I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:40 pm

I just hope the series ends with Ryo and Lan Di sitting down over a bowl of carrots to make up with each other.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:56 pm

SMDzero wrote: I just hope the series ends with Ryo and Lan Di sitting down over a bowl of carrots to make up with each other.

I dunno man. There seems to be some bad blood with carrots. I would suggest parsnips. They're like carrots only a different colour.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:58 pm

SMDzero wrote: I just hope the series ends with Ryo and Lan Di sitting down over a bowl of carrots to make up with each other.

Read that as "make out" which reminded me I haven't really seen any shenmue fanfiction.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Jibby » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 pm

south carmain wrote:

Read that as "make out" which reminded me I haven't really seen any shenmue fanfiction.

You have the idea and motivation now, so get writing!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:10 pm

I fear my talents as a writer are too lacking to do such a masterpiece justice.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Jibby
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:19 pm

jeez guys I don't want Shenmue III to become Bailu Brokeback Village.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:59 pm

You don't want homoerotic undertones... in a Shenmue game? Just wanna throw the formula right out the window, eh?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby SMDzero » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:47 am

Well I mean yeah Ryo does go to the gay bar with sailors.... but that was just because he just turned 18 and was curious. There was nothing else in Shenmue to suggest Ryo would go full on gay.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:48 am

I'm sure you white-ass motherfuckers from the suburbs don't understand sheiiiiit about having pride in your work like those Japanese farmers!
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby MaxTheRabbit » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:11 am

carrots are good - if you don't like them, you are wrong
MaxTheRabbit
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SMDzero » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Nope carrots suck. Many players stopped playing Shenmue when they had pro-carrot propaganda shoved down their throats which is why Shenmue II didn't sell well and we had to wait over 5000 days until Shenmue 3 was announced.

Thank your precious carrots for that.

SMDzero has received 4 thanks from: johnvivant, MiTT3NZ, NeoShredder, TwiceFriedRice
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby NismoZZzz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:36 pm

The way Iwao stares at Ryo in this scene make me uncomfortable
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:21 pm

NismoZZzz wrote: The way Iwao stares at Ryo in this scene make me uncomfortable

"That's my boy..."

TwiceFriedRice has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, NeoShredder, NismoZZzz
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Riku Rose wrote: If Ryo refuses to eat the carrots then Iwao is going too have to make two dinners should he ever want to eat carrots for dinner. After awhile he would get bored of this and just start making meals that don't feature carrots at all. The local supermarket then starts ordering less carrots as they aren't selling as many since Iwao incorporated them into about 3 meals a week for a house of 4. Since the supplier stops sending as many out they lower the amount they need produced, this also leads to Kevin who drives the supplier truck being made redundant since the supplier has to cut the new loss somewhere and Tucker takes over the rest of his route. The farmer then isn't getting payed as much since he is growing less carrots. The farmer is hardly rolling in it already but this puts a stop to the saving him and his wife where doing to try and get a down payment on a mortgage so they can finally have a garden for little Sam to play in. Now they're living month to month it doesn't help when little Sam breaks his arm and they have to pay the medical bill. The farmers family had to pay for the hospital bills on credit cards and are now in debt quite badly. With the bills for the credit card finally coming in the post the farmer's wife decided she should take a part time job at the local bar to at least start paying some of this off. All goes well at first but the owner of bar starts making some moves on her and one night she gives in. Of course she confesses this to the farmer but he can never forgive her for cheating even if she thinks it was a mistake and came clean. Within two weeks she's moved back in with her mother and father. So the farmer has debt up to his eyeballs and not enough money coming in to pay it off, has to pay his wife for his child and is alone on the fields and at home. This mans life was ruined.

So eat your carrots.

LINCOLN — It’s an alimony case for the ages.

The Nebraska Supreme Court upheld a lower court decision Friday that requires a 95-year-old Pawnee City man to pay $3,200 in monthly alimony to his 96-year-old ex-wife. The couple were married for 32 years before their divorce last year.

Glenn Binder argued that Pawnee County District Judge Daniel Bryan Jr. abused his power by ordering an alimony payment that exceeds Binder’s monthly income. But the high court determined the amount was appropriate, given that the retired farmer and fertilizer dealer owns more than 200 acres of farmland.

Binder owned the land before 1982, when he and Laura Binder were married. In divorce proceedings, Laura Binder made no claim on the land, which was classified as a premarital asset.

An attorney for Glenn Binder said Friday’s ruling could have a significant impact on alimony calculation in future divorce cases.

“I think the court has given district judges the ability to utilize premarital property to satisfy an alimony obligation,” said attorney Claude Berreckman Jr. of Cozad.

The husband and wife were both in their 60s when they got married, after signing an agreement to keep their premarital assets separate. Both had children from previous marriages.

Laura Binder did not work outside the home, but she did assist her husband with his farming and fertilizer business.
In 2012.

Glenn Binder, who lives in a mobile home, filed for divorce because the marriage was irretrievably broken. His attorney denied that the couple separated as a way to preserve assets, saying Binder’s income consists of his Social Security and land rental payments.

Glenn Binder argued in his appeal that the court-ordered alimony payment is driving him into poverty. To prove it, he submitted figures from the court’s child support guidelines.

In previous rulings, the Supreme Court has said child support takes precedence over alimony. And courts should not order alimony that forces an income below the poverty threshold if the person also is supporting minor children.

But the child support guidelines don’t apply to alimony cases when children aren’t involved, said Judge William Connolly, who wrote the court’s opinion. And the record shows that Glenn Binder owns land with a taxable value in excess of $500,000.

“The land is not irrelevant to alimony even though it is Glenn’s premarital property,” Connolly wrote. “A court may consider all of the property owned by the parties — marital and separate — in decreeing alimony.”

Glenn Binder now finds himself with two options. He can sell his farmland, or he can borrow against it to make his
alimony payments, his attorney said.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/retired ... f37da.html

Eat your carrots

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jibby » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:20 pm

Iwao Hopzuki

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: MaxTheRabbit, NeoShredder