A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby artnos » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:19 pm

here are mine, that i have been holding on to.

1. Will we still get the Virtua Fighter combat that was present in Shenmue 1 and 2? I have concerns because of the budjet.

2. Will we be able to pick up objects like the original Shenmue 1 and 2?

4. One of the stretch goal is a part time job, if we don't hit that mark. Will there still be one in the base game? If No can we move that stretch goal higher.

5. Regarding Ryo face, couldn't you use the model from the dreamcast days. Can you elaborate on what assets did Sega provide.

6. Will you guys be trying to get sponsors like Coke to help fund the game?

7. Will we still be able to fund the game after the initial month closes?

8. How far along was Shenmue 3 development before the kickstarter started?

9. What is the Siege mechanic?

10. What is magic maze? Auto generated dungeon?

artnos has received a thanks from: Mitsuzuki
artnos
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: June 2015
PSN: artnos
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:21 pm

BlueMue wrote: I'm going to aks him how far they got Shenmue III developed for the Dreamcast. Was thinking about asking him on Twitter anyway. This is the perfect opportunity to do it now.

And does he posses the proto / GD-ROMS?

Also, a reward added for 100k backers to go to an amusement park with Suzuki-san and ride roller coasters and play arcade games and bumper cars.
Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3
Imageby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:10 pm
Wude-Tang Clan wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:shenmue 1 and 2 hd port is simply not possible.

If Shenmue 3 is possible, then anything is possible.
User avatar
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby 7heavens » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:28 pm

I'm not a twitter user (yet.... So don't know how and where to send the tweets to... Don't know how these hash tags function either) so can some1 also ask if the end section of shenmue 3 where we met shenhua, was it supposed to actually be part of shenmue 3?
Polished Mirrors bring the Heavens to Earth.
Reach the Horizons of the Desert to Kiss the Sky.
Reach the Horizons of the Ocean to Become the Sky.
User avatar
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Blackburn, UK
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Ok, here's the thing...We need ONE person to tweet from the Dojo. Whoever had access to the Dojo's twitter and will be available at that time. That person has ALL of our predetermined questions. It is us peons' job to retweet and favorite all of the questions that flow from the Dojo's twitter. So, who's a mod here who has access to the twitter?
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 pm

I have access to the Dojo's twitter but I'd probably rather leave putting the most important questions up there up to someone else for now as I'm still not very good with Twitter and we don't want to mess this up.

So you think it will be best to ask the questions on friday, while this is running? It makes sense but I thought maybe he has by then already picked his questions and will answer them. So maybe it's better to post the question earlier?

BlueMue has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
User avatar
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: August 2008
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby 7heavens » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:44 pm

I think it'd be good to start asking straight away. I've just downloaded d twitter app. Who do we send the tweets to? Is it @shenmue_3?
Polished Mirrors bring the Heavens to Earth.
Reach the Horizons of the Desert to Kiss the Sky.
Reach the Horizons of the Ocean to Become the Sky.
User avatar
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Blackburn, UK
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

BlueMue wrote: I have access to the Dojo's twitter but I'd probably rather leave putting the most important questions up there up to someone else for now as I'm still not very good with Twitter and we don't want to mess this up.

So you think it will be best to ask the questions on friday, while this is running? It makes sense but I thought it maybe he has by then already picked his questions and will answer them. So maybe it's better to post the question earlier?


I guarantee they will pick some, if not all, questions before hand. They don't want what happened in the Twitch to happen again. I would say we should ask the major questions on Friday afternoon(USA time) and then ask them again that night. We can also ask the smaller questions that night.

BlueMue wrote:I think it'd be good to start asking straight away. I've just downloaded d twitter app. Who do we send the tweets to? Is it @shenmue_3


I'd say #SaveShenmue and #YouaskYu. Definitely #YouaskYu though if space is a problem.

"you canTweet to Yu Suzuki by including the hashtag #YouaskYu in your message along with your question."

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: 7heavens
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:07 pm

I think we are more likely to get answers to our questions if mulitple people tweet the same questions so they appear more often. with that in mind we might want to compile our favorites from the thread (and others) and have perhaps 10 set questions we will all ask via the hash tag.

These are the ones I would like to know:

** Will you use the "Shenmue Trial" as feedback to improve the game in the same way Square Enix have with the FF15 demo?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 1317257216

** Will there be official kickstarter/Shenmue 3 forums to discuss and give feedback throughout the development process?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 2277606400

** Will everything be voice acted in the same way as 1 and 2? or will budget constraints not allow 100% VO all the time?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 0778502144

** If you allow PayPal pledges after the Kickstarter finishes will you still let us know when stretch goals are met?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 9377376256

** Do you no longer have access to the 3d models used in the “Shenmue Passport” disc to help you model Ryo and other characters?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 5642720256

** Will all action scenes be fully motion captured like the previous Shenmue games or is this too cost prohibitive?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 0797357056

** If SEGA agree to release HD versions of Shenmue 1 and 2 will you allow save game imports into Shenmue 3?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 7648960512

I've provided links to my tweets in case you guys like the questions and want to retweet/favorite to make them more visible and increase their chance of being asked.
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-RiGoRmOrTiS
RiGoRoUsLy RiGoRmOrTiS

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Shenmuehua
User avatar
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: September 2003
Location: Newcastle, England
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:12 pm

One question..... and one selfish question only....

Will there be any more dinners added to the $10,000 tier?


Times running out and I am starting to lose hope. I've done everything in my power to make it happen, from contacting every person who could possibly make it a reality, to already selling off some of my most prized gaming treasures, which may turn out to be for absolutely no reason.

Again, a selfish question I know, and I apologise.
Image

Peter has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby 0rganiker » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Wouldn't it be better to ask one question per tweet? What I've noticed (the reddit AMA is a good example) is that if a multiple part question is asked, some parts are never answered. What I mean, is that I think as soon as one of the questions is answered, that entire tweet will go into the "answered" pile and he'll never look back at it to answer the other questions.
0rganiker
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 pm

0rganiker wrote: Wouldn't it be better to ask one question per tweet? What I've noticed (the reddit AMA is a good example) is that if a multiple part question is asked, some parts are never answered. What I mean, is that I think as soon as one of the questions is answered, that entire tweet will go into the "answered" pile and he'll never look back at it to answer the other questions.


I've separated all my questions out above, if you want to know the answer to any of them be sure to retweet/favorite. I recommend everyone else does the same if they have questions they want answered, post a link to your tweet here so people can retweet and favorite.
-RiGoRmOrTiS
RiGoRoUsLy RiGoRmOrTiS
User avatar
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: September 2003
Location: Newcastle, England
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby 7heavens » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 pm

My questions
@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu will u research latest tech in AI so u can include it in shenmue 3 to make it a pioneering game like its predecessors?
https://twitter.com/imranali4172/status/616378416724639744?s=01

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu was the ending section of shenmue 2 when we meet shenhua originally supposed to be in shenmue 3?
https://twitter.com/imranali4172/status/616371047760306176?s=01

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu how were you able to push such amazing graphics from the Saturn version of shenmue. Characters had facial expressions!
https://twitter.com/imranali4172/status/616369608082202624?s=01

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu what does the word shenmue actually mean?
https://twitter.com/imranali4172/status/616368796090155009?s=01

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu was Saturn version of Shenmue fully playable & is it still around at sega. if so can u add as bonus content in
https://twitter.com/imranali4172/status/616368433714872324?s=01

#YouaskYu were there originally 16 chapters in the shenmue saga or were there 11? please elaborate as to why some say 16 and some say 11.
https://twitter.com/imranali4172/status/616365993737236481?s=01
Polished Mirrors bring the Heavens to Earth.
Reach the Horizons of the Desert to Kiss the Sky.
Reach the Horizons of the Ocean to Become the Sky.
User avatar
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2015
Location: Blackburn, UK
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Peter wrote: One question..... and one selfish question only....

Will there be any more dinners added to the $10,000 tier?


Times running out and I am starting to lose hope. I've done everything in my power to make it happen, from contacting every person who could possibly make it a reality, to already selling off some of my most prized gaming treasures, which may turn out to be for absolutely no reason.

Again, a selfish question I know, and I apologise.


Does Cedric know? That's just turning down money if they don't let you. Yu has to eat dinner some time. Maybe they could accept just a private donation non-Kickstarter related and let you go another night. Don't worry about it being selfish, you're not just asking for it to be given to you. You've given up stuff that's important for the opportunity.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: Peter
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:48 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
** Will everything be voice acted in the same way as 1 and 2? or will budget constraints not allow 100% VO all the time?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 0778502144

** If SEGA agree to release HD versions of Shenmue 1 and 2 will you allow save game imports into Shenmue 3?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 7648960512


Excellent questions! Those are huge and need to be answered.
User avatar
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: July 2008
Location: Brunswick, Ga

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
Peter wrote: One question..... and one selfish question only....

Will there be any more dinners added to the $10,000 tier?


Times running out and I am starting to lose hope. I've done everything in my power to make it happen, from contacting every person who could possibly make it a reality, to already selling off some of my most prized gaming treasures, which may turn out to be for absolutely no reason.

Again, a selfish question I know, and I apologise.


Does Cedric know? That's just turning down money if they don't let you. Yu has to eat dinner some time. Maybe they could accept just a private donation non-Kickstarter related and let you go another night. Don't worry about it being selfish, you're not just asking for it to be given to you. You've given up stuff that's important for the opportunity.


He does, and did offer some hope on Twitter which did get me excited. But Awesome Japan have ignored me completely, and now as time goes on and things get a lot more busy, I assume my request will have dropped off of the radar.

It's cool, at the end of the day I did miss my chance so it's no one's fault but my own.
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net