confronting the 4 bosses.....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

confronting the 4 bosses.....

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:08 pm

We learned from the twitch stream that we will in fact b confronting the 4 bosses in shenmue 3. We know that each boss represents a cardinal pole ie north south east west. Do you think that these directions refer to the possible 4 entrances to the chi you men base in baisha?

Will we get the showdown with land di?

7heavens has received a thanks from: Jackie Fhan
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: confronting the 4 bosses.....

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:18 pm

7heavens wrote: We learned from the twitch stream that we will in fact b confronting the 4 bosses in shenmue 3. We know that each boss represents a cardinal pole ie north south east west. Do you think that these directions refer to the possible 4 entrances to the chi you men base in baisha?

Will we get the showdown with land di?

I think just in my opinion of course

Hopefully going to each one if a rewarding expeirence and have many missions and advancements without too much talking and back tracking. Hopefully more missons and a bit more fighting where it makes sense.

I think it would be great to fight Lan Di, even if you win there should be some cut scene where he simply thrashes you and you are still on your way to future revenge.

I think getting to a point in sh3 where ryo feels he is about to confront di and have his revenge is a good plot piece. Simply leaving ryo beat and broken down would also be a good story piece and a good movement for SH4

I feel that Lan di should really destroy ryo in a fight, sort of like that rocky stuff lol

I mean, he should almost basically kill him, break him, destroy him. Building your self back to strength to face him in the future would make for an epic game. I hope Yu has such a thing planned over the course of the story

Beat him phsyically but more importantly mentally. Make him question his quest, make him return home to work as a teacher or question his very being.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackie Fhan has received 2 thanks from: 7heavens, Reprise
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby MaxTheRabbit » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm ready, just beat down chai in you arcade yesterday
MaxTheRabbit
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:23 pm

the way he phrased it makes it a bit ambiguous as to whether shenmue 3 will actually include the boss battles themselves or end just before them;

'The budget we have right now, it's Shenmue with story elements. It will be Shenmue 3 up until the duel against the four big bosses. '

anyone got a better translation?

edit

ok saw that there was a better translation.

As further goals are reached, the content for various areas will be correspondingly expanded, but even with the story-oriented version, the plot will develop to reach a confrontation with the 4 leaders {of the Chiyoumen}.

so the confrontation with the 4 leaders is 'reached' so we can assume its included?
would be strange to end the game just before the boss fights, but then again we know Suzuki's habit of making cliff hanger endings!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Malik Ishtahl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:48 pm

It's possible that you confront, fight, and defeat some of them. The story of Shenmue continues past the Chi You Men, so it's possible that Ryo's gets retribution for his father's dead in this one
Malik Ishtahl
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: Dre4life90
Currently playing: GTA Online

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Yeah we possibly confront the 4 bosses. Beat niao sun and maybe another1 or possibly all but then turn our attention to tentei and the bigger plan.
7heavens

Postby KiD » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:38 pm

I remember from a while ago Yu had said the story can reach a comfortable conclusion around Chapter 11, and the story could be reworked to end there. I'm guessing the Chiyoumen saga will conclude around Chapter 11 where Ryo gets his revenge or finds peace with his father's murder. And what happens after Chapter 11 is further expanding upon the story, maybe Shenhua, other things, going back to Japan. Whatever the case, here's hoping we get through all 16 chapters within the next few years.
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Yeah I seem to remember him saying something along those lines. Also that he planned 16 chapters but only 11 chapters had been written thus far. If he makes games up till 11 and then does a manga or cinematic explaining the other 5, I'd b fine with that.
7heavens

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:06 pm

I thought I remember him saying there were only ever 11 chapters and the 16 or 17 was a mistake. I could be wrong. There's been so much Shenmue misinformation over the years.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 7heavens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm just going off what I can recall. I could b wrong. Maybe we cud get it clarified next time you Suzuki does a q&a.
7heavens

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:17 pm

7heavens wrote:Maybe we cud get it clarified next time you Suzuki does a q&a.

I was coming back to post the same thing. We definitely need to settle this for the record the next time he does a Q&A unless someone here remembers him settling it. I think the 16 may have included things like chapter 2 on the boat which was cut and maybe a few others. Then with cutting those out you're left with 11. Or he may have meant 11 remaining chapters after Shenmue 2. I just don't know. But we need to add this question to the list.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FistOfTheNorthStar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if we only get to fight Niao San in Shenmue 3 and perhaps have something regarding Ziming. I think Lan Di will be in Shenmue 4 personally...But I hope somehow the story progression works, because Ryo doesn't seem ready for Lan Di yet but who knows.
FistOfTheNorthStar

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Lan Di was in S1 and S2 so most likely he'll be in S3 too.

Chances are we will be facing Entei (Niao Sun) and why not Koutei and Gentei if Yu Suzuki feels like it.

You have to remember that Tentei is the real boss and Lan Di is working for him. So Yu Suzuki can definetly make Shenmue III's story around Chiyoumen's 3 bosses, some Grand Masters, and leave Shenmue IV for some kind of twist with Lan Di / Tentei and the remaining story.

Can't wait to see how you guys will enjoy the incoming chapters :)
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby joka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm not sure 16 chapters were ever stated but there was the below leak back in the day and I'm sure it was authentic.

http://shenmuedojo.net/images/shenmue3/ ... owImg2.gif

In regards to the 4 bosses themselves I took that as just a comment on the entire series rather that S3 itself but need to read the translation again

*edit read Switch's translation and yea definitely sounds like Ryo is going to be taking them on in S3!

Kinda surprised if I'm honest- there's going to need to be a heck of a montage to show how Ryo can take that step up in class :D

I'd expect any confrontation with Lan Di in S3 to end in Ryo's defeat but being saved from death (by Niao Sun or Ziming maybe?!) and getting some sort of recognition as Lan Di escapes again because he was still looking at Ryo like he was still nothing to worry about even after he whooped Don Nui.

It's Shenhua who's going to make Ryo a legit opponent I'm sure.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:31 pm

I think Aizen got confirmation from Yu that Ziming is not one of the four leaders of the chiyomen.

But please explain, what is the difference between the four chiyomen and the "grand masters."

EDIT
And you have to wonder, why would ryo after defeating lan di decide to pursue Tentei? Apart from "I'm going to kill everyone who had anything to do with the murder of my father." Or maybe Tentei, with all of his men dead, decides to go after ryo. After typing this my question seems kinda stupid but the edit will stand.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III