KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward added.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:30 am

James, maybe a message to Ys Net would help.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: James Brown
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby NismoZZzz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 am

Great news that's he's back and they are including him as an award for the higher tiers. Looking forward to the update Friday. Guarantee Friday we get more rewards. It's crunch time baby.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby joka » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 am

James Brown wrote:Hmm, after reading the update, it seems as though all of the tiers above $1k get this reward included, which is a little disappointing to hear since i've got one of the $1k grab bag rewards at the moment, and obviously this ends up being the only premium tier not to include this as a reward then. So for me to get the Corey Marshall voice message, I would either need to spend an additional $1k, and end up with 2 lots of the $500 rewards :( or swap from one tier to the other.

Yea you're right James but then if they gave it to the people on the 1k grab bag reward also there wouldn't be any justification in making it a 1k rewards itself without would it...

Does seem a bit silly though- message them maybe and say can those in the 1k grab bag tier not be given the option of maybe increasing to 1.2k or something to get the Corey message also.

joka has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, mjq jazz bar
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 am

joka wrote:
James Brown wrote:Hmm, after reading the update, it seems as though all of the tiers above $1k get this reward included, which is a little disappointing to hear since i've got one of the $1k grab bag rewards at the moment, and obviously this ends up being the only premium tier not to include this as a reward then. So for me to get the Corey Marshall voice message, I would either need to spend an additional $1k, and end up with 2 lots of the $500 rewards :( or swap from one tier to the other.

Yea you're right James but then if they gave it to the people on the 1k grab bag reward also there wouldn't be any justification in making it a 1k rewards itself without would it...

Does seem a bit silly though- message them maybe and say can those in the 1k grab bag tier not be given the option of maybe increasing to 1.2k or something to get the Corey message also.

I think Corey should have been a $750 reward if i'm being honest. I think alot of $500 reward backers or lower, might not feel the leap between the tiers is worth it, and there probably would have been alot more bites at this level...but will message them anyways about the grab bag tier people and see if they can do anything :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 am

I'm really against an English dub with this project.

More than likely, the entire game won't be completely voiced like in past games now. It'll be more in line with Yakuza games where only cutscenes are subbed, and that's not a compromise I really wanted. They could have pooled more resources to get the entire game subbed, but now have officially announced an English dub it's not going to happen. I know a lot of fans like the English dub, but I find it a complete waste of resources, which are much smaller than past Shenmue games.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby elmatto » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 am

The original dub had really weird ways in which the dialogue was spoke. I wonder if that'll be remedied or if it'll be more of the same. I remember Cory sayin something about being told to speak lines in really awkward ways. Maybe my memory is wrong though
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 am

Good news, personally I prefer the Japanese voice overs however a lot of people wanted this and they got it now and even with a preference for Japanese voice overs my fave quote of Ryo is Corey's "I think I'll get another".
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby garou » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:12 pm

i would have preferred japanese dub only since the english dub will cost some money that would have been better used somewhere else...
garou
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 pm

I feel getting a message seems really silly. What is the appeal of that exactly?

Maybe it if was in the game , ryo calls a certain number has your voice message and he leaves a special message for you in the game.. . That would be a little better
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:40 pm

It's actually brilliant. It costs little to nothing to do (I bet Corey isn't charging them since he's a huge supporter of the series) and it will persuade some reluctant high rollers to raise their pledges.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:00 pm

So, we still get Japanese VO with subtitles, right?
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Glorious_Basterd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm really happy about this one, but as for the rest of them....they need to be re-cast. Get some real talent in there please Yu Susuki!
Glorious_Basterd
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Seems as though we've forgotten about the great Paul Lucas!

Never heard any complaints about Lan Di or Chai's performances
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Glorious_Basterd wrote: I'm really happy about this one, but as for the rest of them....they need to be re-cast. Get some real talent in there please Yu Susuki!

I wouldn't complain if they got Kelso back to play Guizhang (if Guizhang will ever show up again) but not as Ren. I'd also like Paul Lucas back the most aside from Corey, since he played a good part as Lan Di and Chai (imo, the only legit good VA in the series).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III