their thoughts etc. And I am tempted to do my first ever video on my thoughts of Shenmue 3, and the Kickstarter campaign up to this point. Will see what happens.

I missed it live and when I went to watch it today I gave up after 4 minutes and just read a recap post.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Next

Return to Shenmue III