YOUR picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

Postby Jesse » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Now that shenmue 3 is happening has Yu Suzuki gone over the script and plan to make any changes to the overall story or certain scenarios considering that it's been 14 years and he may feel differently now? Who's the Jacky Bryant looking character in project berkeley and shenmue online footage? Does the Saga stretch out over another year? Any chance of Nozomi or shenmue 1 cast returning further in the chapters?
Last edited by Jesse on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 pm

I totally echo the question about 11/16 chapters. We need clarification.

Also will we have an option of subs or dubs?

If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

And ask about more dinners. That's a no-brainer to raise more money. There are plenty who would jump at that opportunity. Like Peter.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:53 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:And ask about more dinners. That's a no-brainer to raise more money. There are plenty who would jump at that opportunity. Like Peter.

If he added 2 more, then maybe because its also giving someone else the opportunity, which id be cool with. But i dont wanna waste time with a question thats only beneficial for myself.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:07 pm

These are the questions I am personally interested in. Hope we all can help each other. I am not sure how much or when I'll be around for the actual event. I'll probably be t work again I am guessing

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu 1. Can we get a 10,000 studio tour tier, sign session, round table and more included?

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu 2. How will loading be handled compared to SH 1/2? Can we enter, walk up steps more easily?

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu 3. Can you create a Paypal account and keep it updated through out SH3's development cycle?

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu 4. Can we get more Saturn, Dreamcast video of Sh123 in SH3? interview, development videos as well?

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu 5. Will you be considering 2 player versus fighting? Arenas brought from the bet locations in the game?

@Shenmue_3 #YouaskYu 6. Can you try to add a tier for a Dreamcast Special Case Edition, with full color manual?
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: Peter
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Peter wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote:And ask about more dinners. That's a no-brainer to raise more money. There are plenty who would jump at that opportunity. Like Peter.

If he added 2 more, then maybe because its also giving someone else the opportunity, which id be cool with. But i dont wanna waste time with a question thats only beneficial for myself.

That isn't the case though man, there could be quite a few people wanting such things. I strongly believe in the studio tour with goodies, sign sessions. Playing the game early and seeing all sorts of things. That is a true Shenmue dream imo and it could be done in small groups if enough people buy into it.

Jackie Fhan has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, Peter
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote: Have you reached out to SEGA yet regarding the re-release of Shenmue 1 and 2?

I am going to assume we need to reword this question. I think most of us have no doubt he has done this. I doubt the will elaborate anything on this question as a lot of the questions they jus keep silent on.

But, maybewe can ask it in such a way like

Have their been recent talks and negotiations to bring SH 1 and 2 since the KS started?
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
Peter wrote:

That isn't the case though man, there could be quite a few people wanting such things. I strongly believe in the studio tour with goodies, sign sessions. Playing the game early and seeing all sorts of things. That is a true Shenmue dream imo and it could be done in small groups if enough people buy into it.

Oh dude that is an epic idea. I would take a studio tour over dinner i think. But as long as i would be meeting Yu-san. Thats the deal maker.

I would donate my $10,000 happily as long as that it involved going to Japan and meeting Yu in some capacity.

Peter has received a thanks from: Jackie Fhan
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ianpm31 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Honestly the most important questions to me ......

Will there be free-battle at it's current funding?

And I know this is already a popular question...

Pay-pal route like Star Citizen?

We would definitely hit every stretch goal if that happened
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Peter wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:
Peter wrote:

Oh dude that is an epic idea. I would take a studio tour over dinner i think. But as long as i would be meeting Yu-san. Thats the deal maker.

I would donate my $10,000 happily as long as that it involved going to Japan and meeting Yu in some capacity.

I hope they can see the need for such a thing. I think it would be one of the best tier ideas at a high price tag if they just take the time to seeit, plan it and explain everything you guys could do in a tour. It would be pretty damn cool to play games see their work, basically hang out and become friens :mrgreen:
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yaohua » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:53 pm

A question to ask? Hmm?

With him mentioning Ren as a returning character, can we expect to see other characters return from the first two games? (Eg. Like Guizhang, Xiuying?)
Yaohua
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Will Shenmue III be fully voice acted like I and II?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby SlySpy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Will the fighting animations be done by hand, or motion captured?

Will Ryo be able to eat and drink in Shenmue 3?

In Shenmue 1 and 2, you would get a bad ending if you took too long to beat the game. Will Shenmue 3 similarly have its own bad ending if you take too long to finish it?

Will Ryo have a change of clothing over the course of Shenmue 3? Some of the concept art depicts him in a green kung fu uniform.

Will there be controller support for both xbox and playstation controllers on the PC version? Will this be reflected in the user interface for displaying the buttons you need to use in a move list or QTE?

Will you be able to set keyboard controls on the PC version?

Are you consulting anyone on how to make a well optimized? PC version of the game?

How will the walking controls be implemented in Shenmue 3? Will they be the same as in Shenmue 1 and 2, or will they be modified in any way?
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:49 pm

How will the walking controls be implemented in Shenmue 3? Will they be the same as in Shenmue 1 and 2, or will they be modified in any way?

I feel they really need to be an evolved transition. Especially with the analog stick. Interaction needs to be easier, movement needs to feel simple, easy and nice. Maybe some walking, jogging and running speeds as well.

Current gamers will not like to play the game with the old style of movement, no doubt. A lot of the hardcore fans won' even want it to be exact I'd imagine? No reason not to make movement better, steps, transitions etc
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:07 am

elfshadowreaper wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

I really want this question answered.

Ziming has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 am

elfshadowreaper wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

That would be so awesome!

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III