DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Postby Yama » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:00 pm

I told you on Facebook, but yeah, thrilled for you my friend. Congrats!
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 pm

Yep, thanks again to everyone for the support. It still hasnt sunk in, never mind Shenmue 3, the Kickstarter, what the next 3 years will holf for us all. Its just an insane thought that a month ago, we were just as we have been for the past 14 years.

Its just going to be such an honour. I get nervous at the thought of it.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Axm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby rome » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Peter wrote: Yep, thanks again to everyone for the support. It still hasnt sunk in, never mind Shenmue 3, the Kickstarter, what the next 3 years will holf for us all. Its just an insane thought that a month ago, we were just as we have been for the past 14 years.

Its just going to be such an honour. I get nervous at the thought of it.

Don't be nervous Peter, just don't say anything stupid ;-)

This past month has been amazing though with everything Shenmue related, still hard to believe we're here now!
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:04 am

For the love of good fuck....

Ok guys, if you could do me a favor and cross your fingers or say some prayers for me I'd really appreciate it. What was once a done deal, is now lot looking so great. This morning, Greece has voted a firm NO to austerity measures to pay back the major debts that they already owe. Essentially they are walking away from their debts, thus a very good chance they will leave the Euro zone.

So how does this affect me? Well with Greece leaving the Euro zone, the global markets are going into chaos, and the exchange rates are skyrocketing. This morning, I am already looking at an extra £100 on the £6345 needed for $10,000, and as the next 12 days goes on, who knows what the fuck will happen!

Not feeling very confident, and since this entire process began, the deck has been stacked against me the entire time. I dunno how, but all I want to do is hit a fast forward button to the point where Kickstarter has taken the full amount and it's locked in. Until then, my nerves will be wrecked, and sleep will be minimal.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 am

Christ..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby LucBu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:20 am

I'm sorry to hear that man. A friend of mine is also stuck with the crisis in Greece. I think she was planning to bolt over to the UK. I don't know how your situation is going but perhaps there's some work around you can find? Like another account out of the country you could smuggle the money into and have it invested into the Kickstarter through that? I imagine the austerity measures will make it dificult for money to leave your account at all.

Any other members got any ideas for Peter?
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:38 am

No there's no problems with the money here in Ireland. We are fine. It's the exchange rate of the Sterling that's taking a huge battering with the decrease of value of the Euro. So the figure I had secured is now being increased.

The problem is I am maxed out across all of my family and friends. Every penny I have is invested in this to the point I am licking the bottom of my freezer to save the money for all of July. I've sold all I can so I am backed into another corner here which I need to find some way out of. Who knows what will happen, but these next 12 days are just going to be one huge bag of nerves.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby LucBu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:04 am

Ah, sorry, from the previous post I had assumed you were in Greece. It's certainly a pity that the Kickstarter doesn't just take the money you pledge instantly. It would also stop all those false pledges.

Are you sure you can afford this Peter? I'm sure Suzuki wouldn't want his fans ending up without a home or something. I do think what you're doing is brave and faithful, but I don't want to see you out on the streets. Certainly, pledges of that kind when you can barely afford it mean so much more than high pledges without financial risk to the backer. Where's Kanye West and another 3 million when you need him?

Hope the exchange rate stablizes soon. Here's hoping that you get that dinner and that you're financially safe.
LucBu

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:03 am

Peter wrote: No there's no problems with the money here in Ireland. We are fine. It's the exchange rate of the Sterling that's taking a huge battering with the decrease of value of the Euro. So the figure I had secured is now being increased.

The problem is I am maxed out across all of my family and friends. Every penny I have is invested in this to the point I am licking the bottom of my freezer to save the money for all of July. I've sold all I can so I am backed into another corner here which I need to find some way out of. Who knows what will happen, but these next 12 days are just going to be one huge bag of nerves.

Maybe exchange some money or open an account in another currency now before it gets worse?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 am

yeah , i get what you are saying Peter, all that sucks , unlike what the TV channels are saying the possibility of a Grexit is still small thought, i believe they are going to make a deal in the next two days .that's what i've been hearing at least, so i guess the exchange rates will get back to normal eventually.i really like you mate , and i respect a lot of you and all the dojo legends, just a i little misunderstanding thought , and please do not take it personally man ;) . we are not walking away from the debt, the debt where forced on us (we did not asked for money, the EU kept giving money with extremely high interest for no reason at all) , there is a country in the EU (i am not telling names, this is a shenmue forum , i do not want to start a war , we are all here cause we love shenmue) which gain a profit of 80m euros in the last 3 years only from the Greek debt interest (imagine the shenmue 3 we could have :lol: :lol: :lol: ). We did not ask for this , and i am extremely tired working 12 hours a day plus Sundays from the last 5 years for a 300 euros a month salary and watching the debt not shrinking but growing (!!) every year. That's the problem , we do not have any money at all , we cannot pay for food or rent (i mean it) and the debt is getting bigger with each passing month!! We were not used with this life...we are a EU country for Christ sake. anyway, with that out of the way i can clearly see your problem , lets hope that by the end of the week things will have settled down.i really want to help shenmue , i donated 175euros (leaving me with 125 for the rest of the month) but i am afraid the bank wont allow the money to leave the country.i am not cancelling though! i will find a way to pledge! even if i have to contract friends from other countries to pledge for my behalf :rotflmao: . and i believe that your dinner with yu san is still safe mate 8) 8)

alexironaek has received a thanks from: Giorgio
alexironaek

Postby LucBu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:51 am

alexironaek wrote:yeah , i get what you are saying Peter, all that sucks , unlike what the TV channels are saying the possibility of a Grexit is still small thought, i believe they are going to make a deal in the next two days .that's what i've been hearing at least, so i guess the exchange rates will get back to normal eventually.i really like you mate , and i respect a lot of you and all the dojo legends, just a i little misunderstanding thought , and please do not take it personally man ;) . we are not walking away from the debt, the debt where forced on us (we did not asked for money, the EU kept giving money with extremely high interest for no reason at all) , there is a country in the EU (i am not telling names, this is a shenmue forum , i do not want to start a war , we are all here cause we love shenmue) which gain a profit of 80m euros in the last 3 years only from the Greek debt interest (imagine the shenmue 3 we could have :lol: :lol: :lol: ). We did not ask for this , and i am extremely tired working 12 hours a day plus Sundays from the last 5 years for a 300 euros a month salary and watching the debt not shrinking but growing (!!) every year. That's the problem , we do not have any money at all , we cannot pay for food or rent (i mean it) and the debt is getting bigger with each passing month!! We were not used with this life...we are a EU country for Christ sake. anyway, with that out of the way i can clearly see your problem , lets hope that by the end of the week things will have settled down.i really want to help shenmue , i donated 175euros (leaving me with 125 for the rest of the month) but i am afraid the bank wont allow the money to leave the country.i am not cancelling though! i will find a way to pledge! even if i have to contract friends from other countries to pledge for my behalf :rotflmao: . and i believe that your dinner with yu san is still safe mate 8) 8)

I certainly don't believe the Greek people deserve the debt thrown on them, and I hope you get back on your feet soon.

LucBu has received 2 thanks from: alexironaek, Giorgio
LucBu

Postby elmatto » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:00 am

Dude if you gotta pull out, pull out. I don't think anyone would be mad at you for it.

elmatto has received 3 thanks from: alexironaek, Mr357, NeoShredder
elmatto

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:13 am

elmatto wrote: Dude if you gotta pull out, pull out. I don't think anyone would be mad at you for it.

Don't know if you are talking to me or Peter, elmatto but neither do I (with my small amount) or Peter (with his generous superb donation) want to pull out.i know no one is going to get mad at me , but i would be mad at myself , for all those days watching the shenmue 2 ending ,all those feelings that i have after every play through and all those E3's and TGS's waiting for some shenmue news... Anyway , i do not want to turn this topic into a politics discussion. :) :)

LucBu wrote:
I certainly don't believe the Greek people deserve the debt thrown on them, and I hope you get back on your feet soon.

Thanks mate , i appreciate it :) :)
alexironaek

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:50 am

Oh god yes Alex I am not getting at Greece in any way. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that the interest imposed on them basically forces them into submission. It's a shocking state of affairs.

Elmatto I won't be pulling out until the point where I 100% know and believe that it is a dream lost. Until then I just gotta keep believing everything will work out

Peter has received 2 thanks from: alexironaek, Giorgio
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 am

Peter wrote: Oh god yes Alex I am not getting at Greece in any way. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that the interest imposed on them basically forces them into submission. It's a shocking state of affairs.

i know Peter, thats why i wrote " please do not take it personally" ;-) ;-) , maybe i just wanted to let some things out of my chest
alexironaek

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III