KS Update #23+#24 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:18 pm

I think these rewards are great. I was really worried about having voiced NPC rewards, but having backers as ChiYouMen members won't take away from the integrity of the game IMO, you've had a bunch of bad guys of different races etc in previous games, they'll just be another figuratively faceless enemy to everyone apart from the backer and their friends and family.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby LucBu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Amir wrote:I think these rewards are great. I was really worried about having voiced NPC rewards, but having backers as ChiYouMen members won't take away from the integrity of the game IMO, you've had a bunch of bad guys of different races etc in previous games, they'll just be another figuratively faceless enemy to everyone apart from the backer and their friends and family.

I remember that the Chi You Men enemies of Shenmue 2 had the most interesting modeled faces and haircuts of the entire game though. I wonder if they were staff members or something originally?

LucBu has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:27 pm

LucBu wrote:
Amir wrote:I think these rewards are great. I was really worried about having voiced NPC rewards, but having backers as ChiYouMen members won't take away from the integrity of the game IMO, you've had a bunch of bad guys of different races etc in previous games, they'll just be another figuratively faceless enemy to everyone apart from the backer and their friends and family.

I remember that the Chi You Men enemies of Shenmue 2 had the most interesting modeled faces and haircuts of the entire game though. I wonder if they were staff members or something originally?

Dunno.

Also think it was a clever idea to have the guest register thing be by the Choubu boats. Makes more sense having "Amir" or whoever be a tourist visiting Choubu than some villager in Bailu :P
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby LucBu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Yeah. A great reward and not too intrusive to the game. Wall of polaroids or something.
LucBu

Postby itani » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:39 pm

So told my other half that I pledge 10k on a game she sort of got angry lol and told me to get my priorities straight cause I need to pay for a mortgage. I might have to retract it ffs :(
itani
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 pm

James Brown wrote:
ianpm31 wrote:
code l name wrote: Yeah amazing how much drive the Shenmue community has to keep pulling the KS campaign along.

Can't wait until Neogaf and other mainstream sources get a hold of the news.

Can't believe Neogaf is down atm

Did we crash it like the Kickstarter :P?

Naw, it was likely the Reddit revolt that did it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby LucBu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:44 pm

itani wrote: So told my other half that I pledge 10k on a game she sort of got angry lol and told me to get my priorities straight cause I need to pay for a mortgage. I might have to retract it ffs :(

No. If she can't accept you for the things you love then that's not going to work long term.
LucBu

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:45 pm

LucBu wrote:
itani wrote: So told my other half that I pledge 10k on a game she sort of got angry lol and told me to get my priorities straight cause I need to pay for a mortgage. I might have to retract it ffs :(

No. If she can't accept you for the things you love then that's not going to work long term.

Or he should have told her he's going to put 10k down on a game before doing it. :roll: But yes, it's definitely her fault.
Last edited by Himuro on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby itani » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:46 pm

LucBu wrote:

Can see where you're coming from, but I do need to pay off a mortgage too...life is unfair
itani

Postby south carmain » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:47 pm

How dare he keep up on his mortgage payments instead of putting all his money in to a video game with no financial return!

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, PacemaŜinobo
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

His wife is definitely not wife material because she was mad he put down 10 thousand dollars towards a video game without consulting her. I have never had a girlfriend.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Tomato Convenience Store
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby itani » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

south carmain wrote: How dare he keep up on his mortgage payments instead of putting all his money in to a video game with no financial return!

It's a very special game to me but I'm gonna have to think it through properly before retracting. If this was a couple of years ago fine but now I'm in quite the situation lol. I have 2 weeks to think about it

She wasn't mad about not consulting her it was what I would get in return for that much money and it's not exactly an investment
itani

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 pm

itani wrote:
south carmain wrote: How dare he keep up on his mortgage payments instead of putting all his money in to a video game with no financial return!

It's a very special game to me but I'm gonna have to think it through properly before retracting. If this was a couple of years ago fine but now I'm in quite the situation lol. I have 2 weeks to think about it

She wasn't mad about not consulting her it was what I would get in return for that much money and it's not exactly an investment

Carmain wasn't criticizing you, he was making fun of LucBu who made it seem like your wife being mad means that the two of you shouldn't be together and that you should dump her because you pledged 10k to a video game because she doesn't understand.

Trust me, if I had the money I would do the same thing.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:00 pm

itani wrote:

I'd say it depends on what your net worth is. If you're a millionaire $10,000 is barely enough to move the needle. But if you make $40,000/year dropping $10k on a game is the definition of insanity. You have to use your minds people. This is Shenmue but you don't want to make a decision that screws up your finances or even your marriage. I can tell you this, there's nothing in the world I'd go in debt for. We've got a mortgage and we're paying off student loans but after that were never EVER borrowing money.

Now if you have no debt and have the cash and you and your wife talk it through, go for it!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LucBu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Himuro wrote:
itani wrote:

Carmain wasn't criticizing you, he was making fun of LucBu who made it seem like your wife being mad means that the two of you shouldn't be together and that you should dump her because you pledged 10k to a video game because she doesn't understand.

Trust me, if I had the money I would do the same thing.

It was a joke.
LucBu

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III