My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

Postby Phong » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:48 pm

NeoShredder wrote: Guys, they're not just gonna do an MSPaint job here. Look at the reward image of our Saviour on the board:

Why not? Lucky Hit boards are street art. For $4,000 it's not going to be cheap even if it's cheap-looking. For that kind of money why not have some fun?

It's probably not going to be in any obvious location. They'll probably have the backer boards in some underground place like an easter egg.

Right now no one's buying this reward and I think it's because it's boring, especially since there are already dozens of other places to put your face in the game.

Phong has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Phong
Master of the Three Blades

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

NeoShredder wrote: Guys, they're not just gonna do an MSPaint job here. Look at the reward image of our Saviour on the board:

Man this is ugly!!! If this is the route they are going, better put this at $1 million. That's the only justification for such travesty . I'll certainly not go near that board when I play Shenmue 3.

PS. I don't mean the person is ugly, just that a real selfie stapled on a board wouldn't match the rest of the game. And I fear that the person would be more a source of joke from other fans than anything else.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby joka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:45 pm

I wonder if the listing for this reward is wrong- I mean maybe it's in game AND in real life?

That'd be the only way to justify such a difference in price in comparison to the I Am Shenmue reward surely...

The fact that the reward doesn't actually state it includes the $500 reward even though the picture shows it does is an error itself.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:52 pm

joka wrote:

The fact that the reward doesn't actually state it includes the $500 reward even though the picture shows it does is an error itself.

Most likely an oversight. It wouldn't be a first for AJ now, would it be?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby joka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Exactly... Which is why I wondered if there was more wrong with the reward description.

It's still got no backers which should tell them it is massively overpriced.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:04 pm

joka wrote: Exactly... Which is why I wondered if there was more wrong with the reward description.

It's still got no backers which should tell them it is massively overpriced.

When I went to look it up once again, I realized they did not do a mistake. In the description it's said that it includes the RYO VOICE MESSAGE BY COREY MARSHALL REWARD, which per se includes the $500 reward. It's not their fault, as it's a common description in Kickstarter projects.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm

They should change it to something like $2,500, that might work.
Dragon St.

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Tex murphy did it pretty good, in an abandoned burned building. They even give some comment on each photo, even I that didn't got the tier looked and the photos because it was funny.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Phong
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

As a side note, The "I am Shenmue 3" reward does not include the voice message by Corey Marshall. I believe they justify that price by the sheer size difference of your picture and name on the board (plus Corey's personal message) compared to a mini-pic among others somewhere in a harbor.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby joka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm

That lucky hit board is just gonna be somewhere in the game also though.

You also get your name in the guest book in the chobu inn with the I am Shenmue reward.

You're right I didn't click that it includes the Corey voice message unlike the other but it still doesn't justify the price.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:28 pm

joka wrote: That lucky hit board is just gonna be somewhere in the game also though.

You also get your name in the guest book in the chobu inn with the I am Shenmue reward.

You're right I didn't click that it includes the Corey voice message unlike the other but it still doesn't justify the price.

A lot of those rewards (ie. watch, old promo trinkets) also doesn't justify their prices, but this is for the campaign and hopefully a fan will bite. Maybe Michael Huber is fan enough of Lucky Hit that he's willing to be the face of the game.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby joka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 pm

sand4fish wrote:
joka wrote: That lucky hit board is just gonna be somewhere in the game also though.

A lot of those rewards (ie. watch, old promo trinkets) also doesn't justify their prices, but hopefully a fan will bite. Maybe Michael Huber is fan enough of Lucky Hit that he's willing to be the face of the game.

In comparison to other rewards they must do because they all have backers.

Money talks at the end of the day and with no backers it's saying it is overpriced! Lol
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:47 pm

joka wrote:
sand4fish wrote:

A lot of those rewards (ie. watch, old promo trinkets) also doesn't justify their prices, but hopefully a fan will bite. Maybe Michael Huber is fan enough of Lucky Hit that he's willing to be the face of the game.

Money talks at the end of the day and with no backers it's saying it is overpriced! Lol

Extremely overpriced. It should be $2000 at maximum. It's a cool idea and I wouldn't mind seeing Shenmue fans in fun exciting selfies. Just shows me the love fans had in supporting this game. Why not you know? If it was $1500 I would of done this instead of the current $1500 one I have.
Last edited by NismoZZzz on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:47 pm

joka wrote:

TBH I hope no one will back this no matter the price, as I still think this would be really ugly in-game and there are 15 spots, even at the cost of $60,000 extra for the game.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:59 pm

I say that we just harass anyone that backs it until they withdraw their pledge. Just call them ugly fucks and say that their face alone will ruin the Shenmue series.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III