confronting the 4 bosses.....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: confronting the 4 bosses.....

Postby joka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:38 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:I think Aizen got confirmation from Yu that Ziming is not one of the four leaders of the chiyomen.

But please explain, what is the difference between the four chiyomen and the "grand masters."

I thought the bonus comic in the Xbox version of S2 all but confirmed Ziming was one of the leaders? He kinda came across as more senior than even Niao Sun in that comic and we know she's one of the leaders.

I've not see the confirmation you reference though to be fair.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:48 pm

joka wrote: He kinda came across as more senior than even Niao Sun in that comic and we know she's one of the leaders.

Well, that would make him either one of the chiyomen or...Tentei. Hmm? I always pictured Tentei as being much older but I don't know. I'll look for Yu's quote about Ziming.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Yu Suzuki : Lan Di (Rantei-Souryu/藍帝(蒼龍)) is the east leader. His name also means Blue Dragon. About Niao Sun, she also has another name : 炎帝 (Entei), and rules over the South part and is represented by a Phoenix.

Now, regarding the last 2 bosses, no one has seen them yet. One of them is Koutei (昊帝) and leads the West part and is represented by a Tiger. The last one is Gentei (玄帝), covers the North part and is represented by a Turtle.

Oh and, Ziming Hong is not one of the 4th leaders.

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/interview1114.html

You should read the interview. It was great.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Regarding the 4 grandmasters I believe we will meet the first 1 in shenmue 3. You Suzuki recently mention we will be meeting a sage master of the nanquan.

This leads me to believe that although we will b acquainted with all 4 chiyoumen bosses we will only defeat niao sun. As we will have met and learnt frm only one of the sage masters.

We know there are 4 bosses Who guard the 4 directions. 4 grandmasters. And 4 wude/wudu.

Ryo was acquainted of d concept of 4 wude by 4 martial artists but he hadn't mastered them. Maybe the grandmaster train ryo until he masters each one. And as he learns each 1 he is able to defeat one of the chiyoumen bosses.

As for why ryo doesn't just turn back and leave after defeating landi. Well after meeting shenhua and learning more about the true nature of the mirrors and learning from the grandmasters he removes the desire to get revenge but instead defeats lan di because he is an obstruction to defeat a greater evil I.e. tentei&chiyou.
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:12 pm

So the grand masters are good? It's been years since I played Shenmue 2. I'm trying to hold off until a HD rerelease so it'll be less familiar.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:10 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote: So the grand masters are good? It's been years since I played Shenmue 2. I'm trying to hold off until a HD rerelease so it'll be less familiar.

You gotta figure an HD rerelease is at least a year away, hop back into the series like I have!
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:59 am

Ryo is far from being "master" level, i have no idea how he can beat them unless he gets some magical powers in Guilin.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 am

^I feel like the Guilin section of Shenmue is going to the equivalent of the training montage from Rocky. All we need to do is find Shenhua a bike and we're golden.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: JaySw34, Mr357
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:44 am

Indeed. When I've asked Yu Suzuki about the Chiyoumen leaders, I told him that the fans already knew about 3 of them and I've mentioned Ziming (Xiuying's brother) in my question. He confirmed Lan Di and Niao Sun, so that was fine, but he also said that Ziming was not one of them. I have the confirmation that he is not one of the leader and he allowed me to share this with you.

If Ziming ends up being one of the leader, which sounds unlikely, then Yu Suzuki probably has changed some parts of Shenmue's story.

About the Grand Masters, the only thing I was allowed to share was the fact that they are not with the Chiyoumen, it's a different thing and they shouldn't be mixed with them.

I am sure Shenmue III will be a great game and I can't wait to see everyone's reactions about the Grand Masters and the incoming story. :)
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Re: confronting the 4 bosses.....grandmasters...?

Postby 7heavens » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:56 am

My theory is that the grandmasters are the exact opposites to the chiyoumen and each grandmasters corresponds to one of the 4 bosses. I think all grand masters and bosses are Chinese. Non are Japanese. And ryo will only be able to overcome a chiyoumen boss once gaining enlightenment from the corresponding grandmaster.
7heavens

Re: confronting the 4 bosses.....grandmasters...?

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:48 am

7heavens wrote: My theory is that the grandmasters are the exact opposites to the chiyoumen and each grandmasters corresponds to one of the 4 bosses. I think all grand masters and bosses are Chinese. Non are Japanese. And ryo will only be able to overcome a chiyoumen boss once gaining enlightenment from the corresponding grandmaster.

Makes sense. One of the grand masters could be that really bulky old guy with a big beard. I think he was in one if the project Berkeley videos.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 7heavens » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Another theory is that when we face lan di. If we lose to him in the initial battle he will take the Phoenix mirror from ryo and kidnapps shenhua. In which case ryo must train harder and chase him down before the ritual of the 2 mirrors and chiyou can be completed.I think the final showdown between ryo and landi will take place in front of tentei. I also think shenhua will end up dying possibly as a sacrifice.

This would be a very dramatic moment in the game as by this point the player would b very much attached to her.

Ryo would probably be very distressed as I believe he will fall in love with her.

At the end he neither gets nozomi nor joy nor xiu ying nor shenhua and is just left with pictures of them all.
But he does save the world from chi you though.

7heavens has received a thanks from: johnvivant
7heavens

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm

judging by the scenes in project berkely cg, shenhua will most likely get abducted by lan di. I love the fearful look on lan di's face when Shenhua creates the huge force push. we can probably assume from this that lan di doesn't have magic, or maybe he's just really surprised that shenhua has it.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:57 pm

What if Yuanda Zhu is Tentei ? We have:

- He knew both Iwao and Zhao, Zhao's death and also about the mirrors (even the "secret map").
- He knows a lot about martial arts.
- Lan Di left him alone in the rooftop.
- Suzuki said he was not a good source (or something like that).
- He knew Lan Di was going to attack Iwao.
- He knew Lan Di was going to guilin (even when he was "incommunicated").

What if getting the two mirrors was always his plan, then he planned to make Iwao and Zhao fight, but Iwao understood it and left with the mirrors, and Zhu killed Zhao, then got the help of Lan Di framing Iwao for the murder ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:49 pm

shredingskin wrote: What if Yuanda Zhu is Tentei ? We have:

- He knew both Iwao and Zhao, Zhao's death and also about the mirrors (even the "secret map").
- He knows a lot about martial arts.
- Lan Di left him alone in the rooftop.
- Suzuki said he was not a good source (or something like that).
- He knew Lan Di was going to attack Iwao.
- He knew Lan Di was going to guilin (even when he was "incommunicated").

What if getting the two mirrors was always his plan, then he planned to make Iwao and Zhao fight, but Iwao understood it and left with the mirrors, and Zhu killed Zhao, then got the help of Lan Di framing Iwao for the murder ?

There was a really good theory about yuanda zhu being a villain several years ago. I'd like to read it if anyone has the link.

EDIT
Did zhu know ryo has the Phoenix mirror?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III