IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Postby Kenny » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 pm

I doubt it's because of stuff like this.

The Kickstarter is at a lull until it approaches near the end. That''s usually how it happens.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Yama » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Even if small, it's effecting the campaign in some way. People love to think they're on the inside of information, the ignorant believe in conspiracy theorist ramblings that 2+2=5, throw them a bone and they'll go after it. The second the mainstream gets a hold of information like this, they think they know better and see it as another major corporation trying to screw them. Again, even if small, every bit counts and this is definitely a negative that we don't need. The point that it's still occurring is baffling.

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby LucBu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Might be more efficent to tweet the article writer. Keep calm people.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Yes do tweet at Justin Davis and anyone else in the IGN staff to run a proper article.
Nobody in that podcast circle could even correct Justin Davis when he said what he said. They just feed off each others conjecture.

Edit: Just did it.
Ironic his name is @errorjustin

Axm has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Arm Wrestler, ConanTheKing, Yokosuka
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Supa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

How about the Dojo runs a thorough news piece laying out the facts and specifically calling out fools like this who can't read? It doesn't have to be hateful, just point out that they are just spewing bs.

Supa has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:04 pm

We need to destroy all who oppose "the cause".

Tomato Convenience Store has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Bambi » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Mailed them.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Axm
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Doom_Infinite » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Kenny wrote: I doubt it's because of stuff like this.

The Kickstarter is at a lull until it approaches near the end. That''s usually how it happens.

Not really anymore. Bloodstained was taking in steady 30~70k a day all throughout the campaign thanks to awesome work by the PR and KS team.
Last edited by Doom_Infinite on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doom_Infinite

Postby LucBu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm

It seems Huber is tweeting on the misinformation in an attempt to reinform people. It's like we're doing iron palm, not on a tree but a mountain.

LucBu has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yama
LucBu

Postby EdenSB » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Have any fans written up a completely factual, sourced statement about everything we know about the funding from everything Yu Suzuki and the other involved people have said? Who is funding it. What funding is going towards. How much is coming from who and going on what? Etc. I know there was an update on the KS, but only people who already pledged or are thinking about it are likely to see it and it didn't give much information.

I've seen a few people who seem to think that this is a Sony game/being funded by Sony with Kickstarter as a preorder system. On the opposite side, I've seen a few people who seem to think that Sony isn't doing anything but marketing.

We all know it's not a Sony game. Sony are providing funding though, as said by YS in the Twitch interview;

>YS: Sony is providing us with support in various ways including marketing, funding and promotion, and they’re our most important partner; they’re also our largest and most valued backer

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48103&start=15#p1097784

It might be useful, both to post somewhere such as /r/games on Reddit and other popular places where users can post information and to respond to articles and such with.
EdenSB
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby punkmanced » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:27 pm

First, IGN as a website is complete trash. There are no exclusive articles anywhere. Go to their movie section, you get TV reviews. Go to the PS4 department to read up on your Wii-U content. The few “articles” they do have are mostly clickbait with game-spoiling headlines anyway. I won’t go into the annoying beta douchebaggery that transpired in the few podcasts they successfully managed to autoplay on me.

Second, IGN has never gotten anything right regarding Shenmue. Ever. I’m not making this sh*t up. The same thing was happening years and years ago in the old forums, when they had managed to completely bungle the main character names out of nowhere in one of their preview articles. Ryo or Lan Di had been baptized “Sou Ryuu”.

...I take it they never got any cash envelopes regarding this franchise :roll:
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Supa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:50 pm

To be fair, Souryu was a name of Lan Di's in some early material.

The Dojo should run a piece stating all of the facts, and spread it everywhere. We also need to team up with other communities and sites and get the word out. I'd do it but I am on an army base with only my phone until July 11.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby johnvivant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Supa wrote: How about the Dojo runs a thorough news piece laying out the facts and specifically calling out fools like this who can't read? It doesn't have to be hateful, just point out that they are just spewing bs.

i agree, there needs to be a definitive short piece here at the dojo outlining all the information that we currently know about the funding of the game. with all the relevant Yu Suzuki quotes.

there were some jpeg images with quotes floating around on twitter, and someone posted them somewhere, but having it all in one post as a sticky topic in the forums would be very useful. (we can basically do the gaming 'journalists' fact collecting work for them).

this whole 'sony is funding it, so you don't needs to pledge' meme needs to die.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:18 pm

IGN always tries to make headlines with their bogus stories. The gaming industry continues to hold them to a high regard still to this day as an elite company & credible source. [-X
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote:
Kenny wrote: I doubt it's because of stuff like this.

Not really anymore. Bloodstained was taking in steady 30~70k a day all throughout the campaign thanks to awesome work by the PR and KS team.

You mean the game that made $5.5 million in total from its whole campaign?

This game is not very far from that goal at all. In fact, it's possible it'll surpass that. So what i'm saying is true. If it was really that big of a deal, Bloodstained would rank in over $10 million if they had "better PR and marketing".

S3 is doing just fine. Fans are getting paranoid over nothing even though they are getting pandered to OBLIVION. Anything concerning Yu wanting even MORE money is just him being way too ambitious, it happens alot in the film industry where people are asking for tons and tons of money when a project can actually make it with a fraction of the costs providing some REALLY creative heads are involved and know how to cut corners without compromising quality.

Hopefully he won't be so wasteful and know how to conserve funds better. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and consulted with budget managers so he can get the most with what he's got.

Kenny has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III