DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:16 pm

So happy for you Peter!

Wish I could afford that kinda money by the 18th!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks for the messages guys. Grab a cup of tea and chill, i will be explaining a few things.

Firstly i have been trying to get more dinner slots added for the better part of 2 weeks now. I missed out on the last Japan slot, which has turned out to be fine! But it did bum me out when it was taken, mostly because i have always wanted to visit Japan, and also meet Matt and also David. So after that slot went, it was logical to at least let someone know that, "hey i have $10,000 i want to give you. Please take it and throw out an extra plate of chow.... all i want to do is meet Yu Suzuki".
So with that in mind, i took to twitter, and just got in contact straight away with Cedric Biscay. To my shock, he tweeted me back with come cryptic comments, with a non confusing positive vibe off of them so things looked good.

As time went on, i was worried about being forgotten, so i decided to post pictures each day of my Shenmue collection, with hashtags mentioning i wanted another dinner and i had $10,000. Just to keep the idea public. But this morning when i woke up i was feeling very negative and was talking to Ziming on chat. I had more or less given up hope this morning, PLUS, i had sold some of my gaming treasures which seemingly had turned out for no reason. One item i sold in particular was a Halo Reach signed poster by the original Bungie team. The last game and the last time they were all together! I expected maybe $200 would be a good auction total for it, but i got a message from a guy in the UK and after a lot of questions about the condition he was happy to buy it for £100. A bit of a loss, but i didnt mind that too much. But this morning he was messaging me complaining he wanted half of his money refunded because i didnt have no caps on the sides of the poster tube and also no bubble wrap in the middle! It was common knowledge he said! I couldnt find a big enough tube for the size of the Poster, so i bought one in a graphics shop which didnt come with caps so i just taped it up well. The poster was fine when it reached him, but this was "not the correct way to send it", and it "wasnt up to his standard". I told him where to go, actually expecting me to refund him half, and have him own a Bungie signed Halo reach poster for £50! So for the first time ever in 8 years of being on ebay, he left me full negative feedback! Fucking asshole, i would punch him in the face repeatedly if i ever seen him.

So i was bumme dout about that, and to be honest not looking forward to the updates, but when it hit... man it was like Shenmue 3 all over again! When i seen Monaco and LA dinners announced i freaked the fuck out and hit it straight away. Even before making the update topics here as the news hadnt broke. I happily chose Monaco because its closer to me and will help with the cost of the trip. Plus after years of discussing Cedric and Shibuya Productions, i knew thats where they were based, and then i thought of how Yu was confirmed to appear at the Magic Monaco convention in 2016 to preview Shenmue 3! I also thought about meeting David Deville at it, and was thinking about asking him to attend with me, but he is already going to Japan with Matt, plus my friend has now shown interest in going, which he can rightfully do since he has backed me with a large amount of my pledge.

So now the dust has settled i am now buzzing and cannot wait to meet Yu. As some of you have said, for me personally it is literally life changing. It means i will now not be emigrating to Australia in November as planned, and i will be focusing my life on gaming. More so than i have ever done. Its more than just a hobby. Its a passion, and you only live once. Why should i not embrace my love for the gaming industry. Now i have no major outgoings, i can focus on buying a lot more games, and developing opinions and perhaps writing some articles and reviews etc. I would say also, since i have a lot of time, and 2 jobs, i can save up and possibly do the Shenmue pilgrimage to China and Japan sometime in 2017!

So thanks for all the love guys, it truely is felt and appreciated! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Imagine if you had missed these dinners too.....
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Extremely happy for you man.
Now lets work on that Japanese. :)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm assuming its your twitter but looks like Yu responded to your old tweet about the dinner!

NismoZZzz has received a thanks from: Shendream
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby joka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:09 am

wdrpgwd wrote:Really happy for you Peter.

I'm disappointed you won't be joining us in Japan though. It would have been fun to visit Yokosuka bars together and pick fights with sailors.

I'm not sure how LanDC feels but I have a little bit of a bittersweet feeling of once having an exclusive dinner with Yu to now being 1 of 3 dinners. It's not overly important in the end. I don't want to be selfish. I'm more concerned with the game being made at the best possible quality, as well as having exposure to the school. Our story made the news in Guilin and we are getting ton's of interest from all over China. A lot of local gamer's are talking about the game now and wanting it to be released in China.

Hey atleast you get the exclusive script bonus!

The replica jacket is nice for the Monaco/LA backers but it's available to others whereas yours isn't :)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Luke_09 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:14 am

Congratulations mate! Very jealous!
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 am

i would love to see a photo of the higher tier dojo donator's all standing together wearing their replica Ryo Hazuki jackets! someone has got to organize that at some point. at least the dinner guys should do it.

the shenmue equivalent of Green U.S Masters winners jacket in golf.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:40 am

Really happy for you Peter, you deserve it! X
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby b_ren » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:42 am

Well done. You deserve it!
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:00 am

johnvivant wrote: i would love to see a photo of the higher tier dojo donator's all standing together wearing their replica Ryo Hazuki jackets! someone has got to organize that at some point. at least the dinner guys should do it.

the shenmue equivalent of Green U.S Masters winners jacket in golf.

Agreed, we should have a topic for this when the stuff arrives :) Not just so the rest of us can look at it like green-eyed monsters, nope! :lol: [-(
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby alexironaek » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:43 am

so happy for you Peter. its all amazing... i mean shenmue 3.....dojo members and admins meeting Yu in person...i mean...its all so great!!! congrats.
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby TheThirdComing » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:23 am

Such wonderful news, I know I haven't been here long but I can tell just how passionate you are for the series and it sounds like you really deserve it Peter :) It's sounds like you have a journey ahead of you and I'm sure it will be magical :)

TheThirdComing has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
TheThirdComing

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:56 am

Amazing Peter!! Hope you have the best time. Please photocopy me the Scripts thank you!!
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby LucBu » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Bit late to this thread, but hey, what the hell - congratulations Peter. :)
LucBu

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III