Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:42 pm

JaySw34 wrote: I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day

AMAZING!!!
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby NismoZZzz » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:49 pm

I already have the $300. Unless more rewards come it's staying there. Can't justify $200 for lame toys plus I have a mortgage to pay.

On the 3rd I'll be making a new account to pledge $30 for a PS4 digital code.

Otherwise I'm spent I'll be happy if it hits 5 million but I'm cool with 4.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby spinksy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Yeah I in no way meant this a pressure thing - when I up my pledge on the third that will be the absolute max I can afford at present times.

I hope it pushes the total up a bit. It feels like once we hit 4 million there's a few stretch goals in reach (until 5.1million anyway).
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:04 pm

mue 26 wrote: I know what I say here will make no difference as the whole of this site seems to be intent on this "$30 dollars on the 3rd thing”.

I came up with the idea, so I’ll tell you where I’m coming from and hopefully that will give you a better feel of why I think this is a good idea.

mue 26 wrote:1. Most Shenmue fans aware of the kickstarter will have already have pledged as much as they can afford
3. The whole thing is insulting for the fans who can't afford to up their pledge

Anywhere that I’ve posted a big explanation of the campaign I’ve tried to be clear about this: If you’ve pledged all you can, you’ve done an awesome job and you are highly appreciated in your efforts to help us fund Shenmue. The last thing I want someone to do is to feel discouraged because they can’t give more than others. And I definitely don’t want anyone to let their household’s finances slide or go into debt just to help video game. Real life is so much more important than a video game. So I hope no one thinks I, or anyone else, is pressuring them into squeezing any more money out of their budgets. I only speak from my finances in that I can give up a few fast food meals here and there to get just a few more dollars.

mue 26 wrote:5. Since this new initiative is essentially hijacking the long established tweetathon which uses #SaveShenmue, a slogan Yu Suzuki and his team now also embrace, people may assume this initiative has Yu and his team's blessing (when it doesn't), or was even organized by them themselves, and as such, this runs the risk of reflecting badly on them.

Hijacking? I don’t have a problem with #SaveShenmue but concerning Twitter you’ve got hardly any space to explain anything and half of it is used for @’s. We have #SaveShenmue to thank for just that, saving Shenmue. But now it’s time to look beyond that. We’ve got essentially 30 days to raise as much money as we can for Yu.

mue 26 wrote:As I said, I'm sure no one here will listen, but this idea smacks of desperation and lack of forethought.

Desperation, probably. There’s not one of us on this forum who isn’t desperate for Shenmue. And you’re right, it took no forethought because all the forethought required was “I bet people can add just a few extra dollars on the top of what they’ve pledged.” There were a lot of ideas in the first few days after the announcement. I, and many others, felt like this was the best shot we had to add to Yu’s warchest. And we’re dealing with so little anyway. I had two followers on Twitter when I started this: my wife and my cousin. Now I’ve maybe doubled that, maybe even tripled. I’ve always relied on the Dojo and 500k to do the heavy lifting.

I guess if you can think of another idea that would be more beneficial, by all means, get the ball rolling. $30 on the 3rd was meant to be simple, easy to promote and have a clear deadline.

elfshadowreaper has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:08 pm

NismoZZzz wrote: I already have the $300. Unless more rewards come it's staying there. Can't justify $200 for lame toys plus I have a mortgage to pay.

On the 3rd I'll be making a new account to pledge $30 for a PS4 digital code.

Otherwise I'm spent I'll be happy if it hits 5 million but I'm cool with 4.

I'm in the same boat. The prizes are kinda neat to a point, but I can't spend past $250 for the entire kickstarter and none of the other rewards are worth the extra money. I'd love the mirrors they're talking about, but I know they're going to be way too high for me to get, because I too have a mortgage.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby jakester » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:25 pm

I'll go up to $300 on third. That next rung gets me the second arcane scroll. Can't see me going any higher unless I gets me a mirror. Has to be stone though. Plastic would be a bit rubbish!

jakester has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
jakester
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:33 pm

I'll probably raise my pledge by $45 so I'll be at $555 then. I'd do more but I have yet to see how much I can handle.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KidMarine » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:36 pm

jakester wrote: I'll go up to $300 on third. That next rung gets me the second arcane scroll. Can't see me going any higher unless I gets me a mirror. Has to be stone though. Plastic would be a bit rubbish!

No way are any of the mirrors they'll offer be stone. Unless they're in a $5k+ tier.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby 0rganiker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

I don't really care about any negative spin or "pressurizing" that might be going on because of this $30 on the 3rd campaign. If you feel pressurized by people who don't know you on the internet asking you to donate more money if you feel like it, you're kind of being a baby. Your personal stakes are non-existent here. If you never give the extra $30, no one will ever know.

Whenever someone tries to create something positive, there will always be detractors. That doesn't mean you should stop, though, because as I said, there will ALWAYS be detractors. Detractors don't create shit; they cause a net negative effect in any situation they're in.

I look at this $30 on the 3rd campaign in a positive light. I think, "if I skip a couple meals out this month and make my coffee at home every morning, $30 shouldn't be any problem at all." It's positive reinforcement, helping me do something I should be doing anyway. I will definitely be donating on the 3rd.

All that said, no one who doesn't donate on the 3rd should feel bad. I think we as a community will have to reinforce that in the near future, when we don't meet whatever stretch goal we fall short of and some members start pointing fingers at those who didn't give more. Let me repeat, NO ONE should feel bad if they don't donate on the 3rd.

Personally, I'm in a very transitionary position. I just got the full-time job that I've been working 2 straight years specifically to get. If this KS campaign happened a month previous I would be tapped for cash. If it would have happened two months from now I would be able to give much more. Instead it's happening right now, right in the middle of the transition. I have to be very careful about how much I give, and have been thinking a lot about it.

Each person has a certain amount they're willing to give, and they shouldn't be made to feel bad about it. On the other hand, there are surely a lot of people who could give a little more, and will respond positively to our $30 on the 3rd campaign.

0rganiker has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Mystere
0rganiker
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby jakester » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:13 pm

KidMarine wrote:
jakester wrote: I'll go up to $300 on third. That next rung gets me the second arcane scroll. Can't see me going any higher unless I gets me a mirror. Has to be stone though. Plastic would be a bit rubbish!

No way are any of the mirrors they'll offer be stone. Unless they're in a $5k+ tier.

Very true, and I can't go that high! Plaster perhaps? :-k

Personally, I think the $30 on 3rd is a great idea. Every little helps at the moment and that includes exposure. Would I have increased to $300 before the end? Probably. However it's going to push me a step higher now and would reduce the next jump (comparatively) if another reward comes along. :D
jakester
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby zaneiken » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:32 pm

KidMarine wrote:No way are any of the mirrors they'll offer be stone. Unless they're in a $5k+ tier.

What about polystone? I thought the phoenix mirror base on the exclusive version of the First 4 Figures Ryo Hazuki statue looked alright.
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:36 pm

No. Marble. That I can see my reflection in. I'd eat a fetus for one of them.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: jakester, Supa
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ConanTheKing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:37 pm

Woah, I gotta say to hear some of you say you are pledging at least a thousand, that's real dedication to the game. Thanks for your support.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:39 pm

mue 26 wrote: I know what I say here will make no difference as the whole of this site seems to be intent on this "$30 dollars on the 3rd thing". But I really think this has been a misguided idea and not thought through particularly carefully because:

1. Most Shenmue fans aware of the kickstarter will have already have pledged as much as they can afford
2. Even if they haven't, just yelling at them to up their pledge will unlikely provide much motivation for them to do so
3. The whole thing is insulting for the fans who can't afford to up their pledge
4. It will come across as pressurizing, and may even put people off pledging at all
5. Since this new initiative is essentially hijacking the long established tweetathon which uses #SaveShenmue, a slogan Yu Suzuki and his team now also embrace, people may assume this initiative has Yu and his team's blessing (when it doesn't), or was even organized by them themselves, and as such, this runs the risk of reflecting badly on them.

As I said, I'm sure no one here will listen, but this idea smacks of desperation and lack of forethought.

I'm afraid I have to agree to this to an extent. I've already pledged $60, and I really don't think I'm gonna be able to up it beyond that, sorry. 14 years have passed and a lot of us have rent and bills to pay, other responsibilities etc. Already seen a lot of pressure like this on the 500k group on Facebook, and it's getting a tad annoying. Just as long as it's respected and appreciated that some of us simply can't donate any more, though, I suppose this campaign can't do much harm.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Testament » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:50 pm

So, I actually really considered this, and even went over to the Pledge rewards to see what I could get for $100 (I pledged $60 so far) and honestly I just can't justify spending an additional $40 to play a demo of the game before it comes out. The project is funded, the game is coming out, and my copy (that I am paying double for) is secured. Good luck guys, and I really do respect those of you who care deeply enough to up your pledges on the third.
Testament

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III